Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 23 kid reviews

Sort by:

AWFUL APP

I got this game when I was nine. (Yes I know it's ages 2-8 but I thought being nine was Okay.) Anyway, I got this game and it is way to hard to navigate. It would be fine if their was an adult sitting WITH the child so they don't accidentally leave the learning path and enter the ENDLESS line of coloring pages! Note to ABC mouse: Kid's don't learn the "Planet Lesson" by just coloring in a picture of a rocket! Also it's way to easy! Seriously! I tried the seven year old section of the app and its the same thing as the preschool section! Apparently the "Second grade level" is the same thing as the preschool level but you can color outside of the lines in the coloring pages. The whole app is just coloring pages! The games are the same for the older kids. There is no way to stop big kids from going to the "Toddler Time" section. All the first grade questions are super easy? One was "Is the bumble bee red, blue, or yellow?" I recommend ABCya or Prodigy math game.
2 people found this helpful.

So annoying

This is garbage I see this stupid add every where and everything looks lame and dumb it’s so annoying and teaches stuff for 2 year olds and I’m just like no one cares!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Enjoyed it!!

When I was little, I enjoyed playing ABC Mouse every day. It was the most fun learning game. When I tried ABC Mouse for the first time, I asked my dad to sign in for the game. I really loved it, and it was amazing.
1 person found this helpful.

Big part of my childhood!

I spent HOURS a day playing this to the point that my parents had to take the computer from me! I learned so much from it and it isn't just about learning, you can spend tickets you get from learning at the shop where you can customize your character and decorate your very own room! It's for grades K-2, which is a bummer because it's actually so fun! I am disappointed that is isn't free anymore, but it's not too expensive and I guess they have to make more money. I also love that there are no in-app purchases! All you have to do is pay monthly, no other purchases needed! It's so worth the money because you can read books, listen to music, learn letters and numbers, play games, go to the zoo or farm, manage your own house and pets, shop, and go to the movies (my personal favorite!) Once you do get older, there is another ABCMouse.com website called Adventure Academy for grades 3 and up.

Very great learning site!

I think that ABCmouse is a great learning site. It offers courses for kids 3-8 and is very great over all. The lessons make it fun and help kids become more eager to learn. If I were a parent, I would consider getting your child into ABCmouse!

Horrible. Just Horrible.

My 5 yo sister did the free 1 month trial after seeing the commercials on TV. The first few days she enjoyed it. But after a week, I noticed she was just sitting bored on her tablet listening to this: H, h, fantastic h, h is the letter that follows G! And then it repeats that like, 200 times until the song is over. The games and books are narrated by this sickening annoying high-pitched girl voice. I can't even eat a snack in peace without listening to: "Bobby went to the store. He bought milk. Bobby loves milk!" In an annoying voice. I mean, if ABCmouse is gonna charge $10 /mo for this game, at least make it better. The coloring stinks. If you wanna color in an apple, all you do is click on the apple and it becomes red. Parents, if you wanna do something more engaging, set up a painting project or make clay animals together. That's what my mom did, and it's WAY more fun than ABCmouse. Then, my sister wasn't even doing any of the actual learning. She was just customizing her house and watching "movies" in the theater and buying clothes for her avatar. When she runs out of "tickets", the in game currency, she asks ME to do the activities FOR HER so I can earn her MORE TICKETS. The books are the worst. When you read a book a dopey voice narrates it for you very slowly. It should be more like RazKids, where my sister listens to a book (in a normal voice) records her reading it, and sends it to her teacher. IXL is also really good. It's WORTH WAAAAAY MORE than this horrible app. My last straw is the music. It's dopey circus baby music. Don't bother with this app. Do Khan Academy or Starfall, or just hire a tutor or sit down and read a beginner's level book together. You'll be happy you did. I'm SO glad my mom realized what a scam ABCmouse is and cancelled it. This girl is happy!

Great for starters!

This app makes learning fun!

Wonderful learning game! Kids would just play the games.

So Great but There are some cons.

It is so good! My sister that is 7 years old does ABCmouse in 1st grade. She says it is so fun. Why do you have to buy a subscription when it looks like a free program? That is all the cons of this program. This game doesn't suck because you get to do fun activities.

Please just end

I’m sick of seeing commercials for this app where ever I go. The game looks annoying and probably doesn’t even work that well after some of the Parent reviews I read before writing this. When my brother was four, he did the free trial thing and claimed that the game was boring and doesn’t teach him anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.