Kid reviews for Poseidon

Graphic disaster flick. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Interesting and intense, but basically the exact same movie as the original with worse acting. Good for kids 12+
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2016

Apart from the fact that it is horrible cruise ship disaster, I think it has good messages.

When I this movie came on TV my mum had fallen asleep next to me and my dad was in another room. I watched the start of it by myself but then I watched the rest of it with my mum and dad. I think it is okay for kids that are mature enough to look away when they don't like something or when they are scared. I looked away at a few parts like when there was fire billowing down a corridor and in kitchens. Then the next day me my mum and my dad all watched it together from the start. I got a little nervous at some parts like when (possible spoiler) one of the youngest survivors gets trapped in a small room filling with water. But he is okay. if I remember correctly, one scene there is a man about to jump off the boat to commit suicide, but then he notices the giant wave. I think that scene might be sad for some people. Lots of scenes have dead body's in them, like one scene has the tipped over boat and body's floating around. Some people from the main group of survivors are killed throughout the movie. There are many intense scenes like when they have to cross hand-made bridges above a very high height. This movie has great messages like teamwork and any others. I think it is a great movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byskater_gurl April 9, 2008

One of the best movies I saw this year!

I absolutely loved this movie, and I think it is a must-see for everyone ages 12 and up. I liked it because it had an amazing display of courageous characters and The sequence of events just kept me in suspense! I even had my eyes covered for a little!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 8, 2011

Bad remake of classic disaster film. The moral: do not remake disaster movies.

My rating: PG-13 for intense disaster sequences throughout, alcohol use and some language.

Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2009

good

I thought this movie was good, I'd see it again. I'd say that you should know your kid before letting them see this. It's got a lot of dead bodies, explosions, and other images that might be frightening. The people who are main characters who die are sweet innocent people who don't deserve to die but one dies to save others, one dies because if he didn't two people (including himself) would've died. (that death was not voluntary). One death I don't totally understand why they had to die but I might be missing something. Another death of a very minor (and drunk) character is being very obnoxious and makes a choice that especially in his drunken state is very stupid. I'd say the end is happy (relatively) but the overall movie is sad and often visually disturbing. (bodies are burnt, bloody, jammed under things) KNOW YOUR KID
Teen, 14 years old Written bydavstern1500 October 11, 2011

Great disaster flick

Intense prolonged sequences of disaster and peril. Dead bodies, bloody. Two disturbing scenes: a man falling down a shaft, getting pierced by spikes. A woman hits her head underwater, drawing blood. For more information, contact me on YouTube - davstern1500
Teen, 16 years old Written byEmmeline July 2, 2010
This one was pretty good; I'd watch it again. There's quite a lot of carnage and some swearing. At a dance, a few characters are grinding. Amid all this, there are some good, unselfish role models. Positive family relationships are touched on, and (spoiler alert) a man dies to save his daughter's boyfriend, who is soon to marry her. Overall, I liked Poseidon, but I'm a little biased because my favourite celebrity was part of the cast.

Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

Borrow or not borrow

One of the Poseidon film borrows a ship, what is the ship's name? Queen Mary 2! A Cunard Liner! If I am Peter Shanks, the president of Cunard, I WILL NOT BORROW TO THE FILMMAKER!

Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2012

Intense but good

It gets quite intense with suspense when they try to escape the ship, But really in overall good movie.

Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2011

An okay movie might appeal to older teens and adults.

This is not one of my favorite movies, but it's okay, I guess. There are some things you should watch out for. There is a lot of violence in this movie. You see the ship getting hit by a rouge wave causing passengers to get hurt or even die. In some scenes you see dead people on the floor. There are also brief sequences where the crew is floating underwater...DEAD! There is also some very iffy language. There is some drinking and smoking too. There is a gay character and some talk about sex and sleeping with someone. This movie would appeal more to older teens and adults.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDKRUMBLE725 April 5, 2009

Poseidon takes a plunge deeper than original

This movie was okay. The interpretation of the original was not very good. It isn't great for younger kids because of some of the peril and bloodier gruesome scenes. Think twice before letting a small child see this movie. I personally (being 14) thought it was pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2008

Boring

The Movie was okay but not as good as the original plus it was too short 98 mins come on.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Horrific and Stale

I was shocked at how horrific this movie was. Dead bodies left and right. We watch a kind father and a sweet young woman drown, a little kid almost drown,and a man falling down several stories into a firey hell. Combine that with waaay fake explosions and an unimpressive ending. Why wasdte the time ot money.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLuvEwan4Ever! April 9, 2008

omgosh i luved this movie to bits!

this movie is so awesome. i know lots of people dont think its that good but i watched it twice in a row i liked it that much. (altho i do hav some strange fasination with the ocean and big ships) i cant say i took much notice of the violence as usual so i would have thought ages 9/10 or 11 up. if u luv the ocean and big sinking ship then this movie is 4 u. its hardcore
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2011
I like it because some kids likestuff that are impacts but only 10+ should watch it because there is some bad language and if younger kids see it they might say it and not know better and might say it fir the rest if their lives so they might get a bad education

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2019

no scary at all

IT WAS SO GOOD its not scary at all i watched it with my BABY sister and was she scared? less than me. she didnt even flinch, and lemmee just tell yall, she knew what was happening CAUSE i explained everythin to her as we watched the movie. we watched it on new years eve which is perfect cause it happens on new years eve! wayyyyyyyy better that the titanic fyi

Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2019

Sad Movie, Lots of Death

I thought this movie was amazing, though terribly sad. A tsunami overturns a cruise ship on New Year's Day, and a group of passengers band together to escape through the propeller hole of the boat. You see many people fall to their deaths, drown, or be burned to death. Bodies are bloodied with terrified looks on their faces. Intense peril, and characters come close to death many times with wounds all over. Out of the main characters, 4 people die. One man falls down an elevator shaft, pierced by pieces of metal at the bottom before being crushed by the falling elevator. Another man nicknamed Lucky Larry is crushed by some large chunk of metal that fell from the ballroom. One of the most scared of the group of survivors, a stowaway named Elena, is caught on a wire while swimming through a vent. As she frantically tries to untangle herself, she hits her head on metal and falls unconscious. Within seconds, she drowns. In the end, a father must sacrifice his life to save the rest of the group: he swims down to the control room to turn off the propellers and ends up drowning in a terrifying scene. A little swearing, but not much. Good for kids who are used to scary movies. Heartbreaking in many ways.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlternative4ever April 9, 2008