All parent member reviews for Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrPaglia October 27, 2013

Funny "Bad Grandpa" needs a cold shower

If you don't mind the language, the comedy is hilarious. Having said that, if you have trouble talking to your kids about sex, PLEASE don't take any child under the age of 15 to see this, particularly if you've never had "the talk" with them. Johnny Knoxville's character is on a mission to find female companionship (to put it nicely!) throughout the entire movie. He also flashes a prosthetic penis and testicles at two different points in the movie. The scene of Knoxville's character inside an urban bar, where male strippers are pretty much completely naked, was both uproariously funny and somewhat troubling to watch. The movie itself kept me laughing from start to finish, but be aware that sexuality and inuendo also permeate the movie throughout.
Parent Written byronwi October 27, 2013

Harmless Humor, Fine for 12 and Up

Lots of harmless crude jokes - at a very juvenile level, perfect for mature 12 year olds and up. Also some good old-fashioned slapstick humor. It's stuff they already joke about with their friends, and given the antics are by an 86 year old there is no danger of kids emulating what they see. My 12 year old laughed pretty steadily for the entire movie. And he has no desire to do anything depicted in the movie. After writing this review, I went to look at the Dutch movie rating site. I find the Dutch age ratings to be more in touch with the SF Bay Area sensibility where I live (the MPAA ratings being way conservative.) The Dutch also rated it as OK for 12 year-olds. Unfortunately there is some filter software that does not allow me to post the URL of the Dutch site. If you search for Kijkwijzer you will find it.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 November 2, 2014

Jackass brings you...exactly what you expect!

Not to say that that's a bad thing! But if you're at all familiar with the shenanigans Johnny Knoxville and his crew pull, you'll find no surprises in "Bad Grandpa." The one things that burdens this film with otherwise very funny sketches (one featuring little boy Billy had me gasping for air) is the fact that Jackass was going for a coherent storyline. Why? Are you adding intellectuality to a movie where a man gets his privates stuck in a vending machine? They should've stuck to their wheelhouse with this one, because when it's not weighed down with weirdly sentimental moments, this film has a lot of really great gags.