Parent reviews for The End of the F***ing World

The End of the F***ing World Poster Image

Addictive

None of the characters in this show are even remotely likable. James killed animals, Alyssa is a typical edgy teen (that is, a typical edgy teen who actually acted on her edginess), Bonnie (who appears in the second series) has serious issues, and just about all of the adults are portrayed as clueless idiots. However, with that being said, The End of the F***ing World is a well-made and addictive show. The first two episodes made me question whether or not I was actually going to continue watching, but the major event in the third episode had me hooked on the series. As much as I hated the characters, I was eagerly anticipating what would happen next. James and Alyssa remained insufferable throughout, to the point that I actually found myself rooting for Bonnie a bit. The show definitely doesn't feature positive messages or role models, but it makes clear that the decisions made by these edgy teenagers are incredibly poor, as they face numerous consequences. The series is beautiful to look at, taking place in rural England. It also features a soundtrack composed by the incredible Graham Coxon from Blur.

2 people found this helpful.

SCARRING content for kids, DISTURBING for adults - 18+ ONLY.

Extremely disturbing / traumatic topics for teens and kids. DO NOT listen to other reviews saying its "ok" because it deals with many disturbing scenes even for adults. Likely other reviewers havent even WATCHED the series. Gore, unacceptable crimes against humanity, etc. No role models at all, DON'T let your children watch this. Will scar them for LIFE. 18+ only, nothing less. Once again, crimes against humanity committed. Many gross scenes. No role models. Very sad and gorous. For adults, great storyline though, addictive. Interesting perspective of deep characters. Don't normalize kids' seeing explicit content in this society, it is detrimental to their mental health growing up to be exposed as they are developing. Older audiences are better suited. All in due time. Also, I am disappointed by the vague and VERY inaccurate reviews recommending this to literal CHILDREN.

1 person found this helpful.
it is completely irresponsible for Netflix to put out a show like this. Despite its edginess, lines, darkness, it normalizes and glorifies self harm, extreme anger. There is a epidemic of teenage mental crisis going on right now. Many are depressed and suicidal and identifies with characters, and this is not okay to be putting out shows to attract viewers, rating it MA but mainly focused on the teenagers.
1 person found this helpful.

It is something that can be less of a TV Show, and more of an experience for audiences 'alike':

'The End of the F***ing World: Season 2' is a seriously beautiful display of 'loving friendships', growing relationships, peer support, love hate, healing, grieving; and it's further supporting elements of love through struggle and struggle with love. It is an nostalgic twist on the previous yet first Season and improves with creative visual repetition within presenting growth, some final but 'self honouring' examples of personal growth between each character and their journey to "being 'alright' ". The show continues to explore it's elements of surprise and teaches us that seeing a proper glass: "glass half full AND half empty" perspective that leaves it's Final Episode, 'Episode #2.8' in it's second Season the possibility of being left in all forms of thought and feeling, speechlessly astounded in ( an ) amazing experience(s) acknowledged aside from remembering; you have been watching a show and these are actors. The form in which the show displays the forgiveness between 'James' and his peers and environments and 'Alyssa' showing audiences that there is always more possible than what 'regularly', "meets the eye" to improving 'self', in the balance of healing in one's problem(s). I believe that this is a review that does go to say give notice in "sure" a light-hearted but truthful insight there is able to be hidden in the show, without going to say "what happens" in the sense of why I believe the show has had this mindful and inspirational impact on myself and 'maybe' some further audience(s) as well; because as much as an opinion is perspective, it is just that; and if you feel a 'relatable' impact after reading this review, before watching the show ( as little or as much as you would like) your 'views & feels' with/around/towards/all of the above, Season 2 will be your own perspective; I give ' The End of the F***ing World ' the potential of a '5-Star' rating of TV of 'any kind' and an official '4-Star Rating!' I recommend that the show is suitable in any perspective nature for audiences at minimal Age 17 and up; as it does contain what could be viewed as it's potential ' "too much" ' violence and swearing including general crude language of a sense of rudeness between the characters and their peers; in and around their environment. Audiences can definitely know that after reading this review, whether they may be looking to find inspiration, of and to growth, or not, they may be impressed on self insight that the show can encourage our minds to remember is present about the ' idea ' of 'healing'; regardless if they feel the've noticed a change and/or improvement of general insight or not.

The End of the F***ing World

1 person found this helpful.

Very dark humor, for older teens

Some images are practically gore and it is not good influence on smaller aged teens. Need to have a very mature open mind for this type of content. As an adult I liked it but I would not encourage my kids to view it. Alyssa in particular is even more crazy.

Amazing!

So don't be alarmed by the title of the show they use the f-word maybe once of twice. I honestly don't have much of a problem other than maybe some blood? It has good messages and I totally recommend.:)

Very good

Quite a bit of language, rather dramatic violence

Very dark, excellent

So this show is incredibly dark, despite its comedic tone, and the characters here definitely aren't people you root for. They're not likeable but. Inspite of that you feel empathy for them. Overall it brings up a lot of great questions, and I'd say it's pretty solid for most teens

You won't like it at the beginning, at the end youll want another season

Its very nice, but it has lots of adult content Its best for ages 15 and up