Kid reviews for Phoebe in Wonderland

Phoebe in Wonderland Poster Image

It has disturbing bits, but is overall a pretty good movie.

I think that it's good, because it gives you an awareness about Tourettes and how others live, but it doesn't have a totally steady tone. Elle Fanning did an amazing job at captivating your emotions, and the ending is nice and hopeful, but there are definitely some darker themes. Phoebe hallucinates characters from Alice in Wonderland throughout the movie which can be disturbing. Also there is some language in the movie. There is some talk about suicide and other dark subjects, but I guess that's just what to expect with a movie like that. Well, I think that if you're a mature enough kid/adult, then you'll enjoy the movie, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend.
I remember watching it when I was around 4, I didn't exactly understand it but I still enjoyed it. I don't suggest letting younger audiences watch it unless they are; 1. Mature enough to handle it 2. Can understand what's happening 3. Are okay with a bit of gore.. Reasoning for suggestions; 1. Younger kids might try to copy Phoebe or they could get scared from her actions 2. If they don't understand what's happening they will take nothing away from the movie and it will make little to no sense to them 3. At a few points in the movie you'll see a bit of blood, at one point Phoebe's hands are bloody, at another point her knees are bloody Phoebe is a 9-Year-Old self destructive child, her parents can tell something is going on/ something is wrong but refuse to accept reality. Phoebe acts & speaks impulsively. Much later on in the movie it's finally looked into and they found it's Tourette's Syndrome (TS) . This movie is truly all over the place and makes almost no sense, it never explains nor shows the process of finding out what's up with Phoebe, they just sort of have her stand in front of the class and explain that her actions were caused by it and she answers a few of her classmate's questions about it... If you tried you could probably understand the ending but it's just a bad ending overall, I don't really know what you'd expect from a 2008 movie though so I was lenient with my rating. I do suggest watching it for yourself but it's not really a movie you'd watch now and say "Wow, what a great movie. That was so good, I want to watch it again!" It's more of a movie you'd re-watch in an attempt to better understand it. On another note, there's some swearing but only like 3 times? Yeah, not much so I won't be putting a language warning, also there's not much violence shown just Phoebe jumping off the catwalk ladder and then the minor gore, there's a bit of smoking but it's towards the end and unless kids know what it is they could never guess, there's some drinking I suppose but not much just some wine at a little dinner hosted by the mother, anyway I hope I didn't spoil too much of this movie for you.. - Common Sense User Apologies for such a long review and wasting a few moments of your time.

Loved it!!!

Just because you are different doesn't mean you can't enjoy things and you will always have people in your life that love every bit of you.

Disturbing, best for older teens

This film was surprisingly heavy, with Elle Fanning turning out an absolutely stunning performance as a troubled girl who just can't seem to bend to her peer's whims, and insults people and says whatever she's feeling. It's extremely sad at times, but the end shows that there can be hope and demons can be conquered. Recommended, though it is far from flawless in terms of character development.

Phoebe in Wonderland

Phoebe in Wonderland was fantastic and had only a few shocking scenes.

This was a waste of my life. My mom was the only one that "liked" it, and I'm even using that lightly. The storyline was choppy and kinda boring. I was ready to walk out like half hour into it. It does show, however, the obstacles a little girl had to overcome, but I really thought there was no point to the movie. There are a few usages of language, the girl's hands get bloody a few time- which may be scary for young viewers- and kids call one guy "gay" (more like imply since they don't go out and say gay). That's about it.

Really, really weird.... it had no point, but it was fun... in a weird way, I guess. The bloody thing was disturbing.

Magical World of Fantasy

Phoebe in Wonderland is the movie you'll defintely not hate. With a good all-star cast and good models. Next to the fantasy Alice in Wonderland.

Think before letting your nine or ten year old watch it

I saw this with my mom, and then saw it with my then-nine year old sister. I think it upset her, but she did watch it with me three more times. Language use is normal for a PG-13 movie. The story's theme was mature. I enjoyed it, but it depends on what you like to watch.

Perfect

Great movie. Not inapropriate for small kids but they may not understnad what is going on.