Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Riddick's violence. Is it necessary to the story? Is it scary or thrilling? How does its impact compare to that of more realistic violence you've seen in other movies?
- What did you think of the movie's sexual content? Why do you think filmmakers chose to include more of that in this movie than they did in the previous installments?
- Is the movie scary? Is that because of sudden shocks or because of long, drawn-out suspense? Are the monsters scary?
- What's so interesting about Riddick, even though he's such a bad guy? Can he be considered a role model?
- In theaters: September 6, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: January 14, 2014
- Cast: Jordi Molla, Katee Sackhoff, Matt Nable, Vin Diesel
- Director: David Twohy
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- Genre: Science Fiction
- Topics: Space and Aliens
- Run time: 119 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: strong violence, language and some sexual content/nudity
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love sci-fi and action
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.