Kid reviews for Trading Places

Trading Places Poster Image

Fairly Funny and Mostly Appropriate Comedy

The 17+ and R rating may be a bit misleading, the film is mostly appropriate for teens. Expect some brief nudity, adult content and significant language.

It is a great movie with some profanity and nunity

I watched this movie when I was 10 but as I was watching the movie i thought it could be watched by a 8 year old. It has some topless women but I just think its the human body and it isn't like they are doing anything extremely inappropriate. There is alot of the f word and if you arn't ok with that this is not the right movie for you. I am not going to spoil it but at the end there is a good message.

very edgy and adult theme

i think this film is very good deals with very adult theme such as when people are snorting down drugs at a party there is also lots and lots of swearing. There also is some revealing of inappropriate body parts. There is also a lot of consumerism.

Extremely entertaining - but beware when kids are around!

‘Trading Places’ is a very entertaining and enjoyable film, but, in my opinion, not aimed at kids under the age of fifteen. The movie may be a little misleading at first, seeing as many kids will know the two main characters from kid-friendly films, like Dan Ackroyd, who is very well known for being in the Ghostbusters films and Eddie Murphy, who many kids will know for acting out the voice of Donkey from ‘Shrek’ and starring in ‘Imagine That!’. However, this film includes some racist comments and rather strong female nudity and themes, such as the character that Jamie Lee Curtis plays, who is a prostitute. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who is a suitable age, as it is a light-hearted, humorous film, but I don’t particularly agree with anybody under the recommended age to watch it.

Don't listen to common sense media's rating

CSM says Trading Places is for people 17 and up. CSM is a little too extreme. I mean they said the Dark Night is for people 15 and up, so you can see my point. Anyway I watched this movie yesterday and found it hilarious. Yes there is nudity but nothing overly sexual, just breasts. And of course there is cursing, I mean it's Eddie Murphy. But its not extreme cursing. And the cursing fits with Murphy's character in the movie. I think if you're a mature 13 year old, you'll love this movie.

Rating: 15

Rating: 15 For Language, Drugs And Nudity

AMAZING MOVIE

This has got to one of my favorite movies ever. Yes nudity, yes very salty language. But it's a great movie and helps to understand stock trading. Also Eddie Murphy was VERY good in it. A great comedy. I saw it but I am very mature for my age so my father was okay with it. Funniest and one of the BEST movies ever.

Okay for young teens, Language was biggest issue.

Not too bad, My sisters and I watched it together, and this is one of the VERY few R-rated movies we've watched. My parents let me watch basically whatever I want, so I can have a good judgement for what my sisters watch. They are 12 and 10, but this movie was okay for them. A few F-words (5 or 6) in one scene, but I used a movie editing software to bleep them out. Plenty of D-mn, A--, B-tch, h-ll, and a scene where a girl is wearing a see-through shirt. I had already seen it, so I knew when to cover their eyes.

Great Comedy! (Contains Spoilers)

Trading Places is one of my favorite comedies of all time. There are a couple of scenes of topless women, but one scene can be entirely skipped without making a hole in the plot (this is when there is a party at Valentine's house). Another scene near the beginning with topless nudity can't be skipped because of plot importance but is very brief. One character is a prostitute and the movie shows no downsides to her job. Additionally there is a bit of language, some racial slurs are thrown in here and there along with the s and f word. It's not the worst I've seen in a movie but it can be explicit. There also is a fair share of drugs. A person plants a bag of crystal meth into a Winthorpe's (a main character) coat pocket to frame him as a drug dealer. Winthorpe also drinks out of depression and attempts suicide with pills. Lastly, the characters may have bad role models, but there is ultimately a good message in the end. Some of the stock marketers are greedy and will do anything, including cheating, to be the top in the market. Additionally, the two owners are both racist and play around with their employees for their own amusement. They frame a man for drug possession so he will live in poverty and replace him with a poor man just to see if he is able for the job (and for their amusement). To make the situation a little more cruel, one of the owners makes a $1 bet with the other that the impoverished man (Valentine) will fail. However, the two owners eventually learn their lesson in the end when their plan to cheat in the stock market is foiled by Valentine and Winthorpe, giving a somewhat positive message in return. All in all Trading Places isn't as bad as it may seem. Keep in mind that the TV edited version comes on every now and then that takes out all the nudity and coarse language. But even with it all in, I would still allow someone 12 and up to watch it. 10 and up for the TV edited version.

Just to explicit for kids

I watched this movie with my cousins. After awhile the language and nudity was so bad I decided to shut it off. They showed a naked woman clearly! It is a pretty funny movie but to explicit for kids