A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

Stuck in Love

Stuck in Love Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 9 kid reviews

Sort by:

Depends on maturity.

I found this movie in my reccomended section. Not because I normally watch movies like this but because this movie is mature, like the rest of the movies I watch. This movie is amazingly written. It has Drugs/Drinking Swearing and Sex. I will be blunt with you. There is a lot of drugs and drinking in this movie. Not gonna lie. The sex part? Well, there is a 20 second scene (tops), of a couple doing it. Nothing is shown, but you can tell there having sex. In the rest of the movie people kiss, and sometimes they lead into doing it but nothing is shown. I was 11 when I watched this, and knowing enough about it, I choose to watch it. I thought this was a beautiful movie.

Great movie for mature teens

I thought this was a great movie and if your kid is mature enough, let them watch it. The acting is spectacular and it has a great plot. The themes are a little mature and it includes sex, drugs, and swearing. There is no nudity and the sex scenes aren't explicit at all.

Probably One of My New Favorites

Hi. My name is Bella and I am 14 years old. I absolutely loved this movie and here's why: actually relatable characters. All of the characters have problems and issues, and they work through them in a way most people would. To be honest, I absolutely love the amount of humanity and passion that was put into this movie. And despite it getting a lower rating from other reviewers, I have to say that this gets 5 stars from me. I absolutely adored this movie, (being an avid writer myself) and I think everyone should watch it at some point in their lifetime. However, the age rating I gave this movie could be iffy for some people. I tend to be a more mature person and I can see that for more immature teens that this movie could be inappropriate. I personally loved the music as well. (It opened and closed with one of my favorite songs by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, "Home" and I was hooked XD)

Some things worth knowing

I didn't have much hope for this film but was pleasantly surprised. The cinematography was well done and the actors pulled their part off well. However you must be aware that this film is Not for everyone. There is quite a bit of swearing including f*ck and sh*t. Also drug and alcohol usage is a large factor of the story. Two characters are seen various times smoking marihuana and one teen is seen bringing a ziplock bag full of it to a party. There is also a short scene showing a young teen using cocaine. There are a few suggestions of sex and there is one scene that suggests that inter course is taking place with a female moving on a male and making "sexual" noises. No nudity whatsoever! The story however is sweet and gives a different and positive perspective on "no mater how long it takes, you will get a second chance". If you are thinking of watching this moving with a child/teen talk to them and make sure these are topics that they are ok with seeing.

Stuck in Love...with this movie!!

I absolutely love this movie! One if my favorites, I watched this when I was 12, and it's so spectacular! Definitely a must-watch. It has some language, drugs, and sex, but it has a good story.

Great movie, but adult content

I thought this movie was very good, but you have to be old enough to realize that these characters are flawed. There's quite a bit of kinky stuff (LOTS of language, sex, drug usage) but I found this movie to be really great otherwise, especially with suck a great cast.

Good Film but maybe not Interesting to Younger Viewers

I thought this was a really good movie about love and how life sometimes hurts but you have to put in work and open your heart to get over the hump. There is no sex actually shown but depending on your views about pre-marital sex, this movie could be inappropriate however, that is something shown on every other television show your teenager sees. One of the older characters is "f---k buddies" with a married woman but nothing is shown. One of the more minor characters has a drug problem that gets a little out of hand but eventually goes to a rehab - an anti-synthetic drug message. However, on of the main characters does smoke weed a few times. Again, your personal views of herbal drugs may make this inappropriate. The other characters who drink (beer or wine) explicitly are of age except when a teenager takes a quick swig of wine. Overall a really good movie. If you don't think your child is old enough to see it, don't hem and haw about; it probably wouldn't be that interesting to immature viewers especially younger boys as it is a little gushy and romantic.

Stuck in Love