Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Journey's End

Touching WWI drama focuses on humanity over battles.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byInformedFolk December 21, 2018

Watch WITH kids and Discuss.

Journey's End Review. It is rated r.... it is a war movie....from WW1. NO battle armor. Mustard Gas Chlorine gas Tear Gas Phosgene Gas. This movie did not show any of the gassing. In perspective.... it was a bad bloody war. I watched "All Quiet on the Western Front" in middle school after reading book in lit. Might be what provoked interest in these world wars and what our men went thru. That movie was honestly more violent than this one. In AQotWF... there were grenades leaving body pieces all over the barb wire fences. Nearing 4 decades later that picture is still in my head. This movie... had language. Did say F. What soldier goes into a bloodly deadly battle and never utters a form of shock. In Basic soldiers are often succumbed to this... not to be offensive but mentally to "toughen up". Yet these same soldiers that might have a slur are the kindest... most civil and would NEVER speak in front of mom that way by example. So back to movie... I might actually see recommend parents watching with middle schoolers up. Face it ... many kids are already playing kill games and have been for years. And if not your kid... i guarantee their friend is and they have still seen videos or gameplay. So why this movie... This is based on real history. My heart hurt for every soldier portrayed by the actor lying dead... (and decently done... there was death... not gore). For dads that never went home. For boys fresh out of school never even had a child. For lines of descendants that never will be. For descendants that only know the patriach from a photo in uniform. Thousands died. Our kids are simulating this. This movie is real. Its not a video game. Its a story of real families. Its a story of the front line. They ate. They drank. They slept. They peed. It was classy. No nudity. No sex. No gore. It used F and language a few times... your kids hear worse at school. People died. They are scared a gunman will murder them at school. If you let your kid play any shooter... its worth considering. For history buffs... it makes those 6 days not forgotten. "Those who forget history are bound to repeat it."

Adult Written bymajhop01 October 19, 2018

Reality of War

It's a WWI war movie. Watched with my 13 and 15 year old boys. 15 year old really like it. 13 year old thought it was a little slow. Clearly depicts the struggle and toll of war on the human spirit. Some swearing, heavy drinking and war violence. Left with a strong feeling lives were disposable.

Adult Written byTheRightChoice July 4, 2018

Not for kids

Just don’t. Almost every second someone is shot. It is a verse emotional movie. Kids couldn’t handle this.