Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the appeal of practical jokes. Why is it funny to watch others being fooled? Do any of these jokes cross the line? How?
- What is funny about an old man and a young boy doing all these bad things?
- This movie doesn't have the usual "Jackass" disclaimer about not trying these stunts at home. Do you suppose these jokes, pranks, and stunts are safer to try?
- Why isn't it a good idea for children to drink alcohol? Why is this moment in the movie so shocking (to us and to passersby)?
What kinds of stereotypes does the movie use as jokes?
- In theaters: October 25, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: January 28, 2014
- Cast: Jackson Nicoll, Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze
- Director: Jeff Tremaine
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Genre: Comedy
- Run time: 92 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: strong crude and sexual content throughout, language, some graphic nudity and brief drug use
For kids who love humor
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.