Kid reviews for Sing 2

Star-filled sequel has nonstop tunes, mild violence.

Teen, 16 years old Written by_IAmMrMuffinMan_ December 20, 2021

Did they really need one more of these?

Obviously, this is a kids movie. I often find myself automatically averted to kids content, hating it because of the lack of plot, weak attempts at humor, cringe content, etc. I tried to be as unbaised as possible watching this. THe first one was bad enough. This one literally makes no sense. The plot is all over the place, somehow, the jokes got even worse, and it's incorperating politcs into a kids movie. It really didn't need to be done. As for parent concers, there is nothing in this movie you should be worried about. It's just bad.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJesusLover100000 January 2, 2022

Read Please!!!

Ok to start off, this one was so much better than the first.

Positive Messages:
So they work together a lot, but there is some things that I really wouldn't consider a good message for little kids. (Listen below)

Violence:
The 'bad guy' picks up Moon and tries to throw him off of 2 high surfaces, clearly intending to kill him, but Moon gets saved both times. The fighting planet, isn't so bad, because the part where they fight is a dance battle.

Swearing:
No 'real' swearing, just uses of the words: idiot, stupid, and at one point, an over dramatic wolf tells Moon and his friends to 'got to heck'. She didn't use the real word, but if I had kids I wouldn't want them to repeat that.

The elephant and gorilla are both pushed into doing something they don't necessarily want to do. The elephant has to dance and kiss a random guy, but during the live performance, she imagines she's dancing with a guy she likes. As for the gorilla, he has to learn to dance from a very mean instructor who does not like him, and it gets to the point, where he has to leave the studio out of frustration.

All in all, I'd say this movie would be fine for a 4 year old that will listen to you when you tell them not to repeat something.
Hope this helped!

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheaterGirl102945 December 29, 2021

It was alright….

There were some very good redeeming parts and the movie overall was fine. I really enjoyed the soundtrack and there were some very funny parts. But there were definitely some parts where I was left having second hand embarrassment for an animated gorilla. Yeah it was that bad.
As for language, violence etc.
one of the characters says
“Then you and all your friends can go to Heck!”
I honestly thought they were going to say it but it turned out fine
And Buster runs from some goons who are trying to kill him. And the bad guy dangles him over a ledge with the intentions of dropping him, then locks him in a closet and tells him that he will be back to finish the job. Which kinda surprised me, but it’s nothing older kids can’t handle

I’m also kinda over people trying to push some political issues in children's movies but that’s just me.

The movie was cute, not my favorite, but still pretty good. would recommend for younger kids and families.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDa real deal January 1, 2022

We’re they drunk making this?

Yeah this movie sucks. They literally didn’t need another one, the first was bad enough. Did they drink too much making this or just intentionally didn’t put in any effort cause they knew the audience was likely to be 2 year olds. It killed my braincells. Maybe next time they won’t blow the funds at the box office on booze.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycreativellama December 28, 2021

10/10

Johnny singing ‘sky full of stars’ just melted my heart with the help from nooshy

Teen, 14 years old Written byxyy December 23, 2021

Cringiest movie ever

Bad
Teen, 15 years old Written bytimmyterp December 22, 2021

Teen, 14 years old Written byCastaway64 December 21, 2021

Better than the first!

For musical fans, this movie had much better tunes than the first. I personally prefer this one to the last as the characters have a more complicated story.
I think that kids 5+ will understand and like it a little, but kids 8+ will understand the bigger picture.
There are stronger messages than the original and I feel as if it is more focused on the mindset of teens and young adults.

Kid, 9 years old January 19, 2022

Great but some things for sensitive kids

Sing 2 is a great movie. It is pretty appropriate but there is some very mild violence. Mr. Crystal, (the antagonist) does try and kill Mr. Moon ( the protagonist) but since they are all talking animals and it is animated it isn’t that scary or disturbing. Other than that a absolutely fantastic movie. Just be careful around young, sensitive kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDisney- January 18, 2022

All about gambling, they get chased by loan sharks

GET IT! LOAN SHARKS!?!?!?! CAUSE ITS ABOUT ANIMALS!!!!!!!!

- Ight imma head out
Teen, 16 years old Written byDinosaurReviews January 18, 2022

SING 2 IS A MASTERPIECE

so deep and beautiful and brought me to tears. the inappropriate scenes were not fit for my younger brother but overall i was brought to every emotion under the sun. a cinematic experience.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAJB123 January 16, 2022

LOVED THIS!!

This movie was so good!! I am a teen and I still really enjoyed this movie, my family and I laughed so hard at so many different points in the movie and even though the plot was very juvenile it was still funny for an older group. This is one of my favorite movies because of the animation, singing and star-studded cast 100/10 would recommend!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGusAllen9 January 16, 2022
Teen, 15 years old Written byGaemi January 16, 2022

Great movie, a bit of violence for younger ages.

The movie is really good in my opinion, no inappropriate language. The movie is really funny and includes many songs. There are some scenes were there are characters experiencing almost death, BUT they are always saved to make the movie kid friendly of course. There is a little bit of fighting that lasts for like 15 seconds but otherwise it’s really good. The movie in my opinion inspires others who wanna become and actress, popstar, or even someone who creates plays or dramas.

Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2022

watch this

It's better than the first
Teen, 14 years old Written byelewis0605.com January 12, 2022

Was Not As Expected!

That Was Definitely A PG Movie And The Scene Where A character threatens to throw someone off a roof Should Have Bumped It Up To PG-13!
Other Issues Include 1 Use Of Each Bitch, Shit, And Damn In A Scene Where The Song I Like It By Cardi B Is Being Played And Danced To And 1 Use Of Ass In A Scene Where The Song Sueltate By Sam I Is Being Played And Danced To, And 1 Use Of Slut In A Scene Right Towards The End When The Show Out Of This World Is Finally Being Staged And Mr. Crystal Says To Buster Moon You Little Slut (Sure All Of It With The Exception Of Damn Was Bleeped Out But Everyone In Our Theatre Still Understood What Was Happening!)
Definitely Do NOT Let Anyone Under 13 Watch It!
And Take Wary Precautions If You Let Teenagers Watch It While They’re Still Under 18!

Teen, 17 years old Written byAll_I_ do_is_wa... January 12, 2022

Eh...

It's good but not better then the first one. It had just one creepy scene that scared my little sister a little bit but it was a couple of seconds and she just got creep out and is fine but this movie felt like they were just advertising some people's music and I don't know but kids love it I guess.
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2022

Bleh

Just boring, the trailer is super misleading. The plot was worse than the first one (way better) and I started loosing attention is the first 30 minutes. I wanted to think the show at the end was gonna be good, but it was disappointing. Don’t waste your money on this movie-
Teen, 14 years old Written byDogGodess January 9, 2022

Not as bad as I expected

Gotta be honest, the trailer made it look really crappy. But the movie was decent! The same formula was used(preparing for a big show with big stakes) but the plot was different enough for it to be interesting! The addition of new characters was fun! It got a little dry at times but overall I liked it! Enough to watch it over maybe once or twice :)
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2022