Parent reviews for ABCmouse.com

ABCmouse.com Poster Image

Don’t waist your time or money!

Content gets old and boring for the kids real quick. And good luck when you try and cancel, took me three months of trying to cancel. Called customer service number, after waiting 10 mins a recording tells you to go to their chat and disconnects the call. Go to chat and wait even longer, a computer asked you questions and then tells you a specialist will be with you and not to close out chat. Well I waited over thirty mins and no specialist ever came to the chat! Did this for three months before someone finally came to the chat 40 mins later and after I emailed their customer service email. Then they would not refund for the three months I’ve been trying to reach them to cancel and proceeds to say they are making an exception to refund one payment. Well that’s not true since the charge was still pending and not posted!! What a waist of time and money!

1 person found this helpful.

You couldn't pay me to try this!

After seeing this annoying commercial 1,000x I vow to never order this product that I've heard nothing but negative things about! It's just a "babysitting service" for lazy parents that actually rips them off because it's nothing but a non-educational scam & money making propaganda. It's impossible for toddlers to use without help because the overall design sucks, and older kids get bored after the second or third try. Don't bother wasting time or money please! I've never heard anyone who paid for this garbage that didn't end up regretting it. Cancelling? Near impossible because they are thieves. Play with your children instead people. They're only young once! Or better yet, read them a book. This teaches them nothing. The advertisement is so fake too, as if your child will become a prodigy by playing games online. Riiiight! Lol.

Dissapointed, annoyed, and confused

Overall, the app has games that can be useful if assisted with a parent. I have a 2 year old and she enjoys playing games, but the overall experience is disappointing. Annoying to navigate and certain aspects are missing for the price. Warning that the app is different from the site! Many features on the website are not on the app. Cant trace her name. Faves on the PC not on app. Can only fave games in your learning path. When I search for a game, tracing and trace one letter it doesnt return to letter select IT RETURNS BACK TO SEARCH. I do not want to search for the individual game each time? The slow loading we could deal with if my toddler didn't have to wait to SEARCH for it after each letter. Expect better for the price TRY BEBI TODDLERS INSTEAD!!

Poorly designed education content. Empty and hollow.

The learning program of Abc Mouse will destroy the thinking capacity of kids. No doubt it engages the kids and gives false hope to parent that kids are learning. But the programs are so poorly designed that they are empty sugar without any nutrition. The learning program have been designed lazily and hurriedly. There is some kind excessive pattern matching. Kids dont have to think much. Rewards have been designed well but the program they have to go through are pathetic. My kids were engaged and we were happy initially. But later I saw that instead of progressing in academics, they had lost substantial amount of knowledge they gained earlier. Only thing they had become expert in is playing abcmouse games.

Terrible Chat Service

When I questioned the price for 1 child versus 3 children (12.99/mo-regaurdless) after 30 day trial, the first chatter sent me to cust care which was rude when I asked for clarification because they were vague. Then they said as I stated...I still have the email with all the messages. Not fair I have to pay same price for one child. Not interested in service. Angry that I was talked down too.

Had to cancel credit card to stop charges

The product itself is good & as advertised. However, despite what you may read from their website - it is not easy to cancel.

This company is a scam.

Do NOT sign up for this company. They have charged me hundreds of dollars over years. I just discovered this recently and they've charged me at least $180 and acknowledged that I cancelled a year and a half ago, yet i have charges for every month since. They claim they can find no record of the charges and therefore cannot refund or stop. My bank is unable to stop them either. How is this legal? This is straight up criminal. This company needs to be shut down and their executives jailed. I see I'm not the only one. They can't create a worthwhile product, so they bleed parents a few bucks at a time.

It's nothing but a Scam

I filled out all the info 2 month free trial. I tried to log in my email and password didn't exist in the system However my bank alerted me abc mouse had taken $48.99 out of my account. Luckily I signed up through Amazon and they are working on getting my money back.

Really good educational app

My kids love it. We used it when they had no school during covid

ABCmouse Sucks

Once you sign on then you can not cancel. They charge you every year and you can never talk to anyone. My daughter just played the games and didn't learn anything. Waste of time and money. Don't fall for there trap. Apple sucks