Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Ask.fm

Social Q&A site with lots of objectionable content.

Adult Written byworkingmotherof3 January 19, 2014

How can this be legal?

This site gives children an open invitation to vent their anger, insults, bad language, hate.... Teasing, taunting, criticising, bullying... Popular kids use it as a platform to become more popular, unaware or perhaps well aware that their comments can hurt others. Children with a low self-esteem are likely to fall victim to bullying as the site allows anonymous posts. As a teacher and mother it is the worst social media site I have ever seen. Sign the numerous petitions on change.org to ban this site.

Adult Written byfastilan July 17, 2019

sohbet operatörü

sohbet operatörü, sohbet operatörlüğü, sohbet ederek para kazanma, sohbet iş ilanları, yazışarak para kazanma, görüntülü konuşarak para kazanma, sohbet et para kazan, evden para, görüntülü sohbet para kazanma, para kazandıran sohbet siteleri, sohbet ilanları, sohbet operatörü arayanlar, görüntülü sohbet operatörü, konuşarak para kazanmak, sohbet operatörü iş ilanları, görüntülü sohbetten para kazanmak, eleman alınacaktır goruntulu sohbet operatoru, bayan sohbet operatörü, görüntülü sohbet operatörü, canlı sohbet para kazanma, para kazanmak, eleman alınacaktır sohbet operatörü, yeni sohbet iş ilanları, görüntülü sohbet iş ilanları, günlük ödemeli sohbet operatörü, sohbet sitelerinden para kazanmak, sohbetle para kazanma, evde sohbet ederek para kazanma, eleman alınacaktır evden sohbet para kazanmak, evde sohbet ederek para kazanma, konuşarak para kazan, sohbet operatörü iş ilanları, sohbet operatörü iş ilanları 2018, konuşarak para kazanma, sohbet para kazan, canlı sohbetten para kazanma, chat yaparak para kazanmak, evdenpara.org, fastilan.com
Adult Written byLara C. October 8, 2017

Should be renamed bully fm

Don't let your kids on it as sadly they'll either be subjected to horrible questions or could get caught up in sending them. I never had a ask fm but some of the questions I've read that my friends got were vile they ranged from kill yourself to extremely sexual and vulgar questions . Keep your kids off ask fm as it's hardly a nice place when it's over run with bullying and linked to countless suicides.
Adult Written byLisa N. September 27, 2016

Empowers bully's

If zero stars had been an option, that would have been my choice. As a parent, it's no surprise when you give kids the power to post personal questions and statements about others, while keeping their identity hidden, you are begging for trouble. In my area, that's all this app amounts to. It either needs
to be shut down or they need to remove the option to post anonymously thus taking the power away from the ones causing problems. Ask.fm provides an easy route for kids to be cruel, insensitive and target someone to humiliate. I certainly hope the creators of this app will take this review to heart for the sake of those that already have and those that will continue to suffer from its negative effects.

Adult Written bygyurobenson November 30, 2015

Horrible website full of bullying

The creators of Ask.fm should be ashamed of themselves for allowing what goes on among children on this website. This website does nothing but enable destructive, distasteful, bullying and inappropriate behavior for kids and teens. I don't see how the owners of this website can sleep at night knowing the harm they are causing to children. This website is nearly impossible for parents to monitor making many innocent kids vulnerable to dangerous situations. All of Ask.fm's fancy "settings" and "filters" do nothing to prevent horrible behavior. Their fancy settings also do not prevent kids from bashing and destroying the reputation of other innocent kids who don't have an Ask.fm account or social media at all. Kids don't have the sense to turn off anonymous followers and parents have zero control. How can the owners of this website even look at themselves in the mirror for this? What they have done is disgusting. It's time for parents to speak up and boycott this terrible, inhumane website. DON'T ALLOW YOUR KID TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON THIS SICK WEBSITE, YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR YEARS TO COME!!

Adult Written byMomsCare October 8, 2015

Parents beware!

Please pay attention to any child whether a teenager or even as younger, if they are on this site. Make sure to stay clued in to who they chat with/leave messages on this site. Enough said.
Adult Written byJillP 1 September 19, 2015

ASK FM

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! DELETE THIS FROM YOUR CHILDS PHONE. BULLYING AND HAS CAUSED TEEN SUICIDE!! STAY AWAY!! ASK FM DOES NOT COOPERATE WITH ANY INVESTIGATIONS HERE IN THE US! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!!!!

Adult Written byBookie33 May 5, 2015

Linked to teen suicides

I will NEVER let my kids go on this sight! Some of it the posts are harmless gossip but others are awful taunts from one child to another with insults, verbal attacks and bullying! Children are unmonitored and can say whatever they want! Many children suicides are linked to this sight. Please be careful....

Adult Written byMark1676 February 8, 2015

BEWARE THIS IS A SITE FULL OF BULLYING

This site allows (anon) this translated means cowards the lowest of the low bullies AVOID AT ALL COSTS COULD SERIOUSLY AFFECT YOUR CHILD

Adult Written byJennalevey August 15, 2014

Up and coming!

ASK .FM has been acquired by ASK.COM, so it's gonna get cleaned up really soon.
Adult Written byLashyun April 3, 2014

Not great.

This is simply another question/answer site. The anonymous questions option is sometimes fun, but sometimes also used to direct hurtful things at other users. It might be best to disable this feature.

One important thing to note is that their support team is definitely onto it and won't leave you hanging. I found someone publically publishing questions with my full name in them spreading upsetting misinformation, and I reported the comments immediately that evening and sent a message in through their "contact us" form. By morning, I had recieved an email from the support team, and by the next day the comments had all been removed.

This site is not for younger kids. Teenagers could use it, but do be aware of the potential for things to turn nasty.