Kid reviews for My Bloody Valentine (1981)

My Bloody Valentine (1981) Poster Image

My bloody valentine review.

This movie is a high 3 almost four just not quite there. Very gory though. Stabbing and gore is frequent. Similar to Friday the 13th. The sex is plains 80s sex stuff like kissing and some making out. In the background there’s a picture of naked women breast easily seen. Some language like f—k and s—t but nothing too much. Over all a great slasher.

Loved it!!

This movie has some stabbings, pretty gored scenes, and cannibalism. Some sex, Naked women poster in background is very visible. Making out, average 80’s movie sex. The language isn’t very bad. Some f-bombs and more. Overall if you see other slasher you can see this pretty bloody movie. Best slasher ever!!

Only watch the unrated version, it is so much better!

I watched this film thinking it was pretty lame because of how just about no kills were actually shown, but apparently the MPAA removed 9 minutes because it was too much for an R rating. The unrated version has three of the nine minutes shown, and it is better. More violent, but better. The R rated had little actual killing/death shown. This review will show both perspectives. A woman is killed off-screen but her shriveled corpse is found in a laundromat dryer (unrated shows the dryer toss her corpse around a bit). A man is stabbed in the throat with a pickaxe (unrated shows the end of the pickaxe going out of his eye socket, popping his eye out). A girl is impaled onto a showerhead by the mouth offscreen, and a fuzzy side angle of her mouth with bloody water flowing out is shown (unrated shows her get impaled onto showerhead and shows bloody water flowing clearly). A man gets a nail gun to the head twice. A couple making out is impaled by a drill (offscreen). A man has his head pushed into boiled water, blistering his face. His body is seen in a fridge. Bloody human hearts are found in boxes. A man is hung and his body falls (mainly off screen, unrated shows the body detach leaving the head hanging. A mine shaft caves in killing about five miners, one survived by being forced to cannibalize the dead ones, he is seen eating an arm. Another mine shaft caves in and you see the man stumble away (unrated shows him sever his arm). A flashback shows a man kill two people, a second flashback shows the man kill one guy in front of a kid (unrated shows him rip out the dead guy's heart, second flashback shows blood spray across the kids face). There actually is practically no sex at all, just kissing and cuddling. No drugs except beer. Mild language. Should be fine for 14+ Unrated,12+ R-rated.

Disgusting graphic nudity

The movie was just disgusting and awful. I was so excited to see it as I recently watched the original movie and wanted to see the remake. At the beginning of the movie, there is a scene that shows a fit blonde girl fully nude and shaved running around for 8 minutes. It was shocking is because we're so used to seeing these girls from the waist up! The camera made sure to show her entire body. The scene was really unnecessary and ridiculous. I mean, hello? She could of at least put a bra and a thong on . Anyways, I didn't enjoy the rest of the movie. For what I saw, there was tons of blood and guts - though it was entertaining enough to finish....I was just... disappointed... What did anyone else think?

Underrated classic

This movie truly is a hidden gem of the 1980's slasher scene. The character's are great, they mix well together, they are very relatable and they seem like people you could just have a good time with. Secondly this movie is ridiculously tame there is a half strip tease kinda thing in the beginning but the person gets murdered before anything can really happen. Giving this movie a 5 in the sexual content is just plain stupid there is literally nothing over pg-13 in this movie sex wise. If you watch the theatrical cut there is A LOT less blood/less gore and oddly enough less emotion in certain character's faces when they see a dead body. The reason why the theatrical cut is a lot more tame is the mpaa was incredibly controlling when it came to violence after friday the 13th and they threatened to give the movie an x rating if they didn't cut a ton of content out. The special edition on the other hand is still quite tame but some scenes take longer to cut away from a kill or there is more gore but the change from r to "x" is very obvious with the film becoming extremely grainy and low quality. Overall I highly recommend this movie to any slasher film lover and any horror film lover in general I also recommend this movie to parents who want to watch a fun horror movie with their children but don't want to go overboard with gore and sex. I sort of forgot there is a shower scene but it's just a a bunch of miners talking in the showers after a dig with only upper torso being shown there could be some man butt in the background but you truly only notice it if you're not paying attention to the people talking.

BAD MOVIE

THIS IS IS JUST BAD!

Awesome.Bloody cool.

I have the Blu-ray version of this on DVD however it still looks a bit outdated and cheesy as you would expect from a 1980s slasher old school horror flick however it's still bloody cool.Be on the lookout for the 2010 3D version though.It's great.By the way I've got the unrated edition too.

Not Perfct, But Fun

A pretty fun slasher. A few plot holes and an awful ending aside, it's pretty fun.

top ten slasher movie

this movie was great by it self. but with all the gore put back into the movie it ranks as the top 10 slasher movies ever.