All parent member reviews for R.I.P.D.

Parent Written byDan G. August 16, 2013

Only mildly entertaining, but also very violent and bad language

Only mildly entertaining for adults, and significant objectionable material for children. A lot of violence, some of it bloody, adult humor, nudity, profanity, crude language, and obscene gestures preclude all but the most mature adolescents. There is also the minor issue of an unrealistic presentation of the after-life
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTimidWildOne July 28, 2013

Silly oddball movie

I saw this with my 9 year old (almost 10), The worst thing that it had was the beginning the couple rolling around in bed kissing and the girl was in her panties. A little violent, but not gory, more cartoonish. Definitely has language but no F bombs so I was alright with it. He liked the movie and was laughing and giggling at the banana :) I read some review that it was men in black-esque and that is spot on. Definitely good for a mature kid under 13
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg September 1, 2013

the plot was boring and pointless

dissapointing. the plot was boring and unrealistic and the whole movie was a total letdown. the only thing i enjoyed was the love of the 2 married couples because it was very heartfelt. there was a make-out scene and some bad words. there was also some attempted humor that wasn't funny.
Parent Written bypwallace25 July 30, 2013

Very dissappointing! I won't trust Comon Sense Media anymore.

Too crude! Not for 13's! Teenage boys will like this. Not at all Men In Black!
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great July 19, 2013

11+

I recently took my son to see R.I.P.D because he really wanted to. I came in expecting lots of violence but i was wrong. The film is COMPLETELY bloodless. There are a few s*** but not to many. There are a few sexual references that kids probably won't get. Younger kids (7/8) might be a bit scared but it isn't that bad. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the film though. But anyway I think its appropriate for kids 11+