Kid reviews for Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Are You Afraid of the Dark? Poster Image

Bit frightening for young kids

This is an excellent TV show! Although, there are some creepy things in it. (Mild spoilers for people reading this) The main characters are often always in peril. In one part, swamp monsters come out of the water and try to drag down the main character and another kid, (they turn out to be animatronics, but still) A cart where two other characters sit on a Ferris wheel's bolt unscrew, and it looks like they're going to plummeted to their death. Some other kids are being chased around by clowns. (Clowns do not bother me, so I found the whole scene quite ridiculous) There are also some other parts that are disturbing but not really scary. A man lifts but his glasses, show bloody, empty eye sockets (there's a brief close up) Rachel, the main character, stomps on a scorpion. (There's a close up shot of the squashed scorpion, it's insides, splattered everywhere) The villain eats a scorpion. Scorpions come out of sinks and urinals (gross) and attack a policeman. There's a lot of flashing images. (One part I missed out on was clowns. I don't have a fear of clowns, but a lot of other people do. Clowns chase kids, and they looks like they're going to kill them, the policeman, (who's the brother of a character) gets turned into a clown.) There's also a lot of frightening scenes that will scare your kids. (they even scared me!) A character gets tied up and almost get sliced in half by a chainsaw, there's plenty of kidnapping, and a couple jump scares that would make you jump. In conclusion, this is a great TV show for people who want to get scared! (There's also some mild language, like Oh my god, And, clowns suck. But that's really it. Also, there a bit of flirting, but I don't really care)
1 person found this helpful.
A violent and lackluster adaption of previous 90s show, girl stereotypes.
This is not very scary it’s like stranger things

I watched all of it in one day, I did enjoy it. It isn't very scary but it is a definite watch for kids. Don't let younger children watch this though, it will defiantly scare them.

Very scary shouldn’t have been on Nickelodeon

This tv series is way to scary for most kids unless there around the 14 age or older 13 or 12 years old is fine if your not scared of horror stuff but this movie is creepy people coming out of the dark, very serious, nightmares and clowns and these creepy people at a creepy carnival over all it should not have been on nick and I think it should have been rated TV-14 to scary for most kids

I watched the first 2 episodes and I loved them but I did not like how Rachel called her story, Mr.Top hat and the CARNIVAL OF DOOM. But other than that I think that this show is for 12+. And I also love how there is lots of team work and no romance or dating and inapproprate stuff. But there is a-little violence and scariness so yeah 12+ is my rating!

na