Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about R.I.P.D.'s cartoonish violence. Was it scary or exciting? Does any of it seem real?
- Is the movie scary? How does it see the monsters in this movie? Are they funny, or sad?
- Did you notice any stereotypes in the movie? How do you feel about the movie's portrayal of women, Chinese men, etc.?
- Does the idea of a dead main character make the movie seem depressing? How does such a light movie handle such a dark idea?
- In theaters: July 19, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: October 29, 2013
- Cast: Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon, Ryan Reynolds
- Director: Robert Schwentke
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- Genre: Science Fiction
- Topics: Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- Run time: 96 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: violence, sci-fi/fantasy action, some sensuality, and language including sex references
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love action and comedy
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.