Parent reviews for Tiny Creatures

Tiny Creatures Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Fun and creative!

If you research the show, you'll find that the animals were well-treated and never in harm's way. This show is exciting, with obviously made-up stories as a creative way to showcase living conditions for animals in different environments. My daughter thought it was great, and I found it fun. Possibly would be a bit intense or scary for kids under 5, so if you're on the fence about letting your littles watch, you may want to give it a sneak preview by yourself first. For older kids, it's a fantastic opportunity to discuss creative filmmaking and how they accomplished the shots with multiple animals. It's fun to try and figure out the movie magic they used to shoot the "danger" scenes.

Educate yourself on proper animal care!

This show is well made and filmed, turning the lives of small animals into dramatic stories. We had high hopes as the kids and I love nature documentaries. This is not a documentary, however, and everything is manipulated, which you would think makes it a show that doesn't abuse animals. But the abuse is evident. From the tiny, highly inappropriately sized cage of the golden hamster to rabbits being kept in a way too small cage on a table (what!?) to multiple small animals being put in stressful situations for the drama (even if the predators were added in later, it's still not okay to treat animals like objects), this show made my kids shout at the TV that the animals deserved better. They know a lot about animal care and this show was just not good for them. I'm angry too. It's unacceptable to promote such blatant animal abuse, even if no animals were hurt in the making of the show, I don't think the animals show have a very good life. It is sad and I'm disappointed to say the least.

Love

I LOVE this show! I hope they continue it!

Fantastic family viewing

We would highly recommend this series. Our boys loved it, it’s truly captivating and they’ve already asked if there will be another series!!