Kid reviews for The Road to El Dorado

The Road to El Dorado Poster Image

Historically hilarious movie!

seriously underrated movie!! has a good impact historically as it shows children how Hernan Cortes enslaved all the Aztecs and brutally effected their lives. has dark undertones,, Cher wears rather revealing clothes but that is part of the culture. jokes such as one of the main characters saying to the other “i’m sorry about that girl in barcelona”, indicating he slept with her, and the other main character replies “you f—“ cleverly cut off by another character.

EDITED REVIEW AND Best movie for kids

I loved this when I was younger! There wasn’t any nudity I noticed but then again it’s been a while. EDIT: watched it today…ok so it shows the characters’ butts, once, you can skip that, it’s mainly played for laughs lol. The girl…what’s her name…wears a bikini type top and high slit skirt. There’s kissing. Lots of talk of sacrifices and language like “get the h—ll outta here” at least twice. There is drinking strange purple-y red liquid that could be wine. The horse acts drunk which is disturbing. 6+

Amazing!

It's funny and entertaining for all ages. It does have some nudity cause some people got there clothes stolen but nothing is shown really, and sensuality but it would go over most kids heads.

TOO MUCH SEGGS

I HAD TO TURN IT OFF IT WAS SO INAPPROPRIATE!!!

Pretty Good

I think this movie is pretty good. It's funny and decently crafted. There is mild innuendo and some cussing, so it's not for very young kids. The violence isn't too bad, and the characters are pretty great. All of that, and the music is pretty catchy. Good movie, but for older children

AWESOME

I personally think it's super awesome, and is HARSHLY for 9 and older. Because when I was younger, I really hated it and was really scared of it, but when I turned 9 we bought the DVD, and I wanted to watch it, I wasn't as scared of it anymore. Also when I was younger, I didn't really understand what was going on, I just thought that they mistaked them for gods, because they were on a horse and had fancy clothes. Also there is a certain scene with two characters, Chel and Tulio, but that's why you should tell your kids about tiny little things that have to do with sex. (It's not super sexual, but some parents are protective of their children) Also if they don't know what making out means, then it won't be a problem, to them it'll look like they were asleep. If they do know what sex means, then you can explain to them why they shouldn't watch that part, or whatever you want to do. NOW THIS IS STRICTLY FOR 9 AND OLDER!! So if you're writing stupid comments as to why it's awful for kids because your kids are 2-8, then shut up, I mean I'm sorry, but I'm sick of it. That's like letting a 14 year old watch 50 Shades of Grey, and say, OMG this is not for kids. YOU THINK. It's rated PG, and usually the recommendation is 8-9+, in this case, it's for 9 year olds and older. That's why. I mean, sorry for the disrespect, but it's crap

Not appropriate for young kids

At the least I’d say that this movie can be seen with caution teen and up. At first I enjoyed the cultural exposure of the film but then the sensuality of the film came into play. At first I figured I could brush it off but towards the middle especially the sensuality aspects starts to play and I decided to turn it off for my better good. I wouldn’t even recommend this film to my peers because of the obvious dangers to our vulnerable minds. Parents, I humbly ask you to not let your children watch this film, it’s not good for their growing perspective in life.

Completely immature and inappropriate

Absolutely inappropriate. I felt very iffy within the first 20 minutes, then I turned it off. I felt disturbed by the revealing clothing. I was additionally displeased by the swearing included in the film. I understand characters must have a weak side, however, I was bothered by how much the main characters wanted gold. Overall, I felt this show was super inappropriate and that the characters cursed so much. I feel like this show would have been given a PG-13 or even an R rating.

Nice, light-hearted film

I think the film is great and just as good as Disney Princess type films (they are similar in some aspects)

Good, but with a few mature themes

This is a great animated movie, with funny quips and enjoyable characters, Tulio, Miguel, El Tivo, and Chel. There are definitely some things to note, though. The main villain is dark, and practices dark magic. There is a scene in which he shoves a man into a boiling green vat of potion, and where he takes control of a giant jaguar statue and uses it to try and kill the main characters. This might be intense for younger viewers. There is also the issue of Chel, a woman Tulio and Miguel meet in El Dorado. While all the other women have full coverage shirts and long full skirts, Chel is attired in a sleeveless top, showing cleavage, and wears a long but revealing loincloth. She is sensual, and in one scene (though nothing is shown) she is heard making out with Tulio while lying on the floor. A short scene in the middle of the movie shows Miguel and Tulio in the jungle, taking a bath in a hot spring. There is a short bit where you see them naked, but from the back or side. This only occurs for a very short bit. There are a few instances of almost swearing ("holy...ship!), and the movie seems to promote greed, but also contentment. This is a wonderful film, but perhaps for a bit of an older viewer.