Kid reviews for Little Women (2019)

Poignant, beautifully made take on beloved sisterhood tale.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysofiyap07 December 26, 2019

Good, might be hard to follow for younger kids

Good movie, but hard to follow if you haven’t read the book. It is also very long so I recommend the movie for older kids who have read the book or really like that genre of movie. No inappropriate or violent scenes, only playful sibling fights.

Teen, 13 years old Written byI need a phone January 11, 2020
This movie is very appropriate for a family to watch all though it has a few mild kisses I feel that all movies do.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviereviewer09 December 26, 2019

Emotional, a family friendly story with many ups and downs

Rarely do I write reviews for movies, only when I believe they are truly above mediocre, and I think Little Women really did surpass my standards. With a charming cast, I think this new adaptation of Little Women really enforced themes like family and inner strength. I had not read the book beforehand, and I see some reviews saying it was hard to follow without prior knowledge of the story, but I think I would have to respectfully disagree. Even though the scenes kept switching between the past and the present, the outfits and coloration of the scenes make it quite obvious which was which. What really stood out about this movie, though, was the strong female representation that spoke of their dreams and ambitions. Despite watching the movie two days ago, much of the quotes regarding empowerment have stuck with me. Also keep in mind that there are a couple sad scenes that made me almost cry, but also really humorous scenes that are sure to make your kids laugh. However, my only complaint (and the reason I gave it 4/5 stars) is that there was a lot of predictable dialogue and cliches. Personally, I like movies that surprise me with their wit and creativity, but perhaps you could argue that the cliches and predictably of the movie made it more charming, in a way. Overall, I would definitely take your young girls (and guys too! I'm sure they'd love it) to watch it and receive the message. After they watch it, they'll probably want to read the book, too! (I know I want to now!)

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2020

Great, just like the book

This movie was so sweet, I recently finished reading it ( this movie is based off of the book little women) and it is such a sweet movie. It does include some kissing at wedding, but it only lasts for a few seconds and it is not mushy. It also includes a character dying but, it is not scary for young ones. It is a GREAT movie in the end and, it is so inspirational. it includes good life lessons like, being humble. Meg uses this example when she could of married a rich man and had fancy dresses but instead marries the man she loves.

Kid, 8 years old January 6, 2020

little women

try it just of you have kid younger then 8 I would read it or watch it with them

Teen, 16 years old Written byAlexa3005 December 31, 2019
With Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, Emma Watson, Meryl Streep, Laura Dern, Timothée Chalamet, plus Greta Gerwig directing, I already knew this was one would be a hit. This is definitely a movie that anyone could enjoy. The acting was amazing, and I was really blown away by Florence Pugh. She’s proven herself with Midsommar, Lady Macbeth, Fighting with my Family, and now Little Women. Props to Greta Gerwig for making Amy a likable character. I’d say one thing that would be difficult for younger children would be following the timeline. It jumps all over the place constantly, and sometimes you can only tell when it takes place based off of character haircuts. Don’t have to worry about cursing, sex, or drugs, although alcohol is occasionally present. Beautiful movie all around.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjomarchismyspir... December 27, 2019

one of the best out there

The book has been my "Pilgrim's Progress" since I was very little, and this movie does it justice. The cast brings those girls to life in an amazing way. I was initially put off by the look of Teddy, but Timothee does a great job playing him. Ronan was the BEST Jo I could imagine!
This movie is not for book purists - they change little things here and there, and Jo's life more or less follows Louisa May Alcott's life. Amy is actually so likeable I didn't get angry when she and Laurie kiss, and when they're seen later with a baby. However, the essence of the book is there. 10/10 recommend!

Teen, 17 years old Written byDJ002 January 26, 2020

Great movie for everyone

This movie is perfect for kids and adults alike as it all about the strong bonds between sisters and there is a family feel throughout. The storyline is very interesting, however, at just over 2hrs the movie is quite long and therefore it may not be the best for young children.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySam1306 January 26, 2020

Incredible movie, strong performances and beautiful cinematography

This is one of the best movies of 2019 hands down. The acting is phenomenal, Saorise Ronan delivers one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. This movie is almost as good as Lady Bird, but it was still amazing. Although it may be hard to follow for younger audiences any child that has a long attention span will be able to enjoy it. It may seem to be dull to some younger children, it should be an incredible watch for the family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKmurphy24 January 24, 2020

Great Movie!

A little bit of stuff that is disappointing. It gets very sad when the sister is dying and goes through a suffering sickness. However, the main point of the movie is very great. Its an overall amazing movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMimi Marquez January 20, 2020

Great Movie

A little hard to follow but a good use of the story

Teen, 15 years old Written byBella Kate January 19, 2020

Everyone should see this movie

I had first seen the preview for this movie about a month and a half before it came to theaters. I immediately was counting down the days until I could se it. I was so excited! Finally, when I was in Atlanta over Christmas break, I went to the movie with my cousins who are four sisters, just like in Little Women. It was absolutely amazing! Little Women can be very important in society now, teaching us about the struggle that women had to endure back in the mid-1800s, and how women have always been treated worse than men. The movie shows how women are more than many men think they are and that they are capable of great things. All women should see this movie, but all men should see it , too. I think that they might have more respect for women if they did.

Teen, 13 years old Written byread08 January 18, 2020

Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2020

Wow.

This was a GREAT movie. Standout performances by Timothée Chalamet, Meryll Streep, Emma Watson, and Saoirse Ronan. I honestly think that all audiences should be happy with this movie, but in the case of a fidgety, easily distracted child, best go alone. This movie includes no violence, and some humor may go over younger audiences' heads. Overall, a great movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychalk boa January 14, 2020

Amazing!

This movie is beautifully written and directed. The characters are strong and the acting is fantastic! There are important messages about equality, and family. The sisters are very different from each other, yet they are all inspiring in their own way.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaverage-teen January 13, 2020

Beautiful, Captivating and Funny

This is an absolutely beautiful movie. It really brings the book to life. I t has no inappropriate elements and would be completely fine for all ages if it wasn't for the confusing element. I watched it with my mum, grand ma and 10yr old sister last week I even found it a bit hard to follow along with as it goes back and forwards in time constantly and it is a bit hard to tell when everything is happening. A good way to be able to understand the movie is to read the book or watch the original movie (which is also completely appropriate) first.
I would recommend ages 10+

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2020

The greatest movie I've ever seen in my life.

I'm not exaggerating. This is the greatest movie of all times.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLivie Grace January 7, 2020

Confusing movie had me walking out of the theaters wondering if it was worth it.

First off, the jumping back and forth between the "past" and "present" really boggled my mind. It came to a point when I stopped trying to figure out if what was happening was in the present or past.
Also, the age for Amy really made me mad. She was supposed to be like twelve or something but was actually in her twenties the entire movie. Also Laurie was really annoying. The only reason I'm giving this movie 3 stars is because it at least kept me in my seat and not out the theater door like I felt like doing at some points throughout the movie. Honestly, you're better off with the 1994 version of Little Women (my personal favorite).

Teen, 16 years old Written byNadia Cloud January 6, 2020

Good adaptation of the book!

Little Women is a great adaptation of the book. I recommend it even if you've never read the book. I recommend this for ages 11 and older because the plot would be hard to grasp for younger viewers. Good movie!

Kid, 9 years old January 5, 2020