Kid reviews for Resident Evil

An ultra-gory video game-to-movie disappointment.

Teen, 16 years old Written by_aconite_cj_ March 23, 2020

Only my opinion

Um... IDK but I used to watch Resident Evil from 10 years of age and when I saw my Mom what I was watching she fell in love with it. Maybe it was one of the best or good scenes. IDK. It totally depends on the taking capacity of the person. If the person is 18 years or older and still couldn't stand violence then I wouldn't recommend it to them either. Sure, Resident Evil contains a brief sex scene and nudity but that was only to lure more people to understand the deep meaning of the RE movies. The next movies however, doesn't contain sex scenes and just a bit of nudity. And as for swearing and drinking I'd say about average. I wrote this whole paragraph just because I love Resident Evil so much and Milla Jovovich's acting there is extraordinary. She is an extraordinary actress though. But my advice for always will be to watch any movie before showing it to your teen or kid or child because even some 18+ movies are known to have less or no sex scenes and beautiful or amazing messages and role models. Stay cool.
PS: I added Too Much Violence because RE is all about surviving in a zombie world. You get it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMRIANLAND July 3, 2019

Amazing, but not like the game

Teen, 14 years old Written byGamersnews32 June 24, 2019

Good movie, Hella scary music

Resident Evil the movie didn't disappoint (for me at least). The movie is based on the game that varies a lot. Violence and scary imagery is present. Humans and tons of zombies get killed. Humans get decapitation, dismemberment, Lazerd in pieces, sliced in half. Zombies get shot, stabbed, decapitated, dismembered, sliced. Tons of blood and gore is present, gore stains on everything. Language is strong and occassional; f#!k, motherf#!ker, $h!t. Sexuality isn't graphic, though partial nudity is present.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBps 20999 October 19, 2018
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotallyTylia October 9, 2017

Awesomeeee

I'm only familiar with the movies, but me and my mom love watching these together (Its kind of our way of bonding) It is very graphic, several swear words, and female characters are dressed kind of...ya know

Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2017

Really CSM?

This movie is NOT a disappointment. It is a very good, albeit violent movie based off of the resident evil video game franchise, so obviously it will be in appropriate for little kids, but I myself, was 10 when I saw it. I was kind of creeped out at some points, but it isn't the worst movie in the world. I think mature 11-12 year olds will be able to handle it if they are mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChloetreska March 16, 2017

Cool apocalypse movie

I say this movie is 18 and up because there's nudity in it
Teen, 15 years old Written byLilandy35 January 25, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeorgiPEEV October 24, 2016

Best zombie - apocalypse film ever.

I think the films are for 12+ I wasn`t really scared. Yes, it has bloody scenes and a little swearing, but the accent isn`t on both like other films /Wrong Turn/. I watches the series at the age of just 11 and accepted them as a normal action - horror movie. I watched them for a second time a few days ago and wasn`t scared at all. About the film - very interesting plot, very good effects, good acting - my favourite zombie horror film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification August 9, 2015

Strong language, sustained threat, occasional strong violence.

Resident Evil is a 2002 action horror about a deadly virus mutating humans into flesh-eating monsters. It has been classified '15' for strong language, sustained threat and occasional strong violence.

There are over 5 uses of strong language (f**k) as well as other milder language (s**t, b**ch).

There is strong threat from the beginning up to the end, as flesh-eating monsters capture and kill off characters, without strong detail.

Violence occurs in a martial-arts/slow-motion style, but is sometimes quite strong and often shown. However, the strongest violence contains clear fantastical elements and any clear injury detail is not present.

It also contains some moderate bloody horror and mild nudity.

Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2015

Not For kids.

Parents this movie is based on a very popular video game series that is Rated M. This movie is epic. It is very violent and gory. It also has lots of scary scenes and deaths. Basically everyone in the movie except the main character named Alice dies. The movie has one sexually scene with nude. They also swear a lot.

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2014

my opinion

I think its great movie but i when i started watching two movies Apocalypse and num 1 i could not sleep that night idk why mabye because of movie or something else.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight February 6, 2014

Ehh...

The violence wasn't all that gory for a zombie movie. Brief nudity and some bad words. Wasn't all that good of a movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 3, 2013

Resident evil is awesome

Great Campy Horror movie, that is not as gory as most horror movies. There is gore and people get eaten, but it is a pretty tame zombie movie. There is some language, but it isn't bad for an R rated movie. They do have sexual content which includes showing Alice's bare back as she kisses a man on a bed. In the beginning Alice puts on a robe and from an angle you can see nipple's and breast, but this is quick and non-sexual. Towards the end she wears this paper type cover and she falls and her pubic region is sort of visible in shadow, but it is shadowed so it isn't really visible. So there is nudity. I think a mature 12 can handle it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfilmfreak49 May 30, 2013

Enjoyable, not-to-great, popcorn action-horror flick

This movie is just a lot of fun. It may not be the best movie but it is very enjoyable. Me, as someone who has not played and is not planning on playing the video games, found it a fun action movie with zombies. If you have seen the walking dead, the gore and violence is not much worse. There are flashbacks of sex but they are blurred and its only from the shoulders up. The language is not too bad, it is not constant it is only occasional. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a fun horror-like action movie without much of a story that you can enjoy with friends.

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

Man, look at the rating. If you didn't want freaky, you shouldn't have watched it.

I don't get it, Common Sense Media. I adore this movie. Umbrella was the awesomest thing ever, and the zombies were, yes, terrifying. That's the point. It was realistic zombies (at least they'd look that way if they were real) and the gore was satisfying. The hybird thing at the end was a little freaky. The head sliding off is gross and a bit disturbing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle February 12, 2013

Great Movie!!!!!!!!

I loved this, especially because it has one thing I love, zombies. And it's cool how they have these like mutant creatures like silent hill. Fans of the game will enjoy this!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byi_am_me February 21, 2012

Good, yet not exactly lets watch with my baby

This movie was really good. Its positive message is that these characters help each other and also refuse to leave a person behind. Though for violence, there is a decapitation within the first 5 minutes. There isn't an overly amount of violence though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Great Zombie Thriller

I honestly didn't think the violence was that bad. The language is some I hear in schools every day. The main characters work together, and the lead was trying to bring down the corrupt corporation. Overall, this is a very good film. Milla Jovovich (Alice) and Michelle Rodriguez (Rain) are great in this movie, as well as Eric Mabius (Matt), James Purefoy (Spence), and Martin Crewes (Chad Kaplan). Great cast, great acting, great movie.

Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2011

great movie but APOCALYPSE will be better hopefully

I saw this movie today it was great but hopefully the next one will be better