Kid reviews for The Lego Ninjago Movie

Plenty of fake kung fu in fun comedy with toy ninjas.

Kid, 6 years old September 23, 2017

Awesome movie

This movie is amazing, and the music is the most loudest music I ever heard. Lloyd is my favorite character. And also it is a comedy.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLori R. September 26, 2017
Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2017

A mix of good weird and funny. Great for families

Really good movie. So glad my family and I went to see LEGO ninjago instead of the emoji movie. It's a great family movie. You really need to see it.

Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2017

"The Lego Movie" series has done it once again

I am very impressed by the "The Lego Movie" series because they are funny for baby's, kids, teens and adults. My proof is that there were two middle aged adults sitting right in front of me and my friend at the movie theater. The point I am trying to make is that "The Lego Movie" series is funny/entertaining for basically everyone. This fun family comedy is about a ordinary kid with an ordinary life, the only thing that is not ordinary about him is that his father is the worst villain of ninjago. His name is Garmadon. His son Lloyd is made fun of a lot. They even made a song for him, " L, L, O, Y, D! Hid dad is bad and so is he. Boo Lloyd! Boo Lloyd! BOO LLOYD!". Nobody knows who he really is. He is the magnificent green ninja. Fighting crime, and kicking butt. When Garmadon attacks the city of ninjago again and Lloydgets very mad. Then trouble ensues. The directors are unfortunately pretty bad. I haven't even herd of any of his movies and after reading the reviews, the directors sound pretty bad. The other thing that botherd me about this movie is that it only has 53% on Rotten Tomatoes. The reason I think this movie is OK for kids five and up is because there is some slapstick violence and very little potty humor. Overall I recommend this movie to anyone in general.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywungastarwars October 6, 2017

A Action Packed Movie Filled With Laughs And Some Tears

The battle for NINJAGO City calls to action young Master Builder Lloyd, aka the Green Ninja, along with his friends, also secret ninja warriors. Led by Master Wu, as wise-cracking as he is wise, they must defeat the evil warlord Garmadon, who also happens to be Lloyd's dad. Pitting father against son, the epic showdown tests these fierce but undisciplined modern-day ninjas as they learn to check their egos and pull together to unleash the inner power of Spinjitzu.(Google Summary) I went to the movie theaters to watch this last night and it was a super adorable movie! There wasn't any bad language, sexiness or drinking and smoking. There was a lot of consumerism due to it being a lego movie but nothing to worry about. There were great messages like family is important, forgiveness, and also acceptance. Great role models include two strong female characters, bad guys come around and good guys show what it means to be a team and also well a good guy. There's no big violence but there are intense chases, Garmadon takes over cities, lego people scream and run around in panic, blasters and guns are fired and one character loses a arm for a little bit. Language is just a little bit rude including, butt, jerk, what the heck, oh my gosh etc. The movie started off a little bit slow and I have to admit thought it was going to be weird. But by the middle it was a lot better and there was many funny parts throughout. The movie was actually quiet touching to, and whenever Lloyd talks to Garmadon it might make you tear up. In the end the movie is great, not the best but it's worth seeing in my opinion.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTyrannapus October 1, 2017

Great but not as good as source material

Although this movie made me laugh multiple times I thought that they should have just made a continuation of the amazing tv show, which is it's own thing and still going. The movie spends not much time character building, mainly because you should know the characters from the show, even so they have slightly different personalities. Like in this they are all teenagers, Nia was always a ninja, Lloyd is a part of the team and they own mechs before gaining their powers. Although its differences are its downfall, they have some ups to them and the movie is still another great Lego movie to enjoy. The whole father, son thing is sad and hilarious to a different way to the show, a good and bad different.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAJ905 October 1, 2017

