All parent member reviews for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylinkking February 28, 2011
Thanks Violence, however, is prevalent throughout the movie, with the protagonist constantly on the run, being chased, and having to dodge arrows, blades, flames, and snakes. Despite the amount of violence, it's still not as gory or bloody as comparable movies. Ultimately, the message of familydrilling rigs
Parent Written byfcparent March 18, 2012

Great adventure for middle school kids

Good fantasy adventure with themes of loyalty, betrayal, honor, family, and romance. What's not to like? Ideal age range of 10-14. (but I have to admit, I liked it too :-)
Adult Written byheidi_armster July 6, 2011

Over the top gory

I think Common Sense let us down on this one. The review seems to indicate that the violence is not more than comparable movies.....but that is not clear enough and it is very, very gory. Not just action.
Adult Written bybdh June 25, 2011

pretty good movie that is fun

pretty good movie
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants March 23, 2011

great vidio game type action film is also very violent

Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byColetteMilliman March 4, 2011

Excellent

Excellent! Great messages & great action with no sexual content for my year old.
Parent Written byjoepemberton November 13, 2010
Adult Written bydepewcampbell November 9, 2010

Kids will love the fighting, not to graphic, even a little safe. Good message.

If your kid is into action then this is the movie for them. The action isn't gory, nasty, or horrid. Mild in today's Hollywood. The message is pretty good, saying family and brothers are important. Characters can travel back in time to fix mistakes, which may seem like cheating, but it serves as a child safe way to learn from your mistakes. Most movies teach that lesson by killing someone. In the end, after a huge time rewind, everyone is back alive and the bad guy is stopped. Happy ending, and perfect for everyone.
Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010

Better if you've played the game.

If you've played the game, you will love the movie. If you haven't, you might be confused at parts, but it's still action packed and entertaining. Nothing really offensive; if your kid likes Indiana Jones, he will like this one.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Boring, generic action film delivers no new material

Those looking for a great action adventure must look elsewhere. This is just one long, boring, and repetitive adventure along the lines of One Million B.C. (one of the most boring movies of all time). The only reason I give this movie two stars is due to some impressive set pieces. Jake Gyllenhall isn't bad in this role, but he was wasted. Too bad. Parents: This is a violent and scary fantasy adventure. Your kids may get scared by this movie. Bottom Line: It had potential, but, in the end, after you've most likely fast forwarded just to see how it ends, you will be disappointed you spent the money. And if you got it for free, you'll be disappointed that you lost the time. oh well. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, and 14 year old Written byjdrbug September 17, 2010

Refreshingly clean

I have a weakness for action movies, but refuse to let my kids watch them when profanity and vulgarity abound. This movie was so clean, both in the language and sex departments that we have seen it several times to fulfill my adventure bent. I watched it without the kids first and noticed a couple scenes with blood. When I took the kids I distracted the two that I thought would be sensitive to the scenes for the brief critical moments and was able to enjoy a great time with the oldest four (8-14).
Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 16, 2010
based on the popular video game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a OK movie that will surely entertain your young teens but parents the only issued you need to worry about is the intense violence in this movie such as swords, and arrows being used there is a positive messages in this film it's about the bonds of brotherhood and family should be stronger than greed, competition, envy.
Adult Written bybandapanda September 2, 2010

Good for tweens

It was a really good movie. It was definitely geared toward an older crowd. There was a reasonable amount of violence through out the movie, but it was not excessive.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byGambleFam August 21, 2010

Good, but long...

Good movie, a once watch kind. Was long at times. Action was good but the knife and sword fights can be a bit much for younger eyes.
Parent of a 10, 13, and 15 year old Written bydrichards July 19, 2010

A fantastic tale for every member of the family!

Unfortunately it didn't do well in the box office, but this show was not only very clean, but very exciting for my whole family and taught some amazingly memorable lessons. My favorite is that of trust and the value of it with family and friends. Honesty and other good moral values are all displayed by the two leads, who are always in pursuit of the greater good in spite of a strong mistrust in the beginning. My daughter especially loved the strength and courage displayed by the princess, and my family in general loved the prince's demeanor, honor, and courage as well. Great role models, great ending, and a wonderfully colorful action adventure - don't miss it!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byFisherFamily July 4, 2010

Fun and clean entertainment

Parent of a 6, 11, 15, and 17 year old Written bychrissyridergirl June 29, 2010

Excellent movie for teens and up!

Really really enjoyed this movie. More of a teen/pre teen movie though than for kids, although it really doesn't have any 'bad' parts in it at all. It is just a more mature type movie.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byhhunting June 28, 2010

Surprised it was PG-13...fine for younger if they don't fear snakes.

I took both of my kids (9 & 13) to this after reading all the reviews from other parents. We all enjoyed the movie. Yes, it has violence, but no blood and while people die it is all story-related. There was no bad language, and no skin -- the only love interest has nothing beyond a chaste kiss. I truly can't figure why it was PG-13 at all...I had no problem advising my friends that it was fine for their kids too, and I'm the kind of parent who does NOT let her kids watch questionable movies. One thing though...if your kids are afraid of snakes, you may want to stay away or be prepared with a hand over eyes. There are several scenes where a snake is used as a tool for fear and one where snakes attack a camp of sleeping people.
Adult Written byjneeb9 June 17, 2010
Parent of a 3, 3, and 10 year old Written bylilend1 June 16, 2010
My 10 year-old and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Most of the violence wasn't too bad, and definitely not graphic, and there was nothing else objectionable.