All parent member reviews for We Need to Talk About Kevin

Adult Written bywonder dove June 9, 2012

Too slow...

I love these types of films, but I found this one way too slow moving for my taste. Nothing actually happens until the 2nd half of the movie and watching Kevin grow up was nothing special, he just seemed like an ignorant kid who needed some discipline. I was hoping for something actually more disturbing, according to some reviews. Maybe I need to watch it again, but from what I've seen it's not really something that held my attention. Just a heads up for people who may be wanting more thrill or thinking it's an edge-of-your-seat thriller...but it's worth a look anyway.
Adult Written bydvdkid13 January 8, 2012

Haunting and terrifying

This movie is disturbing and haunting. This is the story of a mother and how she deals with the violence her son inflicts on others. Tilda Swinton and the rest of the cast play their roles perfectly and it is almost as if you can feel the emotion (or lack thereof with Kevin). Parents especially will most likely cringe and be extremely bothered by certain elements of Kevin's character and actions. Certainly not for kids. Despite that, in my opinion, this is a movie worth seeing. The sheer amount of visual mood and expressions that convey this sense of uneasiness is an incredible cinematic achievement. Although this movie has flown under the radar, this movie will keep you thinking long afterwards. Even through the uneasy, unnerving scenes, this movie is gripping and, as a result, worth seeing.