All parent member reviews for Remember Me

Adult Written bywonder dove May 11, 2013

Blah....

Sorry, but I didn't like this movie much at all. It's very depressing and the characters are very unlikable. I don't like Robert Pattinson movies but mainly watched for Emilie de Raven, who was also disappointing from the very beginning. Really blah character. The dude who played Robert's best friend was utterly annoying and selfish. The love between the two didn't feel real at all, it was bland and boring, it lacked intimacy and forgiveness. Emilie's character was dry and uneven. There is also no good messages I can think of, only negative. Violence - way too much to list including child bullying. Sexual content is very frequent including discussions. Language is bad for a PG-13 (some 'f" words throughout!) Lots of drinking, a girl gets dead-drunk and spends the night puking. Lots of smoking. Teens may enjoy because of Robert (Twilight star). Certainly not for kids. 15+ viewers seems fair.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 July 7, 2010

NOT for kids but for older teens and adults this movie is surprisingly GOOD!

There is some violence, sex scenes, language, adult situations dealing with muder, death and suicide. It's a dark movie and something you may want to watch with a box of tissue. Although I don't recommend this movie for kids especially those younger than 15 or 16, this movie was a shockingly amazing movie and I am shocked there isn't more buzz about it. Without giving anything away (because if I tell anything it will ruin the effect the movie intends to have), I want to tell people that they really need to watch this movie because once you get to the end you will no longer be the normally detached movie watcher that we all are. You will (in a split second) find that this movie becomes personal and hits close to home. I promise you, you will not expect where this movie takes you.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byfacebookruler1219 July 3, 2010

A mothers reveiew on Remember Me

well this movie is a great movie its a little sad and Rob has some anger problems but i loved the movie.My little nine yeaar old girl Jenna loved it also i felt she was a little to young to be waching it.My oldest son Jordan didnt like it at first he new somthing bad always happens in a good movie anyway the movie was very good for twelve years old but not so good for nine years olds.
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

One of the best movies I have ever seen. HANDS DOWN!

I love this movie with all of my heart. For so many reasons, the message is wretchedly beautiful, it is acted to PERFECTION, seriously great acting by Pierce Brosnan and Robert Pattinson especially. The young girl is good too. The screenplay is excellent, the director made a movie that slowly unraveled itself without being torturous, we were in awe of how good it was the whole time. What a great UNIQUE, REFRESHING story coming out of Hollywood, my fav movie of the year, should win an OSCAR!! I dont think it appropriate for children until they are old enough to understand the depth of the emotion in this film and can see 2 people in bed together and a light love scene...but the story itself is what you need to mature enough to understand, This will always be a fav movie of mine, Robert Pattinson fan or not, you should NOT miss this movie...
Parent of a 4, 7, and 10 year old Written byJKOVACHSWIFEY March 17, 2010

ROBERT PATTINSON HHAATTEERR!!!!!!!

I loved it! I think that u r a Robert Pattinson hater, GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!! every movie that he plays in u give a less than deserved review, and he doesnt deserve it, and neither do his performances!! I guess we are all entitled to our opinions, I just hope that NO parents let their child miss one of these movies because of your opinion, let them see for theirselves.
Adult Written byFemiluv March 16, 2010

Some scenes with violence, sex scenes and some obscene language, but I loved it. Had a positive message to it. Superb acting from all of them. It was great to see RP doing something different, boy is he hot, and he can ACT!!!
Adult Written byisalau March 12, 2010

Strong performances with the heavy material. Not for young people.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjosh123456789 March 9, 2010

I really don't think it is good
Parent Written bymoviecritic1 April 28, 2012

excellent movie for maturing kids and up

While watching the movie, I felt there was no real plot in the making. But of course it did come together in the end. There's a lot of bad language and a few sex scenes (not to the point of being R-rated) and the main character, Tyler, is a smoker and a drinker. Though a person must look past that to see the real message. Life is this amazing gift and people often forget that. They live life just because and it is not until something dramatic happens (like a death) that they realize that everyone needs to live life as if tomorrow were not to come. This movie, based on the surface details, looks as though it should not be for kids, but its one of the most truthful movies I've seen in a while. Kids shouldn't just believe that life is fully of happy endings and things given to them, and I feel that if they watch this movie, they will understand a little bit more about the real world.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 29, 2010

remember me is a drama movie that deals with heavy themes and is recommended only for your older teens the movie does have a lot violence there are several sex scenes but no nudity shown there's a lot of strong language used for a PG-13 movie also there's a lot drinking and smoking the movie has a good message though it's about love and forgiveness.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bysei6grande March 12, 2010

Good movie, but some sad scenes.

This movie has some iffy love scenes. Also, a straight-out murder, and an implied murder with some violence added in between. It was a pretty good move though. This features Robert Patterson (as seen in Twilight) as a 21-year-old man that had a sad death in his life and chooses drinking and smoking to cope with it. Parents should go see this movie with their children if they are younger than 14.
Adult Written bysuefromnc March 12, 2010

Great Movie and Great Message... Some scenes too much for Tweens though..

I absolutely LOVED this movie and the message it is sending about living life to the fullest and appreciating what we have! Robert Pattinson was incredible (not that I had any doubts he wouldn't be). Emilee is really good too. I would love to take my 13 year old to this movie, however the love scenes are little too much for her age. We Twi-Moms finally get to see him in a whole new light! He is beautiful as always!!