Parent reviews for Love and Monsters

Charming post-apocalyptic adventure is filled with suspense.

Adult Written byOphan December 10, 2020

Moaning sex scene in beginning

The first scene (so just fast forward) had sex moan scene noise and a silhouette. This was ridiculous for a family movie. It absolutely served no purpose. The agenda seems odd because these silly things take away a lot of their audience, so it must be more important than money. Anyway, we all have different standards and I get that, but I am just surprised they add these things. Seems odd. Most I know agree. It is a good movie otherwise. Very good one, so I guess that is why I don’t get their weird showing teen sex agenda when the same people online scream against this agenda.

Adult Written byTheMovieMunsters October 18, 2020

An Awesome Movie

Love and Monsters was FANTASTIC. It was funny,thrilling and entertaining. The CGI was super realistic and didn't look fake. The main character, Joel, was very relatable in his reactions and perspective on gigantic monsters trynna kill him.Great messages on hope,endurance and humanity. Would highly recommend to watch!

Parent of a 9 and 11-year-old Written byKimsie3 October 16, 2020

Good movie!

It kept the attention of both of my boys, even my one who hates anything but documentaries. They’re 9 and 11 and there weren’t any parts where I was uncomfortable with what they were seeing.

Adult Written bybooboofiberz22 October 19, 2020

Great family movie!

I was delightfully surprised with this movie! Albeit, it was a little cheesy, but it was also very entertaining and I thought the actors and actresses were very talented. I'm pretty sure most of the references will fly over young kids heads. Be prepared to have a good cry as well!
Xoxo,
Booboofiberz

Parent Written byDamien O. October 31, 2020

Decent film

My eight year-old really enjoyed this film. It has a PG-13 rating but really the only thing is it could be a little scary. There’s violence, but not really against humans. I think for your average kid, I’d say 10+ but it’s a decent movie. Saw some people saying your kid should be 14+ and just rolled my eyes.

Adult Written byBeardDirector October 18, 2020
Adult Written bydylan_obriens_lover September 25, 2021

Amazing!

there is an implied sex scene at the start but only mature children will get it.

Adult Written byratcheaks September 23, 2021

It was a fun movie

It is a fun energetic family movie perfect for 10 years and up
Adult Written byFatalCulture June 5, 2021

Loved it

Great heart warming adventure, the monsters might be scary for younger kids. There is no nudity or sex scenes, but there is implied sex at the start, you hear a bit of moaning and some legs, but that’s it. Only older kids will understand. A little violence in killing the big monsters, too.

Adult Written byemarnold15 April 16, 2021

Such a great surprise!!

To be honest, the main reason I watched this was for Dylan O'Brien. I've been a fan of his since Teen Wolf and really loved the Maze Runner series. But I was super surprised with how good this movie was! It was a really fun, action-filled movie that has some really sweet and heartfelt moments. All of the characters are really likeable, especially Boy!! It wasn't nearly as cheesy as I was expecting for a family-friendly Zombieland type of movie. The CGI was really good too. And of course, Dylan's character Joel was super adorable, funny, and relatable as always!
All-in-all, one of my favorite movies that has come out during lockdown. Hope it comes on US Netflix soon!!
I think 10 and up is fine, as long as your kids aren't scared by the CGI monsters in the movie.

Adult Written byMollyGal January 29, 2021

Great for tweens looking for action!

This movie was fantastic! Our whole family loved it. We’ve been looking for a “scary” movie that is kid appropriate and this was great! Some scary parts and lots of action but a great message of perseverance. The characters are great and message was positive. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Parent of a 9 and 12-year-old Written byNovaBr0ker January 18, 2021
Adult Written bytirzamina01 October 28, 2020
Adult Written bymonis_shaikh October 18, 2020

Feel Good Film !!

Love and Monsters, there is a time where the non-human things become bigger in size and eats most of the population and destroys the world. There come one boy Joel who lost his love in the world of monsters. The movie taught us how to survive in the dying world and reach to our destination no matter how risky it will be and it also tells that no matter how difficult the world is, we have to come out survive rather than hiding. Overall it is a good and nice movie !!!