All parent member reviews for Phoebe in Wonderland

Adult Written bywonder dove March 11, 2009

Poor Phoebe!

It's not her fault! I enjoyed this movie, but not as much as I'd hoped. This film is full of sorrow when you try to feel and understand what Phoebe is going through. My only complaint is that it could have had a tad more action, a lot of it seemed too slow.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRobyns_Nomomie May 30, 2014

a mile in others shoes

Although my daughter is not quite ready for this (i agree with the sites reviews that although it focuses around children it is not a children movie) It is very well done. Show you the world through the eyes of a young girl with Torrets syndrome. Great for parents whos children may suffer from social challenge disorders such as ADHD, Torrets, or Asperger's. Also great for older siblings of children with these types of challenges.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymemoryerror March 8, 2010

Great movie for people of all ages that are able to comprehend it

I think this is a great movie for people of all ages that are able to comprehend it. I think if your child is not able to understand it it would not be interesting or good for the child. If your child is able to understand it, this movie will enrich there perspective on life. The parents are not the best roll models for parents at all, the absentee father especially. I really hope that in this day and age fathers of this sort are a rarity.
Parent of a 7 year old Written by2inz4me August 20, 2009

Good for adults and teens. Not for the young...to heavy.
Educator and Parent of a 9, 12, and 13 year old Written byMom65 August 15, 2009

This is not a kids' movie. This movie has value but it is not appropriate for young children. It is not your typical Alice story. It is the story of a little girl who turns out to have tourette's syndrome. It is not a light topic. I started to watch it with my 9-year old and 13 year old. Turned it off halfway through. At that point in the movie, the whole thing was just unsettling for the kids.
Adult Written bybinzworld March 16, 2009

A VERY THOUGHT INSPIRING FILM!

I thought it was a very good movie that takes a lot of knowledge to see and understand this film. I enjoyed it! Even my nine year old daughter and her friend liked it! It is not often you see a film with all kids but the themes require adult perspective.
Parent of a 11, 16, and 17 year old Written byevamarie8 March 5, 2009

the entire theater wept for Phoebe and her family

Saw this movie last June at a Hollywood preview. It was riveting and moving--I'm so glad it is finally out. Every parent worries about their child and when something is not quite right--it is a frightening journey. I will take my 17 and 11 year old to see it.