Pretty decent Lego movie, just nothing new

This movie was not as good as The Lego Batman Movie or Lego Movie but it was still decent. It had positive messages and pretty good characters. The only issue is I feel like they just didn't try anything very new or interesting. The film also gets very weird at times. Overall though I think you should definitely take your kids 6 and up to see this rather than Emoji Crap Movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byadude September 24, 2017
Many people have been claiming that this movie heralds the beginning of a sharp decline in the quality of Lego movies. While it certainly pales in comparison to its two predecessors I'd hardly call that a sign of doom for the whole franchise. Yes it's not as heartwarming, and the laughs aren't as fast and furious, but no enterprise is perfect, and if this is the worst movie of the lego universe then I'd say that's a sign of an extremely strong universe. There's plenty of laughs and a nice enough story, good acting, gorgeous animation as usual, and nothing inappropriate at all save for some scenes that might be intense for really young kids. Essentially if you liked the first two Lego movies, your kids will love this, and you'll find it a pleasant, if forgettable way to spend a few hours.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBowser24 September 20, 2017

NINJA-GO BIG

Not better than the creativity of The Lego Movie, but hey as a fan of Lego and Ninjago I would that The Lego Ninjago Movie is a winner great comedy, action sequences and a lot better than The Lego Batman Movie

Kid, 6 years old September 25, 2017

Super fun for everyone

My dad and my little sister both liked it. It is one of my favorite movies.

Kid, 6 years old November 12, 2017

Not well done

The show is very good, and why it’s good is because the story is interesting and I like the way they combine stuff – Japanese culture and fighting. But when it comes to the Lego Ninjago movie, it was awful. It’s a big movie that changed everything in the show. The humour was not funny. The guys talk like teenagers. The language was probably apppropriate but the way that they talk doesn’t sound smart. And the movie was spending too much time on the personalities. Like Lloyd, the evillest villain’s son – they spent too much time on him. I thought, This is a really bad movie! When it was halfway I felt like I wanted to leave. And I wish I hadn’t gone to the theatre. I wonder why everyone loves it. That's SHOCKING and awful!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMluvs2sk8 November 2, 2017

I regret fangirling at this movie...but WHO CARES ITS CALLED NINJAGO

Judging by the trailer, I thought this was going to be an awful movie compared to the extremely popular show. It was. But it was awesome! Despite the awfulness about not being correlated to the show AT ALL, it was an extremely funny and slightly emotional movie! However, there is one drawback: it corrupted one of my fangirl friends and revealed that she isn't a true fangirl of Ninjago. Here are many complaints though, but I'm not gonna list them all--you'll see what I mean. Ex. The show is literally called Ninjago: Masters Of SPINJITZU and the art of Spinjitzu never made an appearance in the movie. Misako was the worst mistake--one of my friends didn't know she WAS Misako until I told him (they call her Koko in the movie). However, there are some hidden references to the show that fans will laugh at. I was fangirling so hard with my besties until we realized what we had done. In order to see this movie, you have to have a Ninjago marathon, temporarily ditch the fandom, and then watch all of the saddest parts of Ninjago to recover. The movie is awful, but you'll enjoy it in the moment. I have no regrets seeing it despite the cringe!
Kid, 8 years old November 30, 2017

So cool, but will be more interesting for lego ninjago fans

(spoiler) This movie is very funny, especially the battle between sensei wu and lord garmadon.

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2018

Good Movie, Not for sensitive kids with divorced parents.

This is a good movie, Just don't let sensitive kids who's parents are divorced watch this, because they may relate to their own situation. This movie is about a team of lego Ninja's called Ninjago, Who try to save their city, the main character parents are divorced, so I wouldn't recommend this movie for sensitive kids with divorced parents. Otherwise, this a fun family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmyMcFiggle January 31, 2018

Good but did not give justice

Well made movie but could have had more time put into it. The main thing was that it did Not do justice to the original Ninjago I grew up knowing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovie_Geek January 5, 2018
Kid, 8 years old December 30, 2017

wut the poop?!!???! 18+?????

just wow.
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2017

Everthing is still awesome.

The Lego Ninjago Movie is still as fun as the Lego movie and the Lego Batman Movie and even got a live action framing story just like the Lego movie did. While I don’t understand why the film got a 53% rating on rotten tomatoes, i’m Still with the Lego movie franchise
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2017

how good is the lego ninjago movie

it was good. not as good as the lego batman movie. but good. the main character is the green ninja. the 1 bad thing was that the green ninja did not have powers. all the other ninja had powers. the black ninja was cool. the bad guy was the green ninja's dad. but it was better then the first lego movie.

Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2017

Cute for kids

This is good for young tweens, there is a jump scare. The relationship between him and his dad is tough to watch.