Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sing 2 Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 76 kid reviews

Sort by:

Absolutely garbage just rewatch the first instead

I did not like this as much as the first one it’s pretty funny but just had to much random plot points Now for the alarming stuff less kid friendly than the first there is death threats koala is held over a 20 story building and a guy crashes someone’s car characters may say stupid idiot and jerk I think it was a little to violent for a movie aimed at really young audiences I say 6+
4 people found this helpful.

Great Family Movie!

I thought the movie was funny and inspiring. They worked hard together to achieve a goal and it inspired me. Definitely recommend watching Sing 1 before you watch this though, as that will help you learn about the characters before diving into this movie.

2 people found this helpful.

Loved it!!! Perfect for any age!

First you have to watch Sing, and then watch Sing 2. Normally in my opinion the sequels are always a bit extra and way to much going on, but this movie actually made sense. It went along with the first movie and I loved all of the songs. The soundtrack was incredible, and the vibes of this movie were amazing. You have to watch it, it was sooooo good!!! As a 13 yo, I love movies for younger kids because I find them really cute, and this one was the definition of adorable! 😍

2 people found this helpful.

Did they really need one more of these?

Obviously, this is a kids movie. I often find myself automatically averted to kids content, hating it because of the lack of plot, weak attempts at humor, cringe content, etc. I tried to be as unbaised as possible watching this. THe first one was bad enough. This one literally makes no sense. The plot is all over the place, somehow, the jokes got even worse, and it's incorperating politcs into a kids movie. It really didn't need to be done. As for parent concers, there is nothing in this movie you should be worried about. It's just bad.

2 people found this helpful.

Good movie in general. Only bad thing is Moon broke a lot of laws.

In my honest opinion, the movie was good. It had great animation, great voice acting, great songs, and okay story. I enjoyed almost every character, even Jimmy Crystal, good villain up to Vector. But the character Moon was something. It’s not a huge problem, but Moon’s character broke WAY to many laws. He held on to a cab on a bike in a busy road, he broke in to an office without permission, he broke into an audition without permission, he held a stage performance without permission, and literally went on Clay Calloway’s private property. Overall, this is a good movie.

1 person found this helpful.

OK movie for younger kids. Won't watch it again

Sing 2 is a fun, musical, family-friendly film. But to older audiences, it can be quite boring. Though appropriate for all ages some ages will enjoy it more. I think ten and under will find it more entertaining than older kids. The movie can be very unrealistic at times and silly. The violence in it can be scarier at younger ages—the wolf, who is the director, tries to murder Moon by dropping him off a balcony but fails to do so. Then in the end he does drop him off a ledge but he is saved by Rosita. There's also a warrior battle that gets aggressive towards the end. No blood or gore in any of it. There is one more part in the beginning that can be very disturbing (again to young kids). They're in the middle of singing a song in a play and then the stage goes black. Under their costumes, they have an effect where they all look like glowing skeletons in the blackout. This is for 3 to 5 seconds and the song continues joyously. Overall this isn't a terrible film but definitely won't watch it again. Thanks for reading my review! Hope it helped :))

It was bad

The best!

The best film that I've watched in ages!! Good plot, good role models, very funny, super kid friendly, awesome songs, i don't know how anyone could ever dislike this film!

Bleh

Just boring, the trailer is super misleading. The plot was worse than the first one (way better) and I started loosing attention is the first 30 minutes. I wanted to think the show at the end was gonna be good, but it was disappointing. Don’t waste your money on this movie-

Read Please!!!

Ok to start off, this one was so much better than the first. Positive Messages: So they work together a lot, but there is some things that I really wouldn't consider a good message for little kids. (Listen below) Violence: The 'bad guy' picks up Moon and tries to throw him off of 2 high surfaces, clearly intending to kill him, but Moon gets saved both times. The fighting planet, isn't so bad, because the part where they fight is a dance battle. Swearing: No 'real' swearing, just uses of the words: idiot, stupid, and at one point, an over dramatic wolf tells Moon and his friends to 'got to heck'. She didn't use the real word, but if I had kids I wouldn't want them to repeat that. The elephant and gorilla are both pushed into doing something they don't necessarily want to do. The elephant has to dance and kiss a random guy, but during the live performance, she imagines she's dancing with a guy she likes. As for the gorilla, he has to learn to dance from a very mean instructor who does not like him, and it gets to the point, where he has to leave the studio out of frustration. All in all, I'd say this movie would be fine for a 4 year old that will listen to you when you tell them not to repeat something. Hope this helped!