All parent member reviews for The Notebook

Adult Written byBernadette5 January 18, 2009

So much for Morals...

I guess in our world of no morals, and I guess some may think I am living in a shell, but I still must say how disappointed I am to think that so many of my daughters 12 year old friends watched this movie and thought it was great. What about all the women who watched it and thought it was great. Is it great to embrace premarital sex let alone premarital sex with someone who is engaged to be married?? The sex scene is so graphic for such young ladies. But then they probably all have seen lots of movies like this. Shame on society for again embracing sin. What are we teaching our young ladies?? I didn't even have to rent this - TV was fine showing all the "good" stuff. This should most certainly be an "R" rated move by commonsense.
Parent Written bydogslover101 February 11, 2012

The Notebook

This movie is one of my favorite movies but I recommand that this movie shouldnt be watched kids
Parent Written bySarsabecks August 4, 2011

Too steamy for my kids!

I think the sexual scenes in this movie are not appropriate for kids. I don't feel there is a need for kids to see the sex scenes in this movie.
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 28, 2013

Lots of sex and kissing

Sex: *Allie and Noah begin to passionately kiss in the rain. He lifts her up carries her into the house and pushes her against the wall, still kissing her. They begin to remove clothing and Allie's dress gets removed. As Noah begins to carry her up the stairs you can briefly see her breast. They fall onto the bed, remove the rest of their clothing and start to moan. Allie eventually smiles, implying that she has an orgasm. She and Noah have sex again after their first time, but it is not shown on camera. *Allie and Noah had a makeout session in the car. They are kissing with passion and Allie pulls herself into Noah's lap. Noah's tongue is visible. After Allie says she has to go, Noah tells her not to leave, so she comes back and kisses him some more. *Allie run into Noah's arms and they kiss passionately. He pushes her back on to a wall and holds her face. This scene lasts for about twenty seconds. *Allie runs up to Noah and they start to kiss as he lifts he off the ground. *Noah comes up to Allie when she is playing the piano and starts to kiss her. Noah pushed her back on to the piano. This scene lasts about 40 seconds. *Allie pushes ice cream on Noah's face and lips and then she licks it off and they begin to kiss and flirt. *Noah and Allie get into a fight but he pulls her into a passionate kiss. *Allie and Lon kiss when they get engaged for a few seconds. *Allie and Lon kiss in a restaurant. *Noah and Allie remove all of their clothes and make love on the floor, but they only make love for a moment because Allie gets scared. There is a lot of kissing in this scene. *A couple makeout in a movie theater. --- Violence: *Some people fire guns during a war --- Language: Sh*t, B*tch and Bast*rd --- Drinking; A couple drink one glass of alcohol with responsibility.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Too sexual for a kids film

Too many sexual scenes for a kids film. Also a very sad scene at the end with lots of hard-out arguing in the film. Not for anyone under 15 I think. Also lots of passionate kissing and I think nipples are shown at one point from the girl. The movie is a intense tear jerker and will stir your emotions. Also has adultery scenes which do not send good messages
Adult Written bycourtneylsaid December 30, 2010

PG-13 says it all. Ages 13 and up!

The Notebook was, perhaps, the best romance film I have ever watched. The acting was incredible, and it did Nicholas Sparks's book justice. After reading the book, I was worried that the movie would not live up to it. I was totally wrong. This movie is rated PG-13 because of it's sexual content. There are a couple of sex scenes, however, there isn't any nudity. There is passionate love-making. At the age of 13, children should know what sex is. I feel that 13 is a mature enough age for children to watch this movie.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

Wow. Graphic sex scenes. This film is for mid teens and up
Adult Written byspudbaron April 9, 2008

Why such sexy scenes?

The movie could have accomplished its goals even without the steamy sex scenes. There was near nudity in one but nothing was left to the imagination about the other. Too much detail in these scenes.
Parent Written byTVAGE December 18, 2013

14-15+
Parent Written byolivia6552 June 7, 2012

Great, but for older teens

I think this is a great romance movie. Though, it does have a few sex scenes and some very mild language. Other than that it is a very good movie withh lots of role models.
Parent Written bytreat02 February 17, 2012

pretty good,

there is s**, but me as a parent it wasnt all bad. greatly written. i think this one is one of them that is not all about kissing and s**. dont take that the wrong way, it is very kid friendly, not for very young, but watch out on the s**
Parent Written byTeam Ethan Jostad October 30, 2011

Great movie! Too much sex

Very sexual.. Lots of brests, and gentiles are indicated and played with. Not apropriate for kids under 14. If you would like to know what happend with the sexual parts to make sure its safe, then hit my name and send me a message.
Adult Written byMedea392 October 22, 2010

This film has female nudity in, contrary to the above review
Adult Written byStephyperrigo February 24, 2010

i loved this movie. i read the book, it always makes me cry.
Adult Written bygods_grace365 October 24, 2009

Amazing film...but only for those 16+...

It is your classic love story. I watched it while I was still a teenager and found the sex scenes to be a little more intense than I was prepared for. Besides the sex scenes, the movie was very inspirational. It shows the timelessness of true love and the fight that you often have to put up to keep the love of your life. Full of passion and heart..you watch as two lovers find their way back to each other. It is one of my favorite movies of all time, but definitely not for young teens(up to 15).
Adult Written byMom_and_Son April 17, 2009

Beautiful, slighty on the TOO-sexy side, but touching!!!!

This is an exremely beautiful romantic story but for MATURE teens. If you have just turned thirteen this is probably not a good movie for you to see alone. . . or with people! Not that much language (two b---- is as bad as it gets). See it with someone special when you are fourteen or over.
Adult Written bymoviemadness December 28, 2008

A Great Love Story, But Not For Under 15s

The Notebook is a really sweet, if lukewarmly acted movie. The story is implausible, but fun and great for a sleepover/rainy day/sick day. The ammount of sex makes it an innapropriate title for younger viewers. There are no other real concerns for viewers under 13.
Adult Written byFerron008 April 9, 2008

Wonderfull

The best movie I've ever watched,wonderfull,romantic...A great cast...Perfect to watch when you're in love!
Adult Written byabc123 April 9, 2008

Awesomely Awesome

Adult Written bylittlerobinw April 9, 2008

A wonderful book and movie!