Kid reviews for World War Z

Brad Pitt zombie thriller is dull, despite intense moments.

Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

Excellent zombie movie. Probably my favorite one ever.

This movie has lots of profanity. The language includes goddamn, ass, hell, s--t, bitch and bastard. The violence is pretty extreme including blood and not much gore (most violence is actually off screen). This is a really good movie and the sex is mild. Just kissing and sleeping together which parents do every night. So if you are a zombie fan and so are your kids, see this movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke G June 21, 2013

The movie stinks and it's unsuitable for children

"World War Z" focuses on the zombie apocalypse and how a family of a husband, wife and two daughters survive the onslaught. The whole storyline is dull and the movie is heavily advertised. The movie's also very bloody and gory. This movie did not even come close to being what people expected.

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2020

Really good, but the zombies are a little creepy

I think that the movie was really good, and I definitely recommend it for family movie night. WWZ is good, though it has lots of suspense throughout the movie. I rate it 12 up only because the zombies are a little creepy, there is lots of shooting, and because it is very suspenseful.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytraylorharp99 July 9, 2013

World War Z

Let me start off by saying that all the other reviews you shouldn't listen too. The movie is intense for kids 12 and under, and they should not see this movie. There are sequences that will give kids nightmares. Parents should know that when a movie say PG-13, that means it's recommended for kids 13 and up, not 13 and under. So think before you plan to buy the tickets for your younger children.13 and above are more likely to understand and comprehend the movie, do not take a kid just because the kid is begging you to see it, do not cave!!! The movie is good, there is some language, the violence is a 4 out of 5. The main character (played by Brad Pitt) is a good role model, doesn't want to use violence unless he must, he cares for his daughters and wife. I would recommend to seeing this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 25, 2013

World War Z is Horriying, Intense, and a Brilliant Movie but Totally Not for Kids

First of all, from the preview, this movie did not look scary at all. Well, the preview was totally wrong. This was probably the scariest movie I've ever seen. There are about 100 parts where zombies pop-up out of know where am scare you to to death... no pun intended :). There were about 10 kids in theater, and by the end, there were only a few because it's that disturbing. The zombies are graphic and the way they kill people is gruesome. There are some scenes that will blow over kid's heads such as there is a scene in a grocery store where a man is on top of a woman beginning/ trying to rape her but dosent get to do it as he is brutally killed. The movie has many,many, many scares and intense scenes. Personally, I didn't think I was going to make it but I'm glad I'd because i loved it. Be prepared to sit in the most intense and horrifying 2 hours of your life.

Teen, 14 years old Written byuser123321user June 27, 2020

A movie that is not boring

The movie is really suspenseful and intense. I really like it. There is not much blood in the movie, however there is a lot of shooting. The zombies looks may be a little frightening for younger viewers. Sometimes the main character is always saved by luck. I watched this movie three times and I never felt bored.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySam Docherty June 7, 2020

So Good!

It was the best movie. Yes it does have some violence and lots of scary scenes but other that I loved it so much I have already watched it 3 times. I rate it 12+

Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2020
Awesome movie! Zombies look how I would picture them. The whole plot was amazing. If you get scared easily, and don't like jump scares, I wouldn't suggest this to you because this movie is full of it! Brad Pitt acted great! The zombies don't get killed super bloodily, like Walking Dead, they just get shot by bullets, stabbed, but not brutally and bloodily. The thing that might scare younger children is that the zombies look a lot like humans except they look crazy, veins showing, eyes glazed, skin pale, and hostile behavior. Yep, those are zombies.

Teen, 15 years old Written byVincent's Picks June 1, 2020
shockingly good zombie flick has a 10 uses of sh-t and 5 uses each of dam- he-l bi-ch and a-s. the violence is constant and intense. people are shot and have chunks of flesh torn off by zombies. cars crash an airplane is destroyed. a nuke is dropped. zombies are shot and beaten to death by axes and baseball bats. a man chops a girls hand off to save her life. this movie shines, if you can see through the ever-present violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRubi.skye April 14, 2020

Intense, but not too intense

This movie has violence, it very much does, but I think it's based on your own opinion on your kids maturity level. This movie is full of thrills and will have you on end! When you and your family are deciding on whether or not to watch it, keep in mind, that for younger children this movie may be a little too intense. It focuses on a Zombie outbreak and it may be too much for little ones! The main character is a hard worker, and only uses violence when he needs to, I also believe that this movie is a great example of never giving up, even when times get rough!

Teen, 17 years old Written byHydroPlaysXband... October 31, 2019

Good zombie movie with "some" violence.

This movie has positive role models. Yay! Is it scary? No. Could it be better? Yea. Was it good? Yes. Bloody? Fairly. Recommended.
Violence: some bloody zombie action violence, horroring images, and scary moments. Some people are bitten. No gore. With one exception, one character is shown in the unrated version (at least) with her arm missing pouring blood.
Language: Some infrequent swearing including a possible use of F.
Consumption: medication is used. Some lethal.
Extra: not much, children are in peril, everything's in peril, quite a bit of destruction.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHorrorEnthusiast September 15, 2019

World War Z is the most realistic zombie movie I've ever seen

World War Z is very scary, the beginning is SUPER intense and even realistic, the pure chaos is just superb. This film is not dull, okay its not a jumpscare a second but it builds up intensity and becomes one of the best zombie movies ever. Proceed with caution.
Teen, 14 years old Written byExiled Universe June 14, 2019

Basically the american version of train to busan, but better!!!

