All parent member reviews for The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie

Adult Written bylsdgls April 9, 2008

This was hilarious!

My 5 year old loved this movie! It was hilarious with no iffy content. A parent's dream!
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byMerryJ July 13, 2009

Some Frigtening Scenes

My kids are sensitive to scary things. They were a little frightened, but okay with the scary pirates. What got to them was the monster cheese doodles and the rock monsters. These things REALLY freaked them out during the movie.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySteven Matthews August 5, 2009

This was the first of the Veggie Tales movies I've seen, so I don't know how it compares to others but in this one there are no bible stories, no praying, no being "saved". Only the king, who appears at the end, has any obvious allegorical connection to religion. Generally, it's humorous and fun.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byeduc8r13 April 9, 2008

Finally a movie for a whole family!

With children under the age of 10, it is hard to find a movie that we can all go see and enjoy. Veggie Tales had something for all of us. The kids enjoyed all of the funny antics, especially the "evil cheese" (snack foods with teeth). The messages are great, looking at not giving up and doing the right thing. Veggie Tales are Christian based, but unless you know that and are looking for it, you won't find any overt religious references. Just good clean lessons about helping others and trying to do your best. For adults, you can't miss the end credits - the "Rock Monster" video will take you back to the good old days of the 80's, as well as a few of the evil cheese pop up throughout the end credits. This is light hearted entertainment for all!
Adult Written byhornersfire April 9, 2008

My daughter liked it, but I had a hard time staying awake.

This is probably best saved for rental. My daughter (4 1/2) enjoyed this movie, but I could barely stay interested in the story. The only complaint about the movie itself was that it was a little frightening to her to start, but I calmed her fears and she was fine after that.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bylpattie October 10, 2009

the funnest movie

it is pretty good for 4 years old
Adult Written bymkrob77375 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysweetbabyfeet January 11, 2010

Too violent

I'm surprised to see people rating this movie as "not violent." There is liberal use of swords and sword play as well as large-scale war-like fighting with cannons.
Adult Written byglamoursqueen April 9, 2008

fun

this is fun movie that is funnny and has a good message. If you a chirstian this is a good movie for because they talk about God's word plus this is a story related to stories in the Bible. If you like this video you should watch regular veggie tale movies because they are very age okay and silly. I would be a okay giving this to my kid.
Adult Written bycyber_mom4 April 9, 2008

Good movie for kids and adults who like Veggie Tales

Pretty typical Veggie Tales fare. Fun for kids and adults, though teens who feel Veggie Tales is for kids won't like it. Good message, some pretty funny scenes. Some of the scenes might be a little scary for very young children. At the prices they charge for movies these days, I could have waited for the video to come out. But since there are very few movies out these days appropriate for younger kids, I guess it was worth it.
Parent Written byJLFM May 11, 2012

Nothing objectionable, and decent fun, too