Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Isn't It Romantic

Laughs, thoughtful messages in charming romcom satire.

Adult Written byJoelle Z. February 13, 2019

Charming, quirky Rom-Com tease

This movie is exactly what it says it's not: a sappy romantic comedy. But that's what makes it great. My sister and I laughed through the entire thing. There are a few iffy scenes, including a man making innapropriate sex noises, a woman discussing male genitalia, and one F-bomb (with just a few more bleeped out). But this movie is delightful, quirky, and all around (suprisingly) enjoyable. If you liked "13 going on 30", "You've Got Mail", or any early 90s rom-com, this one's for you.

Adult Written bylorelai54 February 15, 2019

Great movie!

This movie, whilst containing some kisses and hints of sexual activity, mostly stays on the positive side of the radar. There is a tad of cursing, and some drinking. However, there are also strong female characters who have positive messages to relay to the audience through their courage and humor. Overall, some bad aspects while still being a relatively clean movie, and lots of comedy and feminine power. Pros outweigh the cons in this situation.

Adult Written byjrcat7 February 17, 2019

WOW!!

The music-video style numbers near the end of the film were worth the price of admission. Having each cast member do a solo was a master stroke. Best Rebel movie by a long shot. She was perfect. Excellent cast. Very neat story...Perfect for Wilson. Chopra, Helmsworth, Devine, Gilpin and the gay guy nailed their parts. I kept wanting to rewind and play a funny scene over. Saw it yesterday. First movie since Rush Hour that I've gotta see again soon.
Adult Written byaniesadilla March 4, 2019