This movie is far from decent and i enjoyed it. Its not really different from any other zombie films. This movie is very fasted paced and the zombie outbreak starts in the first 5 minutes, so i wished i got to know a little bit more about the character before the zombie outbreak. A problem i have is that the zombie dont really feel like zombies. They needed to act more like them and needed more blood on them and that leads to another problem. If your gonna make a zombie movie you need to make it rated r. The was some moments with intense blood splatter which i thought was cool but there wasn't enough. Most of the zombies die off screen and we dont get to see the blood and the aftermath of the kills. Brad Pitt was a good choice and did a good job. The movie wasn't scary yet it relied on action more than blood and scares. Definitely one of if not the best zombie movies ive seen so far and i would see it again in the future if i would like to.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie Kudulis April 24, 2019

One of my Favorites!

I personally love this movie! It's not the classic staggering, shuffling zombies we all think of, they are swift and savage. I like the concept of the story. Although the ending is just okay, the rest of the movie is pretty good in my opinion. I think that anyone 11+ can watch this movie if they are toughened up, such as myself. (I personally have always been tough and liked scary stuff) so if you think you or your child, (if you have one) is pretty tough and ya know, around age 11, I think you should let them see the movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHogwartz February 22, 2019

I know its kind of long, but you should read this review, it includes everything.

I LOVED this movie, mostly because it wasn't dumb like some movies or series, it actually included things other than people dying over and over again. There was some cursing, but not to much. there was a little blood, and it was pretty scary. To be honest, in the end, when the zombies were just running around everywhere, I found it funny instead of scary, like, in reality, when a kid walks up to another in school and says there's going to be ice cream for lunch that day and everyone hears about it, its like, "COME ON GUYS, ITS TIME FOR LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!" But it was still pretty scary, like when {spoiler alert} they were in Israel or something and Gerry, (the main character), figured out that the zombies were attracted to noise. It was to late because at that point there was this HUGE abundance of zombies working together to climb the wall around the city, but if you think about the ice cream thing again, its not scary, just funny. There was this woman named Segen and she got bit by one of the zombies, so Gerry just took his gun and chopped off her arm, ya, she was kind of sad about that, (lol), but still overall, a GREAT movie. By the time your child turns 12, they should watch it, but if they are sensitive, then I would wait until they are 13 or 14, but once again GREAT movie, and I promise, its NOT dumb, it is actually mostly about family. Its a little bit sad too; there was this little boy named Tomas, (my favorite character), and both of his parents got bit by zombies and either were killed or left behind, (I don't remember), but still a GREAT movie because in the end they adopted Tomas. Okay, one more time GREAT MOVIE. Oh and I know my review says it has "too much" violence and swearing, but there isn't an option for "a little" violence and swearing, so it really is just "a little," with or without the option.

Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2019

Fun zombie movie. Not for kids under 13.

I watched a little bit of this movie when I was 11. There was a zombie jumpscare and it was very scary. The zombie screamed in that frightening scene. Gory, so not for kids under 13

Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2018

this movie war horrible. Graphic and scary.

5 minutes into watching it, I shut it off. The violence is too graphic, and there are too many frightening scenes, even from the start. A few characters choose killing themselves over becoming a ZOMBIE! A graphic scene where a girl is forced to cut her arm off, due to a ZOMBIE BITE.

Teen, 14 years old Written byValiantLegend November 29, 2018

Brad Pitt zombie movie is the best!

firstly, this is the only zombie movie i've ever seen. Most of them are
R 18+ So I was really pleased to see this one was only PG-13, and it had Brad Pitt! I started watching it- having not read the book, or having any previous knowledge about the film- and it was the BEST! The terror is super eminent and really well done. One second everyone is calm- maybe a tiny stressed- then suddenly- A zombie drives a truck down the street- and total chaos! yes there is a couple of jump scares- and the zombies are sort of gross, (If a little cheesy) But altogether it is pretty suitable for tweens and up. (Brad Pitt actually made this film so that his 12 year old boys could watch something with him in it)

Teen, 13 years old Written byWooda17 November 3, 2018

Ckever zombie movie is not too scary- but is very violent and gory

For starters this is more of an action film than a horror film- the zombies would be scary to children but they are really only people with misty eyes that gnash there teeth etc. The violence in this movie is quite bad when the zombies attack- they often bite necks which leads to blood squirting out on walls etc. There is also a scene where the lead role stamps a zombies face in - we see a side view of a face with black blood oozing out the side on the bottom of his shoe. Along with these scenes there is one awful part you should watch out for- spoilers- a women is bitten by a zombie and is about to turn when the lead role draws a knife and cuts her arm clean off- there is a very red blood that covers everywhere- and we see the open wound pumping blood in time with her heart! However the solution to the 'zombie problem'is very clever. There are plenty of positive messages/role models- Gerry will do anything for his family and he even brings a young boy along from a different diseased family. Also, the graphiccs are incredible, with zombies piling up to get over walls and they even make a pyramid-like stack to reach a helicopter! A great film and a must watch for Action film fans- but definitely not appropriate for children under the age of 15- although mature 13 year olds could get away with this- depending on what your child is like

Teen, 14 years old Written byMike Owen August 29, 2018

Not perfect, but still entertaining

I must admit I enjoyed this film, though when you think about it, it was a bit stupid (I mean, bicycles, seriously?). Anyway, it's a all right way to spend an evening. Expect some horror, blood, disturbing images and moderate swearing.