Kid reviews for Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Poster Image

Great movie!

The best movie ever, if your kids have seen Indiana jones (the latest one) then it should be fine. I think a mature 10 yr old or 11 yr old can handle this (Just skip the shower scene)

Awful, Unoriginal, Video-Game Science Fiction Epic

Unusual spectacle (think Indiana Jones ripoff + time travel + archaeology) of cheap special effects and poor acting, a true Angkor Wat B movie.

Amazing movie

I love this movie. Between the action and suspense it’s a great movie. At times there is a little language and violence, but it’s still super good.

Surprisingly good film is enjoyable, but nothing special.

This film is decent. It is flawed, sure, but enjoyable. It's got some really cool scenes. I do like the plot and ideas. I also like the relationship of the villain and Lara. It's very interesting and fun to see and adds a new layer of depth to the characters besides hero and villain. sure, some parts could use more explaining in some aspects like that little girl that keeps assisting Lara and vanishing the second she looks away that no one else seems to notice. But it is worth checking out if you really want to see it. It's not great or anything, but it's OK, and for video game based films, OK is amazing.

Ok for ages 12 and up

Absolutely horrible film that awful stylizied action and cliche plot

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider is a horrible action film that tries to use stylizied action to deliver thrills, but it ends up wasting Angelina Jolie’s talents. There is a lot of action with some blood. Some violence including sh*t. The action is very stylizied so it looks super unrealistic. This is a Indiana Jones clone in every way possible, but still manages to be bad. The action is abysmal too. The only redeeming quality about the film is that Angelina Jolie is the perfect actor for Lara Croft, but she couldn’t save the film from lazy directing and screenwriting. The film was super boring at times. Overall, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider is a horrible film that is exactly what not to do when you make an adventure movie.

Iffy for 11+

Good movie

Lara Croft movie is meh

I have alwaysbeen a lara croft fan and this movie is meh. I expected better but it's alright. 11+. I saw this at 10 and it seemed cool but hard to follow and had not much story.

Cool

Great film, this is worth watching, as for role models and messsges there not positive but not super negative, theres no violence as such more just action, there are maybe around 5 minutes of footage in total not appropriate for children 11 and under, but apart from that id say its ok, but for sensibility reasons Im going to say PG-13, this is the rating on the box and I also believe this is very accurate, if with an adult this may be ok for 11/12 year olds, its depends on the child.

What I say is what the heck

Kind of a disappointing movie with the action. Violence: guns explosions etc. sex: there is nudity male and female but it is only breasts. Language: some swear words ( what the he!! Sh!t and more). Alchahol/tobacoo/smoking. There is some drinking not a hole lot. My rating PG-13 for action violence, some language and nudity.