All teen and kid member reviews for Pacific Rim

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek July 11, 2013

Awesome

Parents, this new apocalyptic thriller from the director of "Pan's Labyrinth" will probably be on your kid or teen's radar, but the violence and language makes it better for a teen audience. Violence is constant, and strong. It includes intense fighting, explosions, emotional deaths, scary nighmare imagery involving young kids, collapsing buildings, peril, and a vicious fight. Language is very mild, with infrequent use of h-ell, but includes one use of f--k. In the end, this fun and intense action-packed movie could have used a little more heart, but still brilliant and great. It's best for teens 14 & Up. Rated PG-13 For Extended Scenes Of Sci-Fi Violence Including Intense Images, Intense Action Sequences Throughout, And Some Brief Strong Language.
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2013

Great if your kid can handle the violence and infrequent use of language

THIS MOVIE IS AMZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I think that if your child is a bit scared of monsters because in this movie there are alot of monsters that look like dinosaurs and Godzilla.There is alot of intense violence and infrequent use of bad language. Know your child is he or she a bit scared Was he or she scared when watching transformers or real steel.if they we not then they can probably handle the content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe movie dude May 17, 2014

Great .

Not bad at all just Transformers meets Godzilla but a bit more family friendly 5-13 year olds will absolutely love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy September 6, 2014

Pacific Rim review

Pacific Rim (from what I remember) should be fine for tweens and up. No one under 11. It has some language, some very loud scenes, some violence but all in all isn't that bad.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2014

Pacific Rim

In this movie there is a lot of action and killing of monsters. Personally I loved it a lot!! This only has a few monsters here and there. There is not much blood or gore in this movie except when the robot rips a monsters stomach in half and guts go every where (but the guts are not real). There are a lot of tense moments. But I enjoyed it a lot. Who ever loves fighting and adventure or mystery will love this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 16, 2014

Not as good as I was hoping it would be.

I was hoping this movie would be less yappy and more action, but it had more talking than giant robots killing aliens. The story was mediocre. A lot of that talking was swearing. The movie did eventually get to giant robots killing aliens. (what people actually watch these kinds of movies for)
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 September 7, 2013

Pacific Rim

This movie really isn't bad. I'm pretty sure a six year old can watch this but for those type of parents. Pacific Rim does great with visual effects but fails to deliver as a movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow July 14, 2013

A big, loud, explosive visual treat

I first saw the trailer for this movie when I saw the midnight screening of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey back in December, and the second I saw it, I was hooked. I immediately told my dad that, come hell or high water, were going to see that movie in IMAX 3D. I had to wait 8 months until finally it came out, and I saw the opening weekend matinée. And boy, what a ride. This has got to be one of the biggest and loudest movies I have ever seen. The action was exhilarating and the special effects were incredible. It looked fantastic in IMAX 3D, really allowing you to immerse in the scenery. And I loved the sheer scope and weight it gave itself. Yet I do still have some problems with it: the editing was iffy, with a few too many zoom-ins and cuts. I also detested the two scientist comic reliefs; they were just far too over-the-top and silly that I couldn't enjoy them (although Ron Perlman was very funny). Also, I think the film was a little rushed; I think that action films should have buildup so we can identify with the characters. This movie just skips right into the action, so the characters weren't very identifiable. But that can't bring the film down. It's an exciting thrill ride that was great to see in the theaters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrMoviesGuy February 8, 2016

Awesome movie, it's like Transformers and Godzilla.

I think this movie is really really awesome. There is sci-fi violence and some language. There is some blood and gore from the giant creatures, not humans. This can be intense for very young kids, the giant alien creatures called Kaiju can be scary for younger children(Older kids won't find the Kaijus scary) There is some bad language.(But you don't have to worry) There is no F words. The story is about when the creatures attack , they build giant robots to kill the creatures.Because this is a little bit scary and a tiny bit gory, this is recommended for ages 8 and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 28, 2014

Simply one awesome film.

I'm stoked for words. I'm speechless. Simply one awesome film. Great performances, especially Idris Elba.
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2014

pacific rim

I saw this movie when I was 10 and I loved it there wasnt a lot of swearing exept damn.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 11, 2014

Aside a confusing backstory, and little sequel potential, good film!

There is some swearing, and lots of fighting, but what else will you find in a film of human controlled robots v giant aliens...
Kid, 12 years old April 28, 2014

Epic!!!!!111!!!!!!

Only bad thing is language the fight scenes can be intense, seven characters piloting jaugers (the giant mechs) die but other then that awesome Watch!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!1!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShamefulEnglishman July 31, 2013

Great fun!

I very much enjoyed this movie. As a fan of Japanese culture, I noticed many things which could be identified as references/similarities to the Mecha and Kaiju sub-genres and this may please older viewers who may have watched Mobile Suit Gundam and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Nostalgia aside, Pacific Rim achieves what it intends to with great aplomb, and that is to be a pulse pounding action movie. The special-effects in this movie are astounding, the action scenes between the Yaegers (giant robots) and Kaiju (giant dinosaur-esuqe monsters) are simply fantastic and look incredibly real. The story-line is rather thin and won't win any Oscars for originality, however that isn't a problem with the action taking center-stage and it still manages to be sufficiently engaging at the same time. The characters are rather bland, however this is again, not much of a problem however some of the dialogue did seem a bit wooden with occasional poor line delivery. To conclude, this is a rip-roaring, no holds barred thrilling action blockbuster that does a great job of keeping you entertained for 120 minutes. While the story and characters can be rather weak, Pacific Rim is still great fun and if I wanted to watch a mecha which focuses on characters and story then I'd watch Neon Genesis Evangelion anyway!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE July 26, 2013

A Giant, Loud Mess

The beginning of this movie was AWESOME! Then the story just got weird and hard to follow.There is some very intense violent scene with extremely loud sound effects that may be to scary/ or intense for some younger kids. Some scenes are pretty cool with the visual effects but it was a total miss. I don't recommend this movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2016

pretty good

Great film
Teen, 13 years old Written byPate2073 July 20, 2016

Predictable

I think the movie is really predictable. People die, The alien dies and the main character lives. But it is quite interesting though.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2015

Good, but not for 5 year old's.

This is a good movie but it is retelling the story of neon genesis evangelion, the tale of a teenager who's dad creates these mecha suits to fight against sea monsters called kaiju also known as angels in the manga there is some blood, and some love between a man and woman. This is a great movie to watch with your family, and I would suggest anyone to watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015