All parent member reviews for Malcolm in the Middle

Adult Written byNEVER SIGN UP F... October 31, 2010

Advice for grades 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Long time, I watched it in Kids Quest, it's in Red Rock. These boys are watching it. It's ona my fave shows on Nick@Nite! I can't believe they recommend it to 13+...something that's okay for 13-year-olds...Ten year olds are even allowed to watch it :-). I didn't know what the title is when I watched it on the FOX 5 channel since 3, 4 or maybe 5 years old. 7-year-olds(even older) can watch it, too. Not as bad as Strawberry Shortcake. These boys are in a show, too. Not Just Girls. All Ages Can Watch It. but Here's An Advice for Kids Ages 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. I would give a Zero Star which means that I don't think any kid under 11 should be watching MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE in school because of these 1000 concerns and 0 Highlights, But if you watch it at home That's good and it gives us 7 concerns and 2 highlights. 1-2 stars, You're copying the bad behavior. 3 stars, If you don't copy the Bad Behavior. 4 stars, You're doing very good at copying the Good Behavior. 5 stars, If you didn't watch any baby show even in 6th Grade. If It's One of my Favorite Shows, I'll give it a 6 star in it, Okay? good for 7+ even 10 year olds, but i found the show again at 9 years old. You can watch it in somewhere else if 7 stars.
Educator Written byAJHowell July 15, 2009

It's tempting to watch this show because it is funny, but it promotes really bad behavior that could be copied by kids who don't know any better.
Adult Written byminestein November 12, 2014

Some Subject Matter May be Innapropriate

This show is a hilarious coming-of-age story centered around an acerbic and wunderkind child named Malcolm as he navigates the perils of adolescence. Malcolm and his dysfunctional family, while sometimes loving, are a bad example of how family works. Malcolm is a neurotic and intelligent child with an IQ of 165 (genius level intellect). His mischief and selfishness makes him a terrible and hypocritical role model. His brothers are no better. The oldest, Francis, is an ex-con artist who likes to frustrate and torture (not to an extreme) his family. Reese, Malcolm's older brother, is a bully and street-tough who is the least intelligent. He is made fun of often by Malcolm and the rest of the family. Dewey, Malcolm's younger brother is a manipulative child who is still the most normal in the series. The mother, Lois, is a hot-headed mess who resorts to yelling and punishing her children to the extreme. Hal, the father, is a (mostly) good father who protects his kids. The only problem I see for children is the constant sexual implications. There are episodes containing diagrams of a breast (while not having a sexual connotation, just a lactation reference.). A girl is lied to by a boy so he can see her large breasts. Sex is constantly referenced, including Hal having a "sex face" in which he licks his lips lustfully. Nudity is implied, vasectomies are referenced. There is entire episode about Lois giving Malcolm "the sex talk" while he is locked in a car. Overall, it is a great and hilarious show.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

WHY DID THEY CANCEL THIS SHOW?!

I remember seeing a trailer for this show before it came out many years ago I thought it was going to be like Everybody Hates Chris.EHC is a horrible show but Malcolm In The Middle suprisingly isn't! There are PLENTY of funny moments and the show NEVER gets old.Trust me,this show is WAY better and WAY funnier than Everybody Hates Chris.You'll thank me later!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byklesma July 25, 2009

As an adult, I can appreciate the wit and humor, but I don't want my kids exposed. I was surprised Nick has included this show in it's lineup. There isn't one character that I would be okay letting my kids learn anything from.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

funny, but needs parental guidance

We, as a family, watched the show a few years back and it wasn't quite so objectionable then. As the kids in the show have aged--and time has gone on, it has gotten more controversial. The subject matter is not, in my opinion, for kids under about age 12...Unless you want them exposed to drug references, sexual discussion and references, etc. The language isn't necessary either, to make the show funny.
Parent Written byMsMeep August 22, 2012

+14 Ew

I watched this show when I was a child (I'm 18 now)... I was scarred for life by continuous parent make out scenes that caught me off guard! Parent supervision required!
Adult Written byDrDreVEVO April 2, 2011

Thre is really nothing bad about this show

Watch every episode and it will be funny and There is really nothing bad about .
Parent of a 5 and 12 year old Written bybigflyry August 7, 2009

Funny

This show is so funny, last night it was just like, her sons turned to nice daughters. "And I know that making sex is wrong." "You got pregnant!" "And she was only dating him because I LIKED HIM!" Ha Ha and there is a lot of naked people and an occasoinal D**n ass crap etc. 10+
Parent of a 14 year old Written byChrissy_16 July 25, 2009

Not for young kids.

I don't recommened this for younger kids, because it promotes yelling and disrespect for parents. But my 14 year old daughter and I watch it sometimes. I guess you just have to pick the right episodes, because some are really funny.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymaguys July 7, 2015

so funny and for real

I wish my 10 year old would watch this with me more often because i think its brilliant. Although i do cringe sometimes as it can be outrageous. I love all the family even Reece and see my self in mom i hate to say.
Educator and Parent Written byhwatson December 2, 2013

OK over all

Some bad language and violence but over all it is OK for most kids
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

I need these: Black: Spirit Red: Ready to test Green: Self Defense Orange: more self defense Blue: Forms Yellow: Basic Technique I dont need to get these for a little while longer: Brown: Board Breaks Silver: Sparring

Aidan, always beating me in everything. *dreamy expression*
Parent of a 12 year old Written byklabick September 15, 2012

Pretty Good

A little iffy because the sex talk but if you fast forward that it is ok. very entertaining thought
Adult Written byAKMan April 24, 2012

This show is great.

The show is great but it is definitely not pause for a thirteen-year old. I'm ten and my seven-year old brother watches it! Good show, but the people who make the reviews are extremely unreasonable.
Adult Written byOriginal March 24, 2011

Awesome show

Best show ever
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymollsta1234 May 13, 2010

10+

too funny A FAMILY SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynot my proplem March 3, 2010

It has a tink of cursing and hand-to-hand combat
Adult Written bywallaceson August 28, 2009