All parent member reviews for The Grudge

Adult Written bypoiuytrewq April 9, 2008

pretty freaky depending on who you are. its always different for every person. for examplemy 8 yearold son watched this movie without a problem and yet my 32 year old friends watched it at the same time and they went through the roof at every scary scene. a good movie altogether.
Parent Written byJSchnier November 9, 2013

13+

Violence - 7.5 Sex - 3.5 Language - 1/10 Alcohol/Drugs - 2/10
Adult Written bywonder dove April 6, 2013

Uh, boring much?

I saw The Grudge when it first came out (I love Sarah Michelle Gellar) and somehow enjoyed it because I bought it shortly after. But watching it recently (nine years later) was an extreme bore fest and I couldn't understand how I even got through it before. There's hardly any talking and a lot of finding and discovering which made it super boring, no action what-so-ever, the "scary" scenes were funny and they went a little over the top with the grudge sounds they try to scare you with. Just bad, really dumb storyline. The ending was ridiculous. Just scenes of people fiddling around in the dark and then get killed one way or another, by the Grudge. Violence is gory, disturbing images and scenes of torture & suicide. Sexual content should not be 3 stars from CommonSense, there's basically nothing except an off-screen scene of a couple going to bed. Language is not very frequent, but a few curse words. Some smoking. I recommend The Grudge 2, if you want more of a scary story. This film is okay for 15+ crowd for gory violence!
Adult Written byNeonKennedy May 7, 2012

This Japanese based film has its moments. Scambled plot might become irritating.

The Grudge is a blend of Japanese and American cinema. Most of the thrills are interrupted but it still has its moments. The storyline/plot is scrambled and it requires the pieces to be put together.
Adult Written bySirenStar November 4, 2011

Too scary for even older teens

I saw this movie in the theaters when I was 16 with a friend. We sat through half of it before we were so freaked out we ran out of the theater. I slept with the light on for a week. I think what freaked me out was the fact there was no way to stop the ghost from killing you. I watched the whole thing when it came out on video with my older brother. He made funny commentary throughout the movie that helped me not to be so scared. Because of how scared I was when I saw it, and I was 16, I really don't think it's appropriate for 15 or younger.
Adult Written by22LowBrass December 4, 2010

Is not scary (1st and 2nd) however the 3rd one is just a little bit scary. This is the high end side of a J-Horror film. Dont watch this movie if you have not watched The Ring. Ju-On the grudge my be more scary then this film (The Japan version).
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycarter0617 November 4, 2010

what i say

super scary never bring kids under 16
Parent Written byPlague February 25, 2010

The Grudge

Not bad, but could be better. Not really scary, but there is some pop-ups.
Adult Written bymoviecritic100 January 15, 2009

For true ghost-story fans!

The Grude isn't for the immature type. Its a very serious film and has a very intense and dark tone. The flick will truely be appreciated if the viewer actually pays attention to the storyline. In the end, this is rewarding for fans looking for a gore free horror flick. Its smart and has the scream queen herself Sarah Michelle Gellar worth the watch for a few good jumps and a very well developed plot!
Adult Written byjdomke1 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymike600 April 9, 2008

Very amazingly great 11+

This movie kept me amazed from the beginning. Youre scared, laughing and wanting to go to the bathroom all at once. Go see it, it's amazing.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It is soooooooo scary!!

I just didn't like it, it was way too scary and creepy
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

one of the best horror flicks ever

this is a great movie if u wanna get freaked out at night with your friends go to blockbuster and rent it
Adult Written byscum1 April 9, 2008

Scary fun for 13 and up

First off this movie is scary. Not gory or extremely violent. I got creeped out watching it and decided it was not for my 11 year old daughter. I like to sleep at night and she would of been freaked out for weeks I'm sure. This type of movie is much better than slasher type or gore filled movies. My 18 year old daughter was evne freaked out for a few days after watching. All that said if you enjoy spooky movies without the gore go for it. Make sure you turn down the lights first before watching !
Adult Written bydudelydad2 April 9, 2008

great

this is a very spooky movie i like this movie because it was more scary than bloody and gory this was very intresting and had a good ending
Adult Written byChi to April 9, 2008

Wasn't worth my six dollars

This is a ridiculous movie, it wasn't worth my time or money. It's about as cool as your grandmother's driveway.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Really good!

If you want something truly scary and hair-raising, this is a great movie to rent! Not as scary as The Ring, but then again, that would be almost impossible!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Too Scary

It was a good movie but it was WAAAAAAAY too scary. It should be rated R. The jaw scene was just sickening and the whole movie was terrifing. I couldnt sleep.
Adult Written byfigglebob April 9, 2008

A Must See For All kids over 10!

This movie may be intense for a 9 year old, but really, it's about there retard ghost things that make clicking sounds and kill people.