All parent member reviews for Ask.fm

Adult Written byLashyun April 3, 2014

LEARNING

Not great.

This is simply another question/answer site. The anonymous questions option is sometimes fun, but sometimes also used to direct hurtful things at other users. It might be best to disable this feature. One important thing to note is that their support team is definitely onto it and won't leave you hanging. I found someone publically publishing questions with my full name in them spreading upsetting misinformation, and I reported the comments immediately that evening and sent a message in through their "contact us" form. By morning, I had recieved an email from the support team, and by the next day the comments had all been removed. This site is not for younger kids. Teenagers could use it, but do be aware of the potential for things to turn nasty.
Educator and Parent Written byworkingmotherof3 January 19, 2014

How can this be legal?

This site gives children an open invitation to vent their anger, insults, bad language, hate.... Teasing, taunting, criticising, bullying... Popular kids use it as a platform to become more popular, unaware or perhaps well aware that their comments can hurt others. Children with a low self-esteem are likely to fall victim to bullying as the site allows anonymous posts. As a teacher and mother it is the worst social media site I have ever seen. Sign the numerous petitions on change.org to ban this site.
Adult Written byBookie33 May 5, 2015

Linked to teen suicides

I will NEVER let my kids go on this sight! Some of it the posts are harmless gossip but others are awful taunts from one child to another with insults, verbal attacks and bullying! Children are unmonitored and can say whatever they want! Many children suicides are linked to this sight. Please be careful....