Kid reviews for The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

Lego friends back for more adventure, action in fun sequel.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoel_5762 February 8, 2019

Everything is still awesome!!!- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part review

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is a really good and fun movie. It captures the charm of the first film and yet has a completely different vibe. It's animation is absolutely amazing and is so interesting to watch. From the opening battle (end of the first one) til the very end, it is intriguing, interesting and enjoyable with silly, childish humour. However, the villain's backstory can be confusing and a little dark for younger viewers. In conclusion, Lego Movie 2 is an amazing sequel to the first and a good family flick.

Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2019

The lego move 2 ;)

it was really awesome!

Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2019

Anyone could see it all age groups!!

Action one thing with rude humor not at all mature. Really fun but not as good as the first and oddly i kinda liked the singing? Maybe its because the singing was weird i dunno. Over all really good! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byelijah batz February 8, 2019

This film is definitely for kids which is why it's not as good as the first

So I just saw Lego Movie 2 and it was "JUST OK"! The film is just fluff which kind of sucks because the first film was so bold and creative. The film is just unnecessary; like a filler episode of an Anime. The movie has a handful of annoying musical numbers which kids from 6 on down will enjoy but everyone else will be cringing upon. The plot is just not impactful. I really think they just should have passed on making this one. Chris Miller and Phil Lord subverted our expectations with the first Lego Movie but this film just gave us fluff. This film was weak, fun, and cute entertainment like a Saturday morning cartoon. It's not going to be recognized as anything special and you and your kids will forget about it in the next week .

Teen, 16 years old Written byDecember. February 19, 2019

Great movie, can't compare to the first though

The Lego Movie 2 is a brilliant movie, I'd consider seeing it. WARNING - It is very long for some reason. As it is good, it still isn't AS good as The Lego Movie (the movie before). Cool movie though.

Teen, 17 years old Written bypuffyfreddy99 February 15, 2019

Lego Movie 2

The Lego Movie 2 was a great film brought to kids. Though it is meant for young kids, there are some adult jokes in there. The songs inside the movie are well made and are not just repeated copies of one song like other kids movies have. 4/5 overall rating.

Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2019

Fun. But not as good as the first

The first was way better. But this ones still fun

Teen, 14 years old Written byoriongray February 5, 2019

Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2019

Great ending!

I really enjoyed the first and i was so hyped for this one! I think they could have done better but it was entertaining. The ending to the series was good and i think it is great! But i wish they could have done better.

Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2019
This movie is great!
Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2019
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2019

good for older kids who grew up with the first one

i saw this on my 11th birthday, i enjoyed it, but there where a few things i did not like such as the songs in this one feeling really interrupting to the plot. Also i would not recommend it for younger kids (like ages 0-9) because they will not understand maturity (which is a topic covered in this movie alot)
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2019

My favorite movie

It’s a great family movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byLlamaToast February 23, 2019

Well anticipated sequel, did not disappoint

Great movie, little too much live action, promotes relationships between siblings and sharing toys

Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2019

fun

This film wasn't as good as it's predecessor. But that's not saying much. It was still a ton of fun though with some good songs (yes it's actually a musical) and good messages. There was some cartoon violence/action but it won't frighten most kids. Overall this was a fun entry into the L.M.U ( lego movie universe) but not the best.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan R February 21, 2019

A Really funny sequel

It was hilarious. A great Lego comedy. It has team work and only some Lego violence. Some rude humor.

Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2019

They shouldn't have made a second part.

The first LEGO MOVIE starring Emmet the construction worker, was well made, and very funny. They waited too long to make the sequel. No language, no violence, just LEGO action. Let's start by saying, the movie was very silly, it became more of a musical than a LEGO film. Most of the main characters from the first movie barely had any lines. The movie wasn't well thought of, not planned well, and surely not made well. Nobody had put any effort into making this movie. Kids under 9 would probably enjoy this. In the end, there is a BIG twist to the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKalaNella February 17, 2019

ModernChildren’sFilm

Most of the kid’s/teen’s movies I’ve seen have been adults shoving optimism up our faces. This movie teaches realistic optimism and I really like that they considered the newer generation’s views and ideals in making this film. 7+ because little kids do deserve extreme optimism and there is violence

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 February 10, 2019

Fun, comedic, and feel good, with a delightful musical twist.

review to come