Parent reviews for The Night Manager

The Night Manager Poster Image

18+ !!!

No idea what the CSM reviewer was thinking. This is 18+. Definitely watch the first season yourself before letting your kids watch it.

TV-MA

This is a great spy thriller, but it's not for kids. There's nudity and graphic violence. I watched this through Vidangel, and there were a lot of specific filters for nudity, language, and graphic violence - I turned these filters all on, because I don't want to see that stuff as an adult either.

Extreme caution necessary

The editor review of this series makes it seem much more mild than it actually is. Lots of sex, violence, swearing, and even nudity (which I'm surprised has not been mentioned already). In short, this show is not for kids/teens. I had a hard time finding a standardized rating for this series, but finally discovered that it is rated TV-MA, which is definitely an an appropriate rating given the content. I would strongly recommend that parents consult the IMBD parent guide for this show, before allowing their kids or teens to watch it. It is much more descriptive of the scenes you can expect to see in each episode.

More adult than the main review lets on...

Nudity, the f-word, and some graphic violence are all part of this show that is a bit more adult than the main review outlines. The line between good guy/bad guy is quite blurry, and women tend to be objects for saving or owning. The notable exception to this is the main female lead, intelligence officer Angela Burr, played by Olivia Coleman. She is simply outstanding in this role!