Kid reviews for To Save a Life

Message-heavy teen drama with iffy behavior, dark themes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 28, 2016

My favorite movie

This is by far my favorite movie of them all. I love this movie dearly and advise any teenager to watch it. If you think that kids in high school don't actually do all that stuff, think again. Its not steriotypiical, its truth! Watch this movie immediately, and watch it with your family. Yes theres drugs, suicide, violence, sexual content, and so on, but its so amazing its worth it.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2016

Great for most teenagers

This movie is an amazing Christian movie with a wonderful meaning. There is mild language and some suicide, but this movie is great for most teenagers

Teen, 13 years old Written bykarlaccsc January 21, 2016

GOOD

AGES 13 and up!

Teen, 16 years old Written byCharlietheunicorn99 April 14, 2014

Don't hate a movie guys!

This movie is, yes, a Christian movie. It doesn't really say it that much, but it's a story of how to save a person's life before they try to commit suicide. The main character, Jake Taylor, is a good representative of a Christian. A person who follows God, but sometimes fails and hurts people but tries to make it right. We're all humans and we can't really say that we have never sinned. Also, by saying that this movie was atrocious was basically because you pretty much refuse to accept that this is you. Some people may disagree when saying "hey I don't smoke or drink or party!" and that's okay. What I'm saying is that we all sin. There is no sin that is great or small in God's eyes. (Except blasphemy). There is only one, sin. This movie teaches kids at a young age that it's not too late to turn your life around. And I'll say it again, you may think you're all that, that you are the most just person ever, but no. This. Is. You. Don't lie and say it's not, I'll agree that even I fit into this, but I'm disgusted by some of the reviews on here that say they didn't like it because it was Christian or because it's not following the title. The title is like the human body, it holds interest on the outside, but the inside (the content) is what we're really looking for. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this is you, me, and everybody in the world. I love this movie and I recommend it to anyone who believes that they can make a change in someone's life, that they can change their own lives. It's not too late. If you want to listen to a song that is the same meaning listen to How to Save a Life by the Fray. Thank you for reading and God bless.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBryn Clare February 19, 2013

Epic Must See Film

This movie was one of the most incredible films I've seen in a long time. It has awesome themes, it's clean, and it's enjoyable for all adults and YAs. WATCH IT! Yes, tecnically it was a Christian movie, but people of all or no faith can enjoy it, because the positive messages don't deal with religion. They deal with promoting peace, non-judgmentalism, and love, universal, teen loved themes.

Last thing--normally, I think the common sense media reviews are great, but this one was appalling off. This is no 2 star movie readers.

Teen, 15 years old Written byorangelm February 5, 2013

To Save A Life

To Save A Life is an awesome movie. We watched it at a youth group lock-in and it changed my life. It is a very real movie about real teen problems. If you're showing it to younger teens you might want to explain a little bit of it or talk about it in small groups.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 September 3, 2012

to save a life is good

this is a very good movie story wise is great acting wise is ok

Teen, 13 years old Written byhunterjumper99 June 17, 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover

This review is just judgemental and ignorant. The people on this site rate anything that is about suicide or bullying to an older audience but middle schoolers and younger youth are who need to see it they already know about this stuff weather you want them to or not but that doesn't mean they understand it. This movie while fiction shows how a lot of teens and these days kids feel. This is what goes on with teens even if adults don't see it. Adults today don't understand what goes on in our life. U people pass judgement on people that kill themselves or people that cut themselves but you don't know what it is. Self harm is a coping mechanism, to help with pain and stress. Suicide is just seeing no other way to escape. I say that every one should see this movie bc it shows you what it's like to feel pain and to hurt. You will eventually no matter who you are. This site is so judgemental of everything. Dear Common Scene Media, Stop Speaking about this you do not know anything about, You do not know what it is like to be so alone in life your only friend is a knife, or to be bullied so much u want to die. u are ignorant and judgemental you have personally offended me by many of your reviews.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCucumberInTheSkillet October 20, 2011

ABSOLUTE MUST SEE FOR ALL TEENS

This movie EYE-OPENING. Beyond GREAT message. It can change the your view on how you treat others, and how our peers are treated around us. How it is so much for than 'just fun' and how what seems like "innocent fun" can physically, spiritually, mentally, emotional hurt and kill us and those around us. This movie is a REFRESHING CHANGE amongst all the sex/drug promoting movies. Families watch it with your teens, have their friends over...try suggesting some discussion afterwards. When my family and some other teens saw it at the theatre, automatic and immediate discussion followed...
I can't emphasize or say enough POSITIVE things about this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylaceynoelle970 May 7, 2011

Powerful movie about important teen issues.

This movie was a m a z i n g my favorite... ever. I disagree with the common sense ratings on it, It's nothing too intense, and I'm EXTREMELY squeamish. It is however very mature, dealing souly with teen suicide, but it's a VERY POWERFUL movie. The main character, Jake is an amazing role model in that he made some really big mistakes, but he turned his life around. Also, there's another version of the movie that you can buy that is for churches to show that takes out some of the cussing and sex and self mutilation , you just have to google it.
This movie was great and powerful, and i don't think it's too intense for anyone over 13 or 14. I mean.. think about it.. self injury and suicide, even sex DOES GO ON IN MIDDLE SCHOOLS. This movie just portrays these issues in a powerful and meaningful way. Truly my favorite.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 4, 2011

Great, emotionally intense movie. Iffy stuff throughout.

Suggested MPAA Rating:

PG-13 for mature thematic elements involving teen suicide, teen drinking/partying, drug use, disturbing images, sexuality, and language.

Great movie, with great messages, but not appropriate for anyone under 14

Teen, 14 years old Written byspike12 March 9, 2011

AMAZEING!!!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! its a really good movie!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byheymonday101 February 10, 2011

WONDERFUL! FIVE STARS! Inspiring movie and an even better book

Amazing movie! I know I've put some bad things on here, but this movie brought me to Christ. I have no idea how CSM could give this two stars. This is a wonderful, inspiring, sob-your-eyes-out movie. The book is even better. I strongly recommend this. I cry evert time I see/read it again.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 January 6, 2011

perfect for late middle school students

this movie is really good for older mature teens. the book was good also. make's you realize it's not always easy to change your way's.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

One of The Best!!!

I loved this movie, and it is not inappropriate since it is a Christian movie. Amy and Jake have sex at the beginning, she wears a shirt that reveals her breasts a lot. They smoke and get drunk at a party. There is violence, a fight, a bomb, a kid shoots himself. They use mild language, too. But they all end up as great role models (Amy, Jake, etc.) This movie teaches a valuable lesson about Christianity. To bring someone to God is to save their life.

Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

best movie ever!!!!SAve a life!!!!!!!!

I LUV THIS MOVIE. My favorite character in the movie was Jonny, because i can relate to him. This movie helped me and many of my friends. Honestly if the whole world saw this mabey teen suicides would go down. There was nothing in the sex scene, THE DIDNT SHOW ANYTHING. And it brought me closer to my faith so this is overall my favorite movie and one of the best movies ive seen i just watched it today for the 20th time or more probely. Like TO Save A Life sas a movie cant chang a worl but the people who whatch it can. So whatch it you might end up saving a life.

Teen, 16 years old Written byandrewjensen September 2, 2010
i never seee it

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2010

great for teens

this movie is great for teens i love it after the first 15 minutes it isnt innapropiate there are some mild langauge

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 16, 2010
Very good movie, even people who aren't christians will enjoy the movie

Teen, 15 years old Written bysue31410 August 13, 2010