Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sort by:

Really...Love this movie..❤️

Want to keep watching

Awesome filled with love

Decent drama for the older crowd!

I believe this movie was almost called "Writers" but then changed to Stuck in Love. It was fairly good, with a few turn-offs, a few cliches. I thought it was going to be a sweet romantic drama but they had to throw in the cliche sexual content/graphic drug theme (of course!) Stuck in Love is about a family of writers, father William (Greg Kinnear) who's divorced to (but still loves) his ex-wife Erica (Jennifer Connelly), their daughter Samantha (Lily Collins) and son Rusty (Nat Wolff). Samantha has not talked to her mother in over a year due to blaming her for her parents' divorce. She's also about to publish her first book. William struggles to continue writing and often sleeps with a married neighbor Tricia (Kristen Bell) just because he can but shows no feelings for her as he's still deeply in love with Erica, he even sets out a plate for her at dinner. Samantha doesn't believe in love and strictly avoids those who are worthy, like a nice guy Lou (Logan Lerman) she meets at a bar who will stop at nothing to win her heart. However, her brother Rusty who's into Stephen King novels, falls in love for the first time with a cute but secretly troubled classmate Kate (Liana Liberato). In the end, it's a new beginning for all of them. There's probably something in this story that someone can relate to, or someone you know may be going through the same situation. It's fairly realistic but didn't get much emotion out of it. Language is strong with many f-bombs throughout (approx. 45-50), @sshole, b*tch, God@mn, d*ck. Violence has two men fighting where he pins him to the wall and twists his nose (crunch sound heard) indicating he broke it, he falls to the ground and is kicked. Two teens get beaten up with bloody faces. A punch to the face. Some arguments between characters. Sexual content includes a divorced man sleeps with his younger married neighbor, we see her bouncing on top of him, moaning but no nudity. Couples lay in bed together. A teen girl undresses but you only see her bra. Some kissing scenes throughout. A girl kisses a boy and goes into a closet. Lots of drug use, graphic pot use with a pipe used by a teen boy, a boy holds up a bag of weed at a party, a girl is shown snorting cocaine. There's smoking. 3.5 stars out of 5 if I could so I rounded it to 3/5! This is surely not recommended for teens under 17.