Parent reviews for Adult Swim

Promotional TV site can be funny, but it's for mature users.

Adult Written byFreecofx December 7, 2020

Great

Good shows most shows food for kids 12 and up as long as they have a parent some shows should be a little older though
Adult Written byBisco J. June 8, 2018

Boring shows

Boring , talks about nothing , dumb shows
Parent Written byculinwino3000 June 17, 2010

Not even I should go on it,

Adult Written byJanderson89 October 28, 2021

Crass, needlessly at times, generally meh quality these days

So I remember the first time I saw adult swim. For one reason or another, I was up late at 7 or 8 years old. It, naturally, was something new and exciting, especially since it said adults only. Easiest way to get a kid's attention. Back then it started at 11pm. Now it starts at 8pm. As far as rating goes, it's got a pretty broad range. Generally I'd recommend teenage or above, though you know your child. Frankly, I think teaching your child is better than sheltering them, but there are some shows that take it to an extreme. Best example of this is Mr. Pickles. Very gross, gratuitously violent, deviant. Now this doesn't bother me, but the scenes could bother a younger child. Frankly, it's not worth it either. It is grotesque just to be grotesque, and that's the show. That's it's pitch. I can enjoy gratuitous blood and gore and sex, but not when that's ALL the show does and thinks it can coast on this. I bring this up because this is generally what's wrong with the block as a whole. Anything good (IE: American dad, and even that has wore out it's welcome for me) is another property.
I will say on the positive side, there's generally not a TON of sex. Sure it's talked about, but the worst thing I can think of is a gimp in the priorly mentioned Mr Pickles. Again, my recommendation is talk to your kids. Everyone goes through that edgy teen phase and, if you wall off a channel like this (especially with the earlier start time it's more accessible, albeit the worst shows usually start 11 or midnight) it becomes this cool thing just by nature of it being taboo. Food for thought from a former kid.

Adult Written byJediLegion December 19, 2020

Inconsistent Programs

I find adult swim highly disappointing!!! They change the airing schedule at the last minute when you have waited all week for a show to air!!! Super disappointing!!! They either need to stick with the programing or give the shows to someone else!!!
Adult Written byDsims November 14, 2020

They’ve changed for the worse

I like the anime component on Saturday nights. That’s about it. But even that’s been sullied of late by their very aggressive political advertisements. If you’re a strong proponent of BLM, you will probably welcome the changes. But if you’re a moderate or worry about the brainwashing of your children, then avoid. Like the plague... too bad too as I’ve watched this programming a while. Being based in Atlanta, it makes sense but doesn’t excuse their aggressive, incessant advertisements.

Parent Written byJohn Gault March 14, 2018

Start Time

They start AS to soon. I think they should wait till 11 PM. Not all kids go to bed at 9 PM. They just changed the hours from 9 pm - 6 am to 8 pm - 6 am too. Where I live there are 3 cartoon kids channels: Nickelodeon, Disney and Cartoon Network.. and they're all right next to each other: Channel 34, 35 and 36 It's a little reckless and easy for a kid to end up watching Stewie shoot his family or whatever.

Adult Written byBob S. April 16, 2017

PLEASE READ. Ps. I'm talking about the actual show

Well, adult swim has a lot of sex, violence, achool, and swerving. some of the shows are rated MA. Some shows are okay of kid such as dragon ball z , the beak show, and Sumerian jack, and more. But most of it is inappropriate of kids. I mean the shows are very funny, and fun to watch.

Adult Written byBunnieXO January 15, 2017

Cartoons After Dark

Adult swim is for adults that like to watch cartoons. Adult swim is very x-rated! Even the bumpers shown on adult swim is x-rated. I love adult swim! Especially on Saturdays, anime night!!! When it gets really late in the night you see weird TV shows.... And I mean weird in a bad way. I usually be sleep before the weirdness shows up though.

Adult Written bychloec2 November 28, 2015
You shouldn't be able to watch Adult Swim if you aren't capable of using proper grammar or spelling in a review. I think that even people under the age of 15 should be able to watch the shows, so long as they have the ability to understand what on these shows is and isn't good to repeat or do. A majority of the kids and teens that are influenced by these shows lack the common sense to know what's wrong and what's right. Raise your kid right and they won't grow to repeat something so clearly wrong.

Parent of a 5, 12, 14, and 18+-year-old Written bykawaiikittenz April 13, 2015

they had home movies
Parent of a 17-year-old Written bynene729366 January 17, 2011

Parent of a 16-year-old Written byvampiressmile7 April 7, 2010

vampiressmile7

I just flat out don't like it who came up with it was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byflapatriot February 3, 2010
Adult swim using a cartoon format with the type of content is irresponsible. Cartoon format is typically associated with child entertainment, using this format to deliver such adult content is irresponsible. It perpetuates a negative message without the reality of consequence.

Parent of an infant and 17-year-old Written byBarrak Obama December 7, 2009

ILOVEIT

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Educational Value
Parent Written byCaptainRon December 4, 2009

For Morons Only - Disgusting be it on the Web or TV

Adult Swim...on TV or the Web is about as bad as it gets. Freedom of speech, once followed the golden rule by means of common sense...not any more. Teenage moronic conduct is a direct result of TV programming and web sites like this.

Parent of a 11, 12, 17, and 17-year-old Written byDeirdre G. November 23, 2009

Vulgar . . . spend your time doing something else.

There is nothing funny about vulgarity and obscenity. If you put trash in . . you get trash out. Kids don't need to be up this late anyway.

Adult Written bymarymack October 25, 2009

Not appropriate for teens or tweens

My tween always tries to put it on and I always turn it off when she is in the room