All parent member reviews for Sex and the City

Adult Written byyuri13 October 11, 2014

Really?15+?

This series is more graphic than others "Not For Kids" like "Nurse Jackie".Several sex scenes,breasts and butts,frequent uses of Fuck,Cunt,Shit, bastard, prick, wanker, whore, fag, slut, asshole,Alcohol and drug abuse(in some episodes). Rated R:Strong Sexuality including nudity,pervasive language
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 November 26, 2011

vey mature show a bit to mature!

a very very mature show not for kids adults and 13 and up only atleast in my honest opioion.
Educator Written byDerrick Strider December 30, 2014

What A Disappointment

Honestly, every time I even attempt to view this show, there's always something to be unhappy and often offended about. A terrible influence on anyone, not just children and teens. This time I couldn't help but inwardly curse the transphobic comments and references seen in a particular episode. The overuse of the term 'tr*nny', -which is an extremely derogatory slur and used for nothing more than invalidation- the phrase 'half man and half woman' not only ignorant and offensive, but also incorrect. Also, the way the three trans women in the episode were depicted was mocking and drastically unrealistic Any of these things said or referenced to in a real life situation, to someone who would be offended for either themselves or somebody else, would earn the speaker a hard, well deserved slap to the face. The whole episode disappointing and thoroughly disgusted me. Other than the plain distasteful humor, the plot is transparent and non-creative, given there be one at all, and it all seems like a waste of time in my personal opinion. This show could have had loads of potential, unfortunately it just didn't leave up to it.
Parent Written bylk127 September 22, 2011

Who cares if adults watch it, but kids?!

I am shocked at the number of young kids reviewing this show. I am a 27 yr. old female and i think the show is an awful display of what a woman should be. And I would never in a million years let my daughter watch it. Talk about setting her up for growing up too fast and having completely unhealthy expectations of what life and love is.
Educator and Parent of an infant year old Written byFosterFan November 20, 2011

Fabulous show!

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." Those are the last words said by Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City". And they sum up all I love about the show. It says that, with or without a couple, life's great if you have good friends and regular levels of self-esteem. Of course there is inappropriate (and very appropriate) sexual behavior, a lot of swearing and tons of smoking and drinking. So what? It's not like people are gonna let kids watch a show called "Sex and the City". Right?
Adult Written bytlynn228 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byconcatsanddogs101 May 5, 2016

Witty, funny, thought provoking, and warm-hearted

Sex and the City is probably one of my favorite TV shows. And while it is very inappropriate, it's also smart and whole-hearted. Content includes very frank sex talk, graphic sex scenes, and nudity (most nudity is shown during sex scenes). Nudity ranges, but it's mainly bare breasts and butts. Sometimes, full frontal nudity is shown (female and male). Though, a lot of the more graphic sex scenes usually cover all sensitive body parts with the placement of things like bed sheets. Language contains many uses of f**k, s**t, b***h, ect. The words c*nt, and f*g are used around six or seven times throughout the entire series. Drugs aren't really an issue. They've been featured in about two episodes (mainly in a comical way). As far as positive messages go, friendship and female empowerment are the ones that stand out. And even though the four women of this show are very sexually active, they're likable and a few end up being loose role models. As far as consumerism goes, all the girls talk about and spend money on clothes and shoes. Overall, the show does feature graphic nudity, sex, and language (then again, it was on HBO), but that doesn't stop the show from being funny and optimistic.
Adult Written bymoviem June 18, 2015

It can be educational

It have sex scenes and words related to sex but can be educational for kids to learn the process of sex
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 9, 2014

"Sex And the City"

Virginity and the city.
Parent Written byMr. March 7, 2014
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... February 28, 2013

good show for 16 year old girls.

its a good show just not for kids cause all the sex talk and the language and the characters having sex. but for a 16 year old to watch its very understanding there growing up and they understand what the show means.
Parent Written bymrporkface11 April 27, 2012

Good Show!

I love ths show!
Adult Written byrjk1991 June 24, 2009

Great show for 16+ or 14+ if edited

I personally love this show and started watching it when I was 16, but as for kids, I would have to say that this show is definitely at LEAST a 16+ show. If edited for cable, then 14+.
Adult Written bysexy nikki April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCharliePATpk April 9, 2008
I found it curious that some of the previous reviews suggesting that an underlying theme of friendship made the overt theme of sex more acceptable. Maybe I run around with the wrong people, but even when I lived in NYC I never knew people who slept around as much as these gals.
Adult Written byLexie267 April 9, 2008

Great Show

I've been watching this show since I was 13. My parents knew that I watched it...in fact, they watched it with me. Five years later, I still watch the show with my parents!
Adult Written byMarketingNewbie April 9, 2008