What parents need to know
Parents need to know that Love and Monsters is a dystopian fantasy adventure with a romantic comedy twist. Dylan O'Brien stars as Joel Dawson, survivor of a "monster apocalypse" who lives in an underground colony with other survivors. When a monster invades their bunker and kills a member, Joel decides to hit the road in search of his high school sweetheart, Aimee (Jessica Henwick). Along the way, he meets Clyde Dutton (Michael Rooker), an expert hunter who helps him survive and track down his love. This fantastical romantic comedy adventure likely has peril, along with action and violence, strong language, and some sexually suggestive material.
- In theaters: October 16, 2020
- Cast: Dylan O'Brien, Michael Rooker, Ariana Greenblatt
- Director: Michael Matthews
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Topics: Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: action/violence, language and some suggestive material
- Last updated: September 16, 2020
For kids who love fantasy and adventure
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.