All teen and kid member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 28, 2010

Old Episodes Were Great, Now...Not So Much.

I LOVED Spongebob back in the late 90s early 2000s. The episodes were clever and funny. Now it's just overly used gross humor and slapstick. A little slapstick and gross humor is fine, but this is too much. This show was at its high point in 2003, I recommend you go watch those episodes. Pretty much any episode of this show from 2006 on (with the exception of the one where Squidward becomes handsome) is terrible.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

A Classic!

I've watched this show all my life, and its really good. It is MUCH better than new shows, like Fanboy and Chum Chum.
Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2012

WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT!

Everyone is saying that you can't learn from it ,that I don't want my kids trying this stuff,and it rots your brain. First, it's a cartoon, you're not spost to learn your spost to laugh and spongebob is a show to LAUGH at. SECOND,if your kids are trying this than you need to have a serious talk with them. Last, a cartoon like this can't lower there IQ or ruin there life or teach them to fail all your test it's just a CARTOON, C A R T O ON , CARTOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2010

Wonderful show for kids who like to have fun.

To all you parents who think SpongeBob isn't a good role model for your children,your just making your kids suffer.SpongeBob is a fun-loving character,and if you can't handle that,something is definitely wrong with you. Don't you want your kids to have fun and live life freely? EXACTLY!!! So SpongeBob is a very good cartoon to watch,and it always will be. But,I do have some concerns about the new episodes. Ever since the movie was aired,the episodes have gotten a little haywire. Some injuries can be grossening to little ones. "Dumb" and "Stupid" are said in the show,and my little brother says it all the time now. So,overall,SpongeBob is wonderful,but try to be careful with the newest episodes.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2010

Old episodes are the best, new ones have lost their touch

I grew up with Spongebob and everyone in my family loves it. I like the older ones since they are more mature and funnier humor unlike the newer ones that aren't really that funny and are sometimes really gross.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

should not be for kids

some sexy stuff not for little kids and nakedness and the new season is not appropiate for kids not a funny show anymore
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2013

The people of bikini bottom stink!!!

I hate how when squidward plays his clarinet everybody acts like it's he end of the world!!! That is just plain MEAN!!! Squidward rules!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2012

Sponge Blob

SpongeBob is probably the most un-educational program on television; an if I spelled that word wrong, it is because this disturbing show turned my brain to mush. Although kids may be attracted to the cruel sense of humor, parents: be warned. Studies have been released that a child's IQ can drop when watching spongebob. They do not learn any life lessons, nor do they gain any drop of knowledge. The main character, spongeblob, doesn't even have a brain; literally! In the wild, sponges, fauna which live in the ocean, don't have brains, eyes, noses or mouths, which is probably why this disturbing character is so disfigured. In addition, Spongebob, has an incredibly annoying laugh; if your child adores him, don't be upset when I write "I told you so!" when he/she starts imitating his aggravating laughter. And believe me, they will adore him for life! Although you may think I am another kid who is just having fun writing a hilarious review on Spongebob, I assure you I believe what I write. Along with the extended list of reasons not to watch this show above, I have a few more terrifying reasons why not to watch spongebob. I have read a few reviews listing this show as inappropriate. Although I have watch the show, like, 3 times in my short life, I have heard about this annoying sponge making inappropriate remarks. For example, a review on Common Sense Media says that spongebob said "Patrick, your genius is showing!" Patrick followed up by covering his "area". In addition, they have given inappropriate closeups on other characters, like Sandy the Squirrel. In addition, kids can grow as annoying has Spongebob, thinking he is a role model. Believe me, he is not. There was a guy in my old neighborhood who put his dogs solar on and ran through the electric fence. If he taught me his trade, at least my brain wouldn't got o mush as fast. Tell your kids to stick to Elmo, where they actually learn something to make for Sponge Blob's damage. Every time I see spongeblob, I begin to worry that I will fail not only my SAT's but I will... darn. I forgot what I was gonna say... Memory Loss! Save Yourselves and Your Children!
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2011

Appropriate, but...

While there's nothing particularly inappropriate in Spongebob, I simply find myself not enjoying the show anymore. I remember a few years ago, I would flop on the couch after school with a glass of milk and a pile of homework, watching Spongebob and laughing aloud quite frequently. It was once a great show, with episodes containing pretty good plot lines, entertaining characters, and rip-roaring humor. Unfortunately, that Spongebob is no more. The characters who's antics once surprised and delighted you are now boring and overdone: Spongebob is too happy, Patrick is getting more imbecilic by the second, Squidward has something akin to manic depression, and Mr. Krabs does nothing but talk about money. Along with this, the creators have simply run out of ideas, exchanging their old, intelligent humor for slapstick and cringe-worthy puns. I'm afraid Spongebob Squarepants' golden days are over, and will provide entertainment for only the youngest of children. Parents might want to pick up a good book when this one comes on.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2015

C-A-L-M D-O-W-N

SpongeBob isn't meant to be a real quality show, people! It's a silly harmless cartoon, so people calm down!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKnowWhatGood March 31, 2011

Spongebob=KIDS BEING HURTFUL

This show was good for when it started, but not NOW! The plots are silly, the characters are as dumb as doorknobs and it's just plain BORING. Kids shouldn't be repeating this stuff and it is just wrong. It's not even right for kids ages 7 and up! Kids that age don't even understand that material.
Kid, 5 years old January 7, 2012

Just Fine

Good Show but I Like Ren and Stimpy more than this. But this and Ren and Stimpy are my Favorite Shows
Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2012

Sponge bob

Sponge bob is a really good show. It is really funny and it is cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

My favorite show of all time!

Out of every brilliant cartoon,this one is the BEST! The animation is really colorful and the jokes are funny! SPONGEBOB RULES!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGetoverit May 19, 2012

Geez, people are dumb

I think spongebob is fine, I mean who gives a crap if they say 'stupid' you guys act like they're singing ' Young, Wild & Free' Geez, I mean wow.I mean they have some romodels and Educational Value, I mean remember the episode were Spongebob forgot how to tie his shoe than he sang a song? Well, he taught me how to tie my shoes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjfreighgiuhg March 22, 2011

spongebob is as edgy as a circle

I don't like spongebob but it is not edgy. They say "stupid" but come on, they could do worse. Besides, parents should do their jobs and talk to their kids. Don't plop your kid in front of the TV all day and complain there brains are rotten. The show is dumb but its fine for little kids. Hitting someone or telling your neighbor to shut up is fine for a six year old.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2016

Best Show

This show is and always has been a great show. Kids will not remember the "bad" things that happen in the show, it's SpongeBob for Pete's sake.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAli J May 12, 2013

Good for kids

There is nothing in this show that kids can't handle, but the newer episodes definitely aren't as good as the older ones. The older episodes made Spongebob and Patrick's stupidity funny (Like in the best episode Band Geeks!) while the newer episodes are sometimes too dumb. If I were rating the old episodes I would give this show 5 stars because I still enjoy watching re-runs of them, while I give the new episodes 3 stars.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 4, 2013

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? THE BEST SHOW EVER!

CSM is acting very stupid. This show isn't iffy for 6 at all. It is plain AWESOME. It is hilarous, the animation is stellar, the humor is perfection, and the theme song is extremely catchy. I also think people are overreacting when they say the show went downhill after the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 18, 2012

My #1 favorite show of ALL TIME!

I've never seen a show better than SpongeBob in my ENTIRE life! Anyways,this show is NOT AT ALL iffy for 6 year olds! It's for the WHOLE FAMILY! Anyways,the animation and jokes are GREAT! I've seen every episode and I never want to miss an episode!