Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Osmosis Jones

Mostly animated PG film has gross-out humor, violence.

Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

I do not agree

For any parents checking this movie is not as aprprote as you think there are very sad scenes at the end there is a big fight. Words such as hell are used. And a slopp is killed in a very sad way. [Don't worry after you cry he comes back to life.] This should have a PG-13 rating.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bydochnwillow February 24, 2010

A great movie the family can watch together and talk about after

This was a great movie!! My boys had first seen the Knock off cartoon Ozzy and Drix, and After we previewed the movie, we let the boys watch it. They LOVED IT.... True the start is sad, but it is a good movie, because they show how a death can effect EVERYONE in the family.... they didn't play the card that only the kids get upset. It also shows how much the dad realizes ,as the movie progresses, that his daughter needs him as much as he needs her. This is a movie that families can discuss, and many can understand.
Adult Written byJen5413 May 29, 2009
This movie was gross and used a lot of bad language and scenes of smoking. I couldn't believe it was only a PG!! I think it definitely should be rated PG-13. Do not let anyone under the age of 13 see this movie.

Adult Written byEZL1414 November 11, 2014

Not very accurate, Some innuendos are made

Except for the part about cold medicine only relieving your systems instead of curing the disease, I would like to say that this movie is scientifically inaccurate (duh). For example, a virus kills a cell by injecting its DNA into the nucleus of the cell, which leads to the making of more viruses inside the cell, eventually causing the cell to burst open. The virus does NOT poke holes in the membrane of the cell (well, it sort of does, but not in the way the movie depicts it). I know this is a cartoon-style movie, but watching all the scientifically inaccurate stuff just kinda made me want to pull my hair out. As for the innuendos, well, read the other reviews. However, this movie did carry out a positive message of leading a healthy lifestyle (even though there were some gross parts).

Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 10, 2010

Gross cartoon can be fun

This is both a gross and fun movie. The animated portions are clever and funny, but the real world ones are really quite gross and wierd. There's an intense scene near the end that kids may not be able to handle. Some of the caroon images are sadistically violent or vulgar. That was a warning for parents. Bottom Line: a good movie if you're open-minded, and do not get grossed-out easily. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 28, 2009

not a deseptive movie.

me and my family luv this movie! and it is not deseptive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bySuper_JRM May 18, 2018

An amazing film

It was ok. A great movie that will capture the hearts of many. It has action, suspense, and great morals. It is a great film that anyone will enjoy!