Kid reviews for Roma

Roma Poster Image

One of the best movies this year!

Since I am 11, at first it was difficult to convince my dad to let me watch it. But at the end, we both watched it and didn’t regret it. This movie is fantastic and different from any other movie that I’ve watched. And I enjoyed it specially because I’m Mexican and this movie was set in 1970 - 1971 in Mexico. However, no matter how good it is i wouldn’t let kids under 11 watch it, but it also depends on how mature your child is. There is some strong and harsh language. There is nudity which I can’t describe because I closed my eyes. And there is a lot of violence in different scenarios. So, I wouldn’t let anyone watch it, first you have to find out how mature they are and how much they can handle. P.S. it is also very sad.
1 person found this helpful.

Great movie

I watched this movie a while ago, and it's a really nice movie. About the contents of it, there is a pretty long scene showing a guy naked and there is also some violence.

Fabulous movie

Has WONDERFUL cinematography and great emotion. Younger kids will get bored easily because there are many long shots, but those shots represent repetition in ones life. Has suspense, beauty, and meaning. One of my favorite movies

Overrated, Slow International Indie Is Fine

Capturing the life of a Mexican maid impregnated by a violent martial arts master, this Netflix original mixes elements of realism with the family dramatic styling of Juno and Boyhood. Like two different movies, Roma begins with an hourlong plotless, dull exposition, but concludes with an hour of heart wrenching perspective. Uniquely simple though not original.

BlackWolf’s One Sentence Reviews

Visually stunning and with an impactful story, Roma displays Alfonso Cuarón’s storytelling talent at its best.

Disappointing

This movie may have amazing cinematography, but is that really what makes a movie? There were plenty of long photography shots that I think are boring for all ages when your trying to watch a movie. And the story? Almost non-existant. I got slightly interested in the last half hour of a two hour and 15 minute movie. It's a waste of your time and I would recommend not watching it. Also, there was a pretty long, intense full nudity scene so if you think that would make you uncomfortable, don't watch. There is also a lot of gun violence shown and a little bit of medical drama (if that stuff makes you uncomfortable). Overall, it's a great movie, cinematographically, but is that really what a movie is about? A movie is a story and there was none. This movie was VERY disappointing.

Perfect and integrated!

This movie is perect! Seriously everything in the movie was just perfect and amazing! I didn’t find any mistakes or flaws in the film that makes it take less than the full mark

Phenomenal

My favourite movie of 2018 and one of the best films of the 2010’s. This movie has a prolonged sequence of full-frontal male nudity (non-sexual). It also has some emotionally heavy and distressing sequences that will likely disturb younger viewers. The story is powerful, the performances were raw and realistic, and the cinematography is some next-level stuff. Would highly recommend! This is a fantastic movie that parents should preview and research before their kids watch it, because it’s graphic (but it’s all in context of the time period and story). An incredibly astonishing film that had me riveted from scene one. Check it out.