A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
Families can talk about World War Z's violence. What is shown, and what isn't shown? How is this movie different from other zombie movies? Is it more or less intense?
What's the appeal of zombie movies in general? What do zombies say about who we are as a culture?
- In theaters: June 21, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: September 17, 2013
- Cast: Brad Pitt, James Badge Dale, Mireille Enos
- Director: Marc Forster
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Topics: Book Characters, Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- Run time: 116 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: intense frightening zombie sequences, violence and disturbing images
- Last updated: March 13, 2020
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love scares
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch