Kid reviews for Persepolis

Animated coming-of-age tale is poignant, mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDaHonestCartoon... November 22, 2018

The Movie Is Very Interesting!

This movie is very great! I love it, one of the problems it has to many parents is the swearing. theres not much other stuff. there is drinking said in the movie or talked about. Not much nasty stuff. only 1 scene but thats all.

Teen, 16 years old Written byA.M.F July 23, 2017

Iran is not like that

I think that is not good for kids

Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2016

Mostly Black And White Animated Film Is Dark, Powerful.

Persepolis is an animated film about author Marjane Satrapi growing up during the Iranian Revolution. This makes for some intense moments, including bombings, killings, explosions, even a man is shot. (His blood is black, as the scene is in black and white.) There is some swearing, including one use of f--k. Marjane also tries to commit suicide, plus she tries to smoke, and takes pills that cause various scenes with her going through a bad drug trip. Marjane also ends up homeless, and she is in a cold part of Europe, and ends up coughing blood. Someone gives the middle finger to a crowd while screaming into a microphone. But, all mature scenes aside, it is a well-done documentary that tells of war, parties, drugs, and life in Iran.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byAkocur123 January 21, 2015

Amazing movie, but...

In my opinion, this is quite possibly the greatest animated film I've ever seen, but don't let that fool you. This movie was not intended for kids. Yes, it carries many good messages and some positive role models, but it is packed full with language, including one "f--k", five or six "s--t", and constant other words including damn, hell, bitch, ass, bastard, etc. It's also got some concerning sex related things, including talk about virginity, a scene with a guy in bed with someone, and talk about breasts. There is TONS of violence, as this is a war movie, so you'll see people get shot, a scene near the start when you will see a mess of blood on the ground, and other things. Lastly, there is the drinking/smoking/drugs, which is possibly one of the worst. The entire second half of the movie shows countless scenes of teens smoking, (Especially the main character, Marjane.) a part near the end where the main character feels depressed and overdoses on drugs in a attempted at suicide, and finally, there is drinking every now and then, especially in the first half where their country bans alcohol and they have to hide it and only drink it in secret parties. So yeah, this movie, though amazing, is inappropriate for kids under 13. If you are reading this and you are under 13, remember the name of this movie, and watch it as soon as you have reached a good age for watching it. You will LOVE this movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written bydaughterofhappiness January 19, 2015

Persepolis

It's definitely sexual at times, violent (people die) and there's lots of drinking, but it's not for no reason. It shows a life that kids don't know all that much about and opens up a world that we haven't really seen before. It's cartoony, based on the graphic novels. The graphic novels are also fantastic, and definitely should be read alongside the movie.

Kid, 9 years old November 6, 2012

11 year olds can handle it!

When I am 11 or older, I will like this! I think there's some violence, kissing, hugging, some language and some pills taked. But OK.

Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

Persepolis: A beautiful animation

This movie was probably one of the best I've ever seen in my life. I would HIGHLY recommend watching it, but know your kids. This has some content that portrays the real world truthfully and brutally. Marjane tries to fit in and sometimes does not make the best decisions. But this movie is truly a work of art, so maybe talk to your kids about it and see if they're ready.

Teen, 16 years old Written byartist5 June 14, 2012

Good, but make sure your kids are mature before they see it.

Its a great film(though the ending is a bit unsatisfying), but it's not for kids. There's a lot of swearing (and not just mild either), refernces to sex, and plenty of violence. None of that detracts from its cinematic value, but this movie is better for older teens and adults.

Kid, 9 years old January 26, 2012

This should have won the oscar

With it's great anmation, persepolis is a must-see, but here's something to remmber: this is a war film: which means there is people being shot. There's also some drinking at parties and a scene with a man and woman in bed. And if that's not enough there's even swearing. Still this is a great film for tweens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJathim April 25, 2011
love this movie.

Kid, 7 years old July 10, 2010
Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2010
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2010

One of my faves :D

Im 11. My mom took me to see this when i was 9 and in 4th grade. She (and my dad) were both teens during the revolution.
So anyway, we saw this movie, and I thought it was AMAZING.
Howver, the violence, sex, drugs, and language is too much. For me, at age 9, it was outta control.
but now, I can understand how she felt. She was stuck in the middle of the revolution, a teenager, trying to find her place. Done.
Its a great movie, one of the best evr made, jussss dont let 9 and under see it ;)

Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2010
I am a 10 year old girl. I love this movie. Last night I stayed up to watch it. I have been watching it with my 7 year old brother since 2008. I love this movie.

Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2009

A great film! Wow, that heading, sucks

If you let your kids watch any movie just because it's animated, then you're ridiculous.
Think I'm lying? Just watch this.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding film mainly set in Iran, focusing on the author, Marjane Satrapi's childhood, teendom, and adulthood.
The film doesn't shy away from the important political and moral issues surrounding these issues, but it's all the better for that reason.
In conclusion, this film may be a bit hard to swallow at times, and is definitely not a kids' film, but it is still great.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A great movie worth watching

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

graet movie!!!!!

It's a great animation, but not for young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

Great Animated Movie

Persepolis is interesting in its description of war through a child's eyes. Its a great movie and the animation is cool.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

How this got away with a PG-13 rating is mind-boggling.

Persepolis is definitely not a kids film. Don't let the animation and story fool you. If you take your kids to see this boy would you be mad. The sexual content is bad. There is no explicit nudity. But very explicit sexual references throughout that aren't PG-13 material. The language is really iffy and kind of a big issue there is sexual references and graphic swearing. The drugs is the worst part. Throughout teens are smoking and drinking. Overall this is not a kids film and how this got away with a PG-13 rating is mind-boggling this is easily an R rated film.