Parent reviews for Duck Dynasty

Small business reality show highlights family bonds.

Adult Written bymomof3inLA April 6, 2012

AWESOME show & positive message about family values!!!

This show is truly what we need on TV these days. It teaches about hard work & families praying & staying together through it all. The Robertson's are an example of what all familes should strive for. They are good Christian folks who know that God has blessed them with a talent and they Thank Him for it every single day.

Adult Written byloveyou2muah March 27, 2012

Great Americans!

The Robertsons are now our favorite show and we can't wait to see it next week! They are REAL Americans! Refreshing, respectful, hard working , funny, intelligent. FAMILY IS IMPORTANT and they proudly carry that fact.They show so many of us how we have lost touch with what matters in life! They remember who gives them all good things and are wonderful role models. I must say they have taught me to never judge a book by it's cover.REALLY WONDERFUL !!!!! Love you Robertsons!

Adult Written byKLKROBBERTS389_ May 20, 2020

Mild to No Heat

I think ten but it's also good to base your opinion on your child's maturity level. There is also a Jep and Jessica series, which I think is a little more appropriate. Make sure you watch the episodes you are planning to show your kids.

Parent of a 5-year-old Written bySteve Kanbara May 30, 2014
I like this show a lot, but the reason why I highlighted the (unneeded) swearing part is because of the (random) fake bleeps that make it seem as if profanity was being used, when there's no cursing at all. Overall, my family is reinforcing family ties first while putting business second, matching the great messages.

Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 15-year-old Written byMommyFacts June 22, 2013

Amazing Show

This is a great show but you have to be careful.This is my favorite show on television that I can watch with my kids. For kids 10 and under, only watching episodes that you, the parent, have seen before is a could idea because of the mild sexual content. Turning to an alternative channel for certain scenes is a good idea. If you have a tween or teen, there is no need to monitor this show at all, but it is very enjoyable for kids about five and up.

Adult Written bylollie2013 May 10, 2013

Best thing since The Andy Griffith Show!

Funny show and age appropriate for all. Even when they tease each other there is a mutual respect. They are willing to admit things aren't' perfect, but accept each other for who they are. They eat what they shoot, except for beavers :) but the beavers are a deterrent for having a pond for the ducks. The minimal innuendos made about sex are from the married couple who made the family and still enjoy each other. Now that is encouraging, not offensive. Their choice to acknowledge a sovereign God and thank Him for their living, is exactly that 'their choice'. I have never heard them try to persuade the public to "believe" their way, nor have I ever heard them disrespect any other religion. Press on Robertson's. Your message is being heard and thank you.

Parent of a 9 and 12-year-old Written byspotsalot April 12, 2013

The best show on TV

In my opinion, this is the best show on tv. The Robertsons are a Christian family and they aren't afraid to share that on the show. It is a very "clean" family-oriented show. There is a moral to the story with each episode and the family sits down to dinner together and says the blessing before each meal. There is plenty of humor and they are very entertaining. I look forward to each episode.

Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written bywtgreene February 20, 2013

Duck Dynasty

excellent show! I love it they always crack me up all the time and has very positive messages nothing edgy about this fantastic show!

Adult Written bypvm April 11, 2012

Family friendly

I like this show it is family friendly. It teach everyone that money is not everything. That family is the most important thing in life. They seem happy with money or with out money. It is funny to see family have a good time. I love how Phil aways says the new way are not always the best ways. I think he is right.

Adult Written byMaryLaF46 April 4, 2012

Love this Show!!

I really Like this show! I like the way they are with their families, they all seem kind and humble. And even though they have money they still love the simple things in life family and hunting! And I like that I can watch this with my family!! No bad language and no private stuff!! Love It!!