Kid reviews for Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu: Skybound

Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu: Skybound Poster Image

Based on 1 review

I'm done with ninjago

Absolutely DUMPSTER FIRE. Ninjago brings NOTHING NEW to the table. Instead, it leeches off older theme ideas and removes heatlhy space for new themes. I don't want to make a long review about this, so I'll keep it brief. 1. For a ninja based theme, it barely follows the culture and aesthetics of Japan. Yes, the main characters ARE ninjas, there are shrines, onis (demons) and samurais, but that's just THAT. The inspiration is very surface-level, only serving as a marketing scheme towards young boys. The main villains (snakes) do not follow the Japanese culture at all; after doing some research, snakes are sometimes considered shape-shifters and/or yokais, a type of monster. Sometimes, they are even associated with DRAGONS. Do the snake in Ninjago have any type of shape-shifting powers or demon powers? No. Most of them have powers such as hypnosis (which is abundant in Tommy's works, very suspicious here), fire, water and etc. The show also tries to evade the Japanese concept as much as they can, by making the ninjas wear EUROPEAN KNIGHT ARMOUR and ride EUROPEAN DRAGONS. 2. Story is weak. Very inconsistent and a bunch of stories put together, especially in recent seasons. There are some deaths here and there, but they are pathetic. Very much for shock value. 3. The theme in itself is pretty generic. You will not miss ANYTHING if you don't watch the series. Ninjago is based on a overused concept at the time and did absolutely nothing to subvert expectations. Instead, it leeches off the same idea (ninjas vs snakes) for 11 years straight. 4. The character design is ABYSMAL. We got some creative designs here and there; the ninjas look ABSOLUTELY the same, with some differences at times, but for most of the time, their silhouettes are almost a 1:1 replica, and the fact that lego minifigures are by definition bad design (lack of changes in silhouettes and characteristics/proportions) really makes it hard for me to get attached to any of these characters. The concept of anthropomorphic snakes is cool, and I'm all for it because I'm an anthropomorphic/funny animal fan, however the idea is overused in this show and the snakes have become stale. Samurais are everywhere. Skeletons too. We got cyberpunk characters. Nothing very new. PLEASE do not bother with this. Legends of Chima is a billion times better, and even if the show doesn't really fit your standard, please admire the effort that was put on the worldbuilding, character design, concept and plot points. Thanks.

One of the Best Seasons!!!

Skybound is one of Ninjago's best seasons! The writing is incredible, the characters grow and change for the better. Great season and great show for the whole family!

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Just because I have rated it 7+ doesn't mean its not great for anyone older. Personally, this is my favourite show and I believe this series tackles serious issues such as gender equality. The romance between Jay and Nya is adorable and I think the ending is perfect (not to spoil anything). Nadakhan is my second favourite villain (only beaten by Harumi) and his intentions make him really creepy and the fact he is a genie makes him really unique. Overall best series yet.

Ninjago is the BEST

It's like lego people but it looks so realistic. Because there's a lot of fighting and technology. People have powers in the movie. The Good guys always win

Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu: Skybound

This season is awesome. Not exactly ''sexy stuff'' like the box I clicked right down there but some romance.

Full of Action, Humor, and Drama! My Fav Animated Series!

Ninjago has been my siblings' and my favorite show ever since we rented the first season. Season 6 has been one of the best seasons, I think, because of all the positive messages, such as: 1. Being a celebrity can be largely superficial and require a lot of work (the ninja are shown having to act in commercials, appear on talk shows, and constantly post on their social media, as well as worry about their "image" due to their now-hugely-popular status among the people in Ninjago), 2. Some people believe that a girl addition to a boy's-only team is a bad thing and that she can't possibly do the same things that the males can (Dareth, the ninja's "manager", tells Nya, the newest addition to the ninja team, that she can only appear on television if she's teaching girls how to apply makeup), 3. You can't fix your problems by "wishing them away", as Nadakhan, the newest villain, tries to trick the ninja into doing so that he may become all-powerful, 4. If you want something bad enough, you find a way to make it happen, 5. Greed is never rewarded, 6. Though you may be different from your friends (as Cole lately being a ghost represents), you must concentrate on doing what YOU can in order to better yourself and the people around you. There are loads more good morals here, but I hope I've convinced you to try out the show for yourself! To top off the positive messages, this show also features very real and funny banter between the ninja, who are all very close, and, though the fight with each other often, always have each other's back. I think, as a whole, this entire show is pretty heart-warming: how the ninja all come from their unique pasts with their unique struggles to overcome, and join together in a strong brotherhood that exists to fight evil and protect those who cannot protect themselves. I've never found it particularly scary, but I suppose for younger viewers it might be, and that's why I rated it ages 6+, because my youngest brother that watches it with us is six years old and I think that is an appropriate age. This is a really awesome show! (I guess you could say there's consumerism, because all of the characters are Legos, but it's not like they say, "Once you finish this show, go buy so-and-so Lego set!" so I wouldn't say that the creators are promoting their products in any way other that making their characters Lego Minifigures.) ;D I hope you enjoyed this review!