Kid reviews for To Save a Life

To Save a Life Poster Image

My favorite movie

This is by far my favorite movie of them all. I love this movie dearly and advise any teenager to watch it. If you think that kids in high school don't actually do all that stuff, think again. Its not steriotypiical, its truth! Watch this movie immediately, and watch it with your family. Yes theres drugs, suicide, violence, sexual content, and so on, but its so amazing its worth it.

Great for most teenagers

This movie is an amazing Christian movie with a wonderful meaning. There is mild language and some suicide, but this movie is great for most teenagers

GOOD

AGES 13 and up!

Don't hate a movie guys!

This movie is, yes, a Christian movie. It doesn't really say it that much, but it's a story of how to save a person's life before they try to commit suicide. The main character, Jake Taylor, is a good representative of a Christian. A person who follows God, but sometimes fails and hurts people but tries to make it right. We're all humans and we can't really say that we have never sinned. Also, by saying that this movie was atrocious was basically because you pretty much refuse to accept that this is you. Some people may disagree when saying "hey I don't smoke or drink or party!" and that's okay. What I'm saying is that we all sin. There is no sin that is great or small in God's eyes. (Except blasphemy). There is only one, sin. This movie teaches kids at a young age that it's not too late to turn your life around. And I'll say it again, you may think you're all that, that you are the most just person ever, but no. This. Is. You. Don't lie and say it's not, I'll agree that even I fit into this, but I'm disgusted by some of the reviews on here that say they didn't like it because it was Christian or because it's not following the title. The title is like the human body, it holds interest on the outside, but the inside (the content) is what we're really looking for. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this is you, me, and everybody in the world. I love this movie and I recommend it to anyone who believes that they can make a change in someone's life, that they can change their own lives. It's not too late. If you want to listen to a song that is the same meaning listen to How to Save a Life by the Fray. Thank you for reading and God bless.

Epic Must See Film

This movie was one of the most incredible films I've seen in a long time. It has awesome themes, it's clean, and it's enjoyable for all adults and YAs. WATCH IT! Yes, tecnically it was a Christian movie, but people of all or no faith can enjoy it, because the positive messages don't deal with religion. They deal with promoting peace, non-judgmentalism, and love, universal, teen loved themes. Last thing--normally, I think the common sense media reviews are great, but this one was appalling off. This is no 2 star movie readers.

To Save A Life

To Save A Life is an awesome movie. We watched it at a youth group lock-in and it changed my life. It is a very real movie about real teen problems. If you're showing it to younger teens you might want to explain a little bit of it or talk about it in small groups.

to save a life is good

this is a very good movie story wise is great acting wise is ok

Don't judge a book by its cover

This review is just judgemental and ignorant. The people on this site rate anything that is about suicide or bullying to an older audience but middle schoolers and younger youth are who need to see it they already know about this stuff weather you want them to or not but that doesn't mean they understand it. This movie while fiction shows how a lot of teens and these days kids feel. This is what goes on with teens even if adults don't see it. Adults today don't understand what goes on in our life. U people pass judgement on people that kill themselves or people that cut themselves but you don't know what it is. Self harm is a coping mechanism, to help with pain and stress. Suicide is just seeing no other way to escape. I say that every one should see this movie bc it shows you what it's like to feel pain and to hurt. You will eventually no matter who you are. This site is so judgemental of everything. Dear Common Scene Media, Stop Speaking about this you do not know anything about, You do not know what it is like to be so alone in life your only friend is a knife, or to be bullied so much u want to die. u are ignorant and judgemental you have personally offended me by many of your reviews.

ABSOLUTE MUST SEE FOR ALL TEENS

This movie EYE-OPENING. Beyond GREAT message. It can change the your view on how you treat others, and how our peers are treated around us. How it is so much for than 'just fun' and how what seems like "innocent fun" can physically, spiritually, mentally, emotional hurt and kill us and those around us. This movie is a REFRESHING CHANGE amongst all the sex/drug promoting movies. Families watch it with your teens, have their friends over...try suggesting some discussion afterwards. When my family and some other teens saw it at the theatre, automatic and immediate discussion followed... I can't emphasize or say enough POSITIVE things about this movie.

Powerful movie about important teen issues.

This movie was a m a z i n g my favorite... ever. I disagree with the common sense ratings on it, It's nothing too intense, and I'm EXTREMELY squeamish. It is however very mature, dealing souly with teen suicide, but it's a VERY POWERFUL movie. The main character, Jake is an amazing role model in that he made some really big mistakes, but he turned his life around. Also, there's another version of the movie that you can buy that is for churches to show that takes out some of the cussing and sex and self mutilation , you just have to google it. This movie was great and powerful, and i don't think it's too intense for anyone over 13 or 14. I mean.. think about it.. self injury and suicide, even sex DOES GO ON IN MIDDLE SCHOOLS. This movie just portrays these issues in a powerful and meaningful way. Truly my favorite.