Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 6 kid reviews

Sort by:

verey disgusting

their are gentiles shown in the series so its not really appropriate also teens of age 12-14 watch 15s so this is

This is a disgusting show all about sex. There is literally no plot. I personally enjoyed the original version in 2007 but this one is a waste of time.

Iᴛs ᴀ ᴅɪғғʀᴇɴᴛ sʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ

I started watching this with my mom thinking it was a fun little re make of gossip girl from the early days, for parents it has definitely matured a lot more than the original ever was. There is plenty Underage drinking drugs and a fair amount of sex, though no nutidy is ever showing. These kids cheat on each other with others same and opposite sex and there a plenty causal hookups. One of the boys is very “out going” and hooks up with two multiple people that are in a relationship, there’s a relationship with that boy and a teacher, sexting is also present. And swearing is also a theme. To be honest I think it depends on your kid and how mature they are I wouldn’t let your kid watch this if they feel like it would make them want power and popularity. I think its a good show definitely entertaining and shows some good themes. If you think your kid can be mature and you too can have good talks about it and why it is and is not ok then go for it. You can always skip scenes. Enjoy! -xoxox gossip girl

Way more mature than the og

This show is very mature and not friendly for kids under 13

Unexpected

I didn't think that the reboot would meet the expectation of the first, but it went way beyond it. I love that this new gossip girl has a more mature and new age theme to it. although it may be too mature for younger viewers so beware. I honestly loved the first two episodes so I am waiting for the third to drop next week.

Worse than original

I've always enjoyed gossip girl (2007) but the reboot is a lot more if you know what I mean. The language is stronger with frequent f - bombs and frankly it made me uncomfortable. I'd love to see what choices they made with the reboot but I'm gonna try not to because I don't think it's very appropriate. **SPOILER ALERT** I also want to mention the plotline of teachers being gossip girl. Like a fellow student is one thing but adults! I understand that the students are horrible to them but teachers should still not be bullying